Thread: Glad to be a dog owner

Glad to be a dog owner

We went out for dinner tonight to a really nice restaurant. The meal was really good, but the entire time we were forced to listen to the screams of somebody's child. 45 minutes! I seriously was ready to leave when they finally got their check. I know they are entitled to a decent meal, but what about the rest of us who wanted a peaceful meal? I was just so glad that I have my Malone & he will never embarrass me the way those people should have been embarrassed.

As the mom of not only the furry and feathered types, but also the "skin" type, I am appalled when people allow their children to disrupt a nice meal too!!! Helen never got that far in a restaurant. One or the other of us always took her outside if she got too agitated. It gave us indigestion too!! Thankfully, she learned about proper behavior at an early age, so she didn't disrupt too many meals!!!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I've certainly experienced the exact same thing, and like you, it infuriated me!!!

I totally understand what you are talking about!!

Andrew and I were at this very nice Japanese place one night and the people sitting behind us had the most abnoxious kids! The kid was flinging food all over the place and got rice in my hair. Their mother laughed and thought it was so cute!!! Everyone in the restaurant was giving them dirty looks.

When I was growing up, my parents never took us out for dinner. They hired a sitter when they went out. When we were old enough (probably 7 or so) to behave and not make a public nuisance of ourselves, then we were invited along.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that Anna. I work as a waitress & people always let their kids get away with annoying people, and like Souraya said, sometimes they even laugh. Do they really think it's funny
    My parents always took me & my brother when they went out (even to very nice restraurants). We learned at a very young age what manners are.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

This made me laugh! I work part-time in a restaurant as a bartender/ waitress and I always think about this....! But of course, I can't say it to anyone because they will think I am the devil if I dare compare my dog to their child!!
    But think about it....Duncan would sit quietly by my side or lie down next to me while I ate a nice dinner with family and friends. He would not bark or whine and he would wait until I took him outside to relieve himself. Unlike an infant, that would cry and "go" right there. ( Through no fault of the baby, I have to say!! It's just nature) BUT it is ironic isn't it!!!??!?!?!!

Confession Time, we have a daughter who did the same thing with her kids, thankfully they are older now and not so bad, but I refused to go out to dinner with them, would always make an excuse. We never let our kids run around, they sat and ate.

It was so embarrassing to go out with them, one kid would get under the table and wouldn't come out, then he would go over to a patrons booth and sit down with them. If it was a buffet they would help themselves which I don't like to see the kids fingering the food. One couple was celebrating their anniversary and the kid would go over to their table and stare at them. They also would just walk around and in the process just about trip the waitress. They would talk so loud the adults couldn't talk.
    No it didn't do any good to talk to our daughter, she was bringing them up to do whatever they wanted to do, I do believe she read that somewhere in a baby book before they were born and she is paying the price now.

Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

What a lousy thing to happen!! a little courtesy please?!?!
    Manners are still tought to human breeds are'nt they!!

Personally I think that it is really rude just letting your child just sit there and disrutp you tring to have a decent meal. If my baby was crying like that I would take her out side and wait for her to be quiet.
    I like having a dog at times like those because i can come home and she will just do somthing so funny that i will forget all about it.
    Leann
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Leann