Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog do you have?

Cinder I love your story. I think your Dad must be a very nice man! He's lucky he found you, right?

I am owned by 2 beautiful, sweet, wonderful Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Stanley and Lindy. Stanley is 9 years old, and Lindy is 7. They are the light of my life--absolute joys!! I have been the dog "mom" to other breeds, but none as sweet and loving as the Cavalier. I work as a vet tech and meet many loving dogs and cats, but it is always a joy to return home to my babies.

I am Mom to Jeffrey a 2 yr old basset/lab mix and Bandit a 2 year old pug. They are my boys. I always wanted a house full of kids, but now that I am single, I can't afford it. My dogs are the kids I don't have to pay college tuition for; much cheaper Jeffrey is a total Goof! He's definitely more lab than basset. When he runs downstairs, he's always in such a rush, he tumbles down the last 3 or 4 steps. Bandit seems like the aristocrat. He just looks at him as if to say "How un-civilized!" When my 11 year old daughter Kelsey sings in her "Munchkin" voice, Bandit howls like crazy. If I'm eating Bandit begs like he's starving, but if it's something he doesn't like he turns his nose up and trots away. Jeffrey, on the other hand will eat anything! To get Kelsey up for school, all I have to say is "Jeffrey, wake up Kel." He runs to her room, jumps, and does a belly flop on her. Kel doesn't particularly care for it but I think it's hilarious! I had dogs growing up; Lucky who was the family pet and Camp (don't ask, I was only five when I named him), but had a cat (Mike the Cat passed on in '98) as an adult since I only lived in apartments. As soon as I moved into a house, I got Jeffrey, then 2 months later, Bandit. They are true treasures and I can't imagine life without them. Aaah, group hug!

[This message has been edited by Genia (edited December 08, 2000).]

Hi my name is Sue and I have a Saint Bernard
    called Jenny she is two and a half years old.
    I have had her for nearly three weeks and she is already learning to sit, stay and heel. She is my third Saint Bernard that I have owned, all at different times and she is GREAT!!!!

Hi I have a Saint Bernard called Jenny she is my third saint that I have owned two of which I rescued. She is my first bitch and I love her to bits. I have only had her for nearly three weeks and she is already learning to sit, stay and heel she is two and a half and has had her second vaccination injection yesterday.

My husband and I have a 6 yr old, female, Sable Sheltie and 2 cats. The sheltie is very very intelligent, we will play hide and seek with her toys and she finds them every time no matter where we hide them. She has full run of our house, she also sleeps with us at night. While we are asleep she will peer out the window, since our bed is next to it. She leaves snark marks on the glass from her nose pressing against the glass, we love our pets.

Ya know what? this topic is way too long!

I see most of you love a larger dog and I am an avid lover of them too, in particular Goldens and Pinchers. But my heart goes out to the most wonderful dog in my opinion,,,the pomeranian. If breed right they are the most loveable,,,,and most clown like little dogs I have ever encountered in my years. Ha,,,gotta love em. Big dog attitude in a little body,,,,but this pedigree loves everyone and will invite strangers in for tea while I'm away!!!!!

Enjoy your babies!

Kerri
    Ker-Dan Poms http://www.kerdan.com
    Thief River Falls, MN

My last 3 dogs have been lab mixs but Poms are one of the best for small dogs. I had one for a pet for 13 yrs. as I was growing up and it was a sweetheart! Minnesota people have good taste. (I don't think it shed all that bad either. Brushing was in order for sure.)

Too kewl,,,thank you for responding,,,yep in my opinion Poms are just the neatest little clowns,,,,Would love to hear from you. You can email me at [email protected] if you care to ,,, I would love to hear about the Pom you had!

All my best,

Kerri

We own 2 shelties and a tibetan spaniel.
    The female sheltie, Shelley, is a lovely red-sable colour. Danny, the male sheltie, is a tricolour & was a rescue. The tibetan spaniel is called Angel & she is a beautiful gold colour. She became an Australian Champion in the showring but was unable to have puppies. Her breeder retired her to live with us as a pet. Our 3 dogs are much loved.

Originally posted by ILoveDogs:
    I have a female cockerpoo (mini poodle/american cocker spaniel cross), named Cleo.
    Hello!! recently jus get a CKC Spaniel, her name is Angel and she is 4 year old.

Originally posted by LEGG:
    We have a black lab airedale mix named Monty....
    Originally posted by LEGG:
    [B]We have a black lab airedale mix named Monty....
    I have an airedale mix, too! Her name is Ginger. She was a pound puppy. Her puppy class teacher thought she has German Shepherd in her, as she has stand-up ears. But she's very Airedale...has the terrier eyes and wiry hair. She's smart, sassy, playful, mischievous, &likes to hunt moles/gophers. She's been said to resemble Little Orphan Annie's dog! She's seven now. Sure love to see a pic of Monty. Black lab with Airedale sounds sooo cuuute!! Bet he has a beard, too!

I have a cocker spaniel and his name is P.J.

------------------
    Rotties Rock!!!!

Hey, i have a beagle i just love her to death i can never think of that coming she os just the spunkiest lil' thing. her name is maggie.she is not a puppy actually she will be 6 years old next month but she act exactly like one. the day has finally come,today i get a jack russel i have never seen her before but i have seen both of her parents,who are gorage.i never had a jack before so im kinda of scared of how it may act.im going to have tons of questions such as do they like other dogs .or what will set off their anger ,ok now im anxtious and scard im sure i faLL in LOVE with the 6 week old baby.if you have any info i may want or have a name i could name her please e-mail me @ [email protected] see iv' got mixed emtions scared and happy!!*************************
    heather osman