Thread: The Crying Cat.

The Crying Cat.

Since yesterday I have heard a cat crying and crying and crying.

I looked out the back door where I have seen a new cat 'fren' visiting, but have not seen any sign of any cat in distress.

All last evening, early this morning, I kept hearing this cat, "Help me....Help me...........HELP ME....."

If I walked out onto the patio, the noise stops.

Later on that evening?

"Help me....Help me.....HELP ME!!!!"

I woke up last night about 4 a.m. and heard,
    "Help me....Help me.....HELP ME!!!!"

I finally gave up and went to sleep.....

I woke up this morning to the same "Help me....Help me.....HELP ME!!!!"-and finally tracked down the source of the pained cries for help.

I was totally heart broken when I saw the poor cat that was asking for assistance.

--------------

Yesterday I was in my 'old house' looking for some music to play.

I grabbed some CDs, locked the door and went back to playing my music.

Toonces, The cat that loves to follow me around and be a total PITA, walked into the house behind me and, in my effort to find some quality music?

I locked him in the house.

I never checked the doorway of the house-I keep the wood door open to keep the place aired out and just latch the screen door......I guess he sat there for most of the evening calling out for the knucklehead that locked him inside, to come out and reverse this injustice!

------------------

I felt badly for not even thinking about checking the house, but I guess when I went to the door, out the door and onto the porch, Toonces could see me and thought I would go to his aid.

So close and yet so far.

-----------

I have taken the oath to try to become an all around good guy and keeper of the kittehs, But, I feel that I have failed miserably.

Now, I have another facet of cat care to consider.

Never give up on a cat that needs help.

and

Make sure my 'tail' is out of the way when I close doors.

Oh Richard, every pet owner in the world has done something like this. I once accidentally locked my poor girl Missy outside for the whole of a cold winter night. Thank God she had the sense to stick close to the house.

Cats are quick to sneak in (or out) and we don't always see them. And then we feel so terrible when something like this happens. At least you found and released the cat before she could come to any harm.

Always remember that cats are survivors and can withstand a brief period of lockdown. And remember to do a head count when leaving the house!
    Gin

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I guess he sat there for most of the evening calling out for the knucklehead
    that locked him inside, to come out and reverse this injustice!
    Reminds me of Boots, da Kat ~ EXCEPT ole Boots *NEVER* called out
    when he got stuck behind a closed door!

Boots would pull a Dumm Stunt and dash into a kitchen cabinet, bedroom
    closet, bathroom closet, or the basement and then never utter a *peep*
    that there was a "problem".

I could look, search, and *calll* for an hour or more and never hear a sound
    out of him. FIND him and THEN he'd let out a Mee-Urrrp to let me know
    how upset he'd been too be confined all day.

KATZ!

Thank goodness you found him. Now just add the "old house" to your list of places to check should one of them come up missing. Of course, giving him an extra treat would help him forgive you faster.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a New Furrever Home would delight Toonces.
    I know that likr you , I am reluctant to adopt a New Fcae , but I made a share of my estate out to the Animal Welfare Association so so that my Surviving Cats will always have a home.
    We are awaiting the New Team of Edster and his side kick Toonces , the Driving Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

So no one panics?

The 'old house' is a guest house that is no more that 15 feet away from the 'big house' - Since I spend most of my time here in the BH, I just go there to store and pick up stuff that I need once in a while.

There is no danger to the cat, I would have gone in to grab something, sometime today....I jsut felt badly because I heard him cry a few times during the night and didn't put two and two together!!

-----------

Gary,

Neither you or I are going anyplace soon, so I guess we will just have to keep being servants!

I hope that you are right , Richard and I feel that its my douty as sad as it will be to see My Michael, Princess and JJJ3 off as they graduate to Awesome Angels.
    Its good to know though that theres a back up plan and that theres the Pampered Feline ready to take over and give the Found Cats a home for the rest of thier lives.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

Thank you RICHARD for helping out the cat. Its so cold out and there are so many pets out there that aren't as lucky as "The Crying Cat" who has you to look out for him.

See?? You do have a marsmallow for a heart, ya old coot!!!! Love you!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

RICHARD, you've had only Ed for quite some time and, even though you're not taking care of outdoor kitties, it's only natural that you wouldn't think to check inside the house whether a guest house or the main house. All turned out well, no harm done, and maybe the kitty will be a little wiser about not following you into places where he could get stuck. You're a good caregiver of the fuzz nuggets, my friend, relax.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Richard!

You really are a soft touch Good on you and I'm so glad all worked out well.

Cheers,
    Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Real Men love cats.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Real Men love cats.
    LOL, Not last night.

I had the front door open and Toonces came up to the screen, hissed and spit at Edward-who usually is the instigator?-then wandered off to his place on the porch.

This morning I was out sweeping and doing chores when I looked up and saw him puke up his guts all over the top of the wood box.

Payback?

I should think so!

Poor Toonces may have eaten a mouse and it was too rough on his little Tummy.

Cats do not lose thier lunches on purpose , as much as we moan when they toss thier kibble in the wrong place.