Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Update

Baby Update

Hi everyone,

I've been really busy lately and haven't been able to update pet talk in a long time. Can you believe I am now in my 35th week of pregnancy? Just a few more weeks left. I'm sure our little one is busy packing his bags and getting ready to come out into the world. I'm already done packing my hospital bag. We're getting more and more excited as the days go by.

His nursery is not complete yet, but we're getting there. We got a bassinett for him to sleep in our room for the first months, until we feel he's ready to move into his own room. Car seat is already set up in the car! We got him several warm and cozy winter outfits, and a couple of warm blankets. I'm concerned about caring for a newborn baby in the winter. You might think, "well, it is California...not too cold." Doesn't apply this winter....It is FREEZING...and by freezing, I mean literally dropping to below freezing every night/morning for the past few days, with ice all over the cars and rooftops. It was 27 degrees this morning. COLD.

Anyhow, just thought I'd update you all. I'm seeing my doctor every week now until delivery. Just a few short weeks left to go. I can't wait to hold our little baby in my arms. I get all emotional just thinking about it.

How very exciting! What do Popcorn and Muffin think of all the changes in the house, and in their mommy?

And don't worry, sweetheart, baby will be fine. We know you'll keep him warm and safe no matter what! After all, many of us were babies in places where 27 was considered warm this time of year, and we lived through it!

Oh, and is your dear husband prepared to post on Pet Talk or at least email or call me when the baby arrives, so we can let Pet Talk know? I can PM you my phone number if you want!
    I've Been Frosted

I am very excited for you!!! It just seems that there are so many people having babies on PT, and people I know. Do you know if its a boy or a girl yet? Any names picked out? It sounds like you are prepared for it to join you guys at your house!

How exciting!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Wow, congratulations!!!

Time flies. I remember when you were basically a "kid" here on PT, then I remember when you got married, and now you're having a baby! Have I really been here that long?

I know what you mean about California being freezing! It's getting down in the 30s here at night....I didn't think that ever happened!

I don't expect we'll see any pictures of baby since I don't think we've ever seen any pictures of you, but please remember to update us and let us know you're both healthy and everything went well!

Congratulations, again, I'm so excited for you!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Wow, only a few more weeks! Congratulations!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It made me so happy to read this update!

yay for a good update!! I'm so excited for you, PCB!

About winter, I remember how stressed out i was when Lydia was born....she was born mid-February, and the day we brought her home from the hospital, it was a balmy -2 degrees. But its AMAZING how resilient they are...we always pre-warmed the car, and got one of those infant car-seat covers (it looked like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/INFANT-CAR-SEAT-...item414b205f51 but our's was pink). The car seat cover was truly a life saver because it zipped over everything and kept the wind out of her face.

Just think! A few more weeks, and you will be holding that warm bundle of joy!!! Its such a miracle, isn't it????

I have had you on my mind, so I'm very happy to see this update!! I do hope someone can alert us once your little bundle of joy has arrived.
    God bless you! This is so exciting.
    Logan

What a lovely and happy update! We will be anxious to hear when the baby is born. Take good care of both of "you" until the day arrives.

Perhaps a New Year's baby? That would be so cool!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Thanks everyone. I forgot to add that my doctor said baby is already in the head down position. That was good news. Now let's hope he stays that way.

We're expecting a little boy, and do have a name picked out, although I will probably remain silent about that until he is born. We were told we'd have Internet access in the hospital room, so I could probably update after the birth. That being said, I do want the birth and recovery period to be a personal family time, so I'm not sure we'll be takin the laptop with us. Not sure I want that distraction there for my hubby.

My dear hubby took two weeks off work starting from the delivery date to be with me and the baby. Popcorn and Muffin are their normal selves. I'm not sure if they're noticing all the changes yet, but they definitely will when they hear the baby for the first time!

It is an amazing miracle. I am constantly amused by watching my belly move these days. He keeps kicking out his knee in one spot and then pulling it back in. It's hilarious.

I'm also happy that I have only gained 18 pounds so far. I'm pretty sure that should be easy to lose once the baby is born.

13. I am in awe of your organization!

Happy thoughts for you Popcorn...and your husband and especially you soon-to-be baby!

Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post
    Popcorn and Muffin are their normal selves. I'm not sure if they're noticing all the changes yet, but they definitely will when they hear the baby for the first time!

Maybe they are allowing YOU to do all the nesting this time? LOL...or, when you return from the hospital, you might find a big, huge nest in place of the bassinet.

LOLOLOL.

Congratulations - you're almost there, and it sounds like you're ready!

Keep us posted when you can! thanks!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!