Thread: cat fight out of control help

cat fight out of control help

hi
    my cat bacardi hes 14 years old ,we've lived here 2 years now and are very settled , bacardi likes going out to play hes friendly to other cats , hes been nuetured , he mainly goes out and hangs around with a ginger and black tom cat , i've not seen both these cats around sinse this new cat moved in a few months ago, this cat is a huge white unnuetured tom cat and i've never seen such an aggressive cat before .
    This cat sits on my window cill and anoys my dogs i have 2 sister mastiffs and a spaniel that hate strange cats ,the dogs go mad ive tried spraying the cat but this makes no diffrence at all , he keeps jumping through open windows after bacardi but runs out when he spots the dogs ,hes been in weeing over my upstairs and the smell is awful ,he attacks my bacardi to the extent where he now needs to see a vet , where do i stand if my dogs get this cat in my house and where do i stand with this cat making my cat and our lives a missery?
    the neighbours were told that my dogs have tried biting there cat and keeps uranating in my house . there still letting there cat do this ,i know as an owner id be keeping my cat indoors if mine were doing this to protect others surely this must be againgnst the law to let your cat out knowing hes visiously attacking other pets and doing this to my house?
    any advice would be great i love all animals and do not agree with cruelty at all but i have to have say i really hate this cat .
    thanks
    carol and bacardi

Welcome you both to Pet Talk & enjoy.. Well this so sad for your baby Bacardi.. I dont know about your laws in the UK.. However you need to think of Live Trapping this White Cat & then turn him over to the SPCA or Shelter there.. They would prob hold him to see if the owner would claim && or try to adopt him out to a diff location.. I would for sure check with these people of further advise.. Hope this helped..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

hi

thank you for your reply , yes it would be a good idea to call the rspca for further advice , i just cannot understand why the neighbours cat is so out of control ,ive had many cats over the years and none showed that much aggression but then i dont now how a cat thinks , i know they are animals with a mind of there own and like to roam ect i understand this but surely if there doing things like this cats doing it cant be right hmmmm .
    bacardi is doing realy well his bad neck is showing signs of healing , its dried up realy nice , im bathing it 3 times a day it did start to get infected but this has gone now , i think hes enjoying all the tlc hes getting

Well good & I am so glad your baby is getting better.. Oh I have had cats furrever too.. I have only seen two that was bad bad aggresive.. Those two had mental disorders..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I think if that tomcat was fixed he wouldn't be so aggressive. If you know where he lives, maybe the RSPCA would have some pamphlets on why toms should be neutered, and you could just put that in the people's letter box. The owners may even have him as an outside cat because he sprays inside the house...there are still people that don't know spraying is often cured by neutering!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

update

hi
    i havent seen next doors cat sinse he attacked my bacardi so im hoping there keeping him in now , bacardis doing great now his wound is nicely healed its only his fur to grow back now ,hes looking alot better and happier

carol