Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog names for a female puppy...

Dog names for a female puppy...

Help me come up with some names, any unique female dog names... I am looking to add a new addition to the family in January/February. Although I said I want to get a Siberian Husky, I just don't see it happening anytime soon... it's starting to look like that I will might just as well adopt at the same rescue Hank was from.

So far, I have:

Finnigan (Finn)
    Riley
    Addison (Addy)
    Dublin
    Daisy

Although I'm more interested into names that ends with a "Y" or "IE" at the end. I didn't think it'd be more difficult to come up with some possible names for a female puppy than a male puppy.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Thinking of your beloved Rosie, how about another flower name?

Petunia (Tunie)
    Iris
    Daffodil (Daffy when it applies!)
    Magnolia (Maggie)
    I've Been Frosted

I have always loved:

Sydney
    Cubby

xanadu
    Regan
    Chloe
    Bailee
    Harmony
    Hershey
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I like Shelby, Mollie, Holly, not ending in y or ie I like Hewson(yes after bono) lol. or Nalla.

- Sloopy (After "Hang on Sloopy", and after all it is about a girl! And, it's one of the popular songs to hear at a OSU game!)
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I can barely pick names out for my dogs... people expect me to give samples for them! LOL!!! Oh geeze... although I felt special once. Someone used a name I suggested. (Zaq) My husband was not fond of this because his name is Zac. hahaha But I love that name.

I'll be thinking of girly names...

Oh, I know my hubbie wanted to name Remy Bailey. Specially if you get another beagle (who knows) lol They always called their old dog Beagle Bailey (Even though her name was Claiborne)
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Sometimes you have to meet the dog (or cat or in my case, bird) before you get the name. Then it hits you because it's like that's the name that your new friend is supposed to have.

But please don't be like my mom's husband and name a Yorkshire Terrier "Yorkie"!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Lira

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post
    Sometimes you have to meet the dog (or cat or in my case, bird) before you get the name. Then it hits you because it's like that's the name that your new friend is supposed to have.

But please don't be like my mom's husband and name a Yorkshire Terrier "Yorkie"!
    Ha, no I wouldn't do that. I actually went and looked at a Beagle/Dalmatian mix, and it was a female - Immediately, I thought, "Freckles"...because she had SO many black spots on her face.. it was quite adorable. Actually, if she is still available after the New Years, she would be mine, but we will see.

hmm.. Addison.. Bailey.. and I was gonna suggest Lexie.. haha.. Grey´s Anatomy theme going on here.. haha

you might consider one of those names
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

dalmatian !!! Freckles is a cute name.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

This is silly, but I was thinking that you might get a cross of Monica's dogs so I combined their names and came up with Demy. LOL Sorry, you can just ignore this silliness.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well I could come up w/ several cute names for a husky-but out of the names you came up w/ I think Riley sounds kinda cute ;]
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Olivia is cute. We are getting a new puppy adopting her from the shelter where I work this week. Will post a thread when she's home probably Friday.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..