Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What kind of dog do you have?

I LOVe Boxers!!! They are so cute!!!!! Do they play with temselves? My neighbor has a fawn female named Nikki she is one of the coolest dogs I have ever met!!!!!

I LOVE Boxers!!! They are so cute!!!!! Do they play with temselves? My neighbor has a fawn female named Nikki she is one of the coolest dogs I have ever met!!!!!

OPPS I didn't mean to do that!!!!

I have two dogs. one pomeranian and one mixed. The pomeranian is everybody's fav coz she's so cute. The mixed is always regarded as one of those dogs...but for me she's the best. Mixed are also great dogs!!!Mixed or not, they will always be my baby

------------------
    e.m.s.

I have an adorable Black lab/German Shepard. She is beautiful, and friendly!

I have a Shih Tzu Named Gizmo

I have a yellow lab named Cousteau (after the great Jacques Yves), who's the cutest dog i've ever owned.

I now have a Lab mix and hes soooo sweet but I just found out hes part Great Dane!!!

I have a 1yr. 5 month old German Shepherd. She's very playful and sweet, sometimes she gets a little ruff, but she doesn't do any harm. She's started to become the protective watch dog we've wanted her to--but not all the way!
    It snowed pretty deep at our house today, I can't wait to take her out ot play in it!!!!!!!!
    Lara

We have 2 Beagle/Corgi mixes, to whom we refer as the "Noble Borgis."

It's an interesting mix - Binkley, the youngest at age 3, still thinks he's a puppy, so he's very hyper. From the Beagle side we have the prey instinct, and from the Corgi side, we have the herding, so he wants to chase you til he catches you and nip at your heels. He can be a little dog aggressive, mostly when he has his Gentle Leader on. He hates that thing, but it's greatly civilized our walks. In pop culture terms, I'd have to say he reminds me of a Jim Carey character on "In Living Color." The one I'm thinking of is in a scene with a "serious" newscast going on and Jim is in the background doing crazy things to get on TV. "Hey, look at me, notice me!" That's Binkley! He's a clown who doesn't always know when to quit.

Mojo is 4, and we think he might have some Basset in him, because he's a total couch potato. He's also a little dog aggressive. For his pop culture reference, I'd say he's a cross between Benson from "Benson" and Darlene (the younger daughter) on "Rosanne." Sometimes he seems to be shaking his head at how silly we are the way Benson did with his dingy boss, and sometimes I think he goes out of his way to be crabby, especially when Binkley/Jim Carey is acting out.

They both came from no-kill shelters. I have to laugh now, because I originally wanted a small toy dog, but I can't imagine my life without the Borgi Brigade in it! Mr. WendyK always wanted a Beagle, but his stepfather is allergic to everything with fur. I'd promised that he could pick whatever kind of critter he wanted, because I got to have dogs (Dachshunds) growing up and he didn't. When we went to the shelter in 1997, he and Mojo just clicked immediately. About a year ago, I was surfing Corgi links to find out more about the breed, and landed on petfinder.com, which has links to critters in shelters, and landed on a picture of Binkley. His smile reminded me so much of Mojo that I just *had* to have him. And the rest is history!

------------------
    WendyK

--"The more I know people, the more I love my dogs."

I have three dogs, a mad flatcoated retriever puppy of 7 months,a naughty black lab of 2 and a rescue mongrol of 12.I do not understand why flat coats are not popular they are the sweetest breed, my puppy is 7 months and went into a obedience competion and came 3rd. My lab is very naughty and has not grown up. The only time she behaves is when she goes obedience training. I would like to say well done to all people who ever homed a rescue dog. My mongrol of 12 was thrown out on a busy motor way and left. Once we had had her for a few weeks she was perfect. She is excellent with children and other dogs although wary of men. She is the most perfect dog, I love her to bits and would like to say thank the rescue who gave her to me. I would also like to thank all the people who go to my training club for all their support, advise and help in qualifing my lab for the obedience at crufts. Most people did not believe she had done it.

I have a Basset Hound puppy named Daisy who I love to pieces! Well actually she is two years old... not exactly a puppy anymore... but I refuse to admit that She's the sweetest girl and makes friends with anyone or anything, she has even inspired a few of my friends to buy Bassets, one named Baby Daisy !

Well, as I have posted all over the place...we have 5 big poochies. Sox is Aussie/German Shepard mix, Tigger is a Husky/Pit mix, Shawna is an Aussie, Jazzy is a Great Dane, and George is some sort of a hound. All of them are great and have such distinct personalities.

I have a fawn greyhound that is my world!! She is very happy and spoiled!! I often think of adding another dog to the family but I have a VERY small house,and a small car, with no fenced in yard. My family would have a fit if I brought another dog along on vacations, trips, or visits!!
    And Shaianne enjoys being top dog!!

Hi, all; I'm Cinder, the lil' German Shepherd from Ohio. I was six months old and only weighed 34 pounds when Dad, he's my Two-legger, drove over 80 miles to the jail in Wheeling, WV, to 'dopt me. He saw my mug shot on the jail's web site thanks to my two Angel Mom volunteers who took my picture and then e-mailed Dad the photo. I'm alomost two now, and weigh a whopping 44 pounds and stand a mighty 22 inches on my tippy-toes. I look 'zactly like a big German Shepherd, but Doctor Mike, the two-legger in the white coat that put the zipper in my tummy, says he thinks maybe I got *mixed* with something small. Dad doesn't care since I've finally decided that it's fun to crawl up on his lap and help watch the TV box. Small is nice!

I've been to 'bediance school with Dad. It was a lot of fun, but he often acted upset and cranky in class. The teacher always *grinned* when she watched us do our stuff in class. I had the most trouble walkin' backwards so's I could watch the mutt heelin' around the course behind us. He was a butt sniffer.

I gots a liddle brudder who lives with us at the house; he's called Boots, the Kat. Bad attitude when I first came home; he spent a lot of time up on the high places in the house. He always seemed to have a speech problem; everything he said was either a low growl or a hiss with a lot of cat spit mixed in. He's a lot more friendly now, but he still screams to Dad for help when we play box and wrestle. I get away from Boots most days 'cause I go to *work* every day with Dad to help him fix 'lectronic stuff at our shop.