Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Update

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Oh, wow, this is an exciting time for you. It is so nice that your husband will be home with you. I loved having David home with me for two weeks. And, I only gained about 19 or 20 pounds, too, and it came off really quickly once she was born. Will you be breastfeeding? That definitely helps your body return to normal. I had a bitty belly for a week or so after she arrived, but it was only about 8 pounds. Can't wait to hear your boy's name and to see photos. Thanks for the update, and have fun! I am still loving every moment of being a new mom, I hope it's as smooth and wonderful for you as it has been for me so far.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Wow, you're almost there! Enjoy your last weeks of pregnancy. It's a beautiful time. I can't wait to "meet" the little guy

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Maybe they are allowing YOU to do all the nesting this time? LOL...or, when you return from the hospital, you might find a big, huge nest in place of the bassinet.

LOLOLOL.
    Oh, I hope they don't get any ideas like that. Right now they're in their 'winter-mode'...quiet, calm down, enjoying food, and showing no interest in nesting. They usually go into 'nesting mode' after February, when they do. I'm hoping they will delay it this year for until I'm settled with the baby. Of course the little birdies have minds of their own though!

I do intend to breastfeed, and am hoping it will work out for us. I hope to nurse for at least the full first year of his life.

36th week now! I can't believe I'm in the last month now, and baby will soon be considered full-term! I'm getting both really excited, and really anxious at the same time. I guess I am a little scared of going through the pains of labor and delivery, but excited about meeting God's precious gift to us. How did labor go for those of you who have little ones?

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post
    I do intend to breastfeed, and am hoping it will work out for us. I hope to nurse for at least the full first year of his life.

36th week now! I can't believe I'm in the last month now, and baby will soon be considered full-term! I'm getting both really excited, and really anxious at the same time. I guess I am a little scared of going through the pains of labor and delivery, but excited about meeting God's precious gift to us. How did labor go for those of you who have little ones?

Get lots of help with breastfeeding if you need it. I had a tough time the first month or so, but stuck with it, and now it is a dream! Definitely worth it, so easy to just feed her when she's hungry without having to make a bottle...especially at times when I'm not expecting her to be hungry!

As for labor, the contractions I had were painful, and the epidural on my left side didn't "stick" so I felt a lot of pain even after the epidural was administered. My right side was great, no pain! But they had to keep increasing the dose to affect my left side, it was odd. I ended up having a C section, though, so I can't vouche for how actual labor is. I had hard continuous contractions for 12 hours, though, and when I did feel them, they hurt. It's all worth it, though! Just breathe, that helped me! And, don't be afraid to speak up if you feel strange about anything.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I'm so very excited for you and your husband!!!! I can't wait to 'meet' the new little one!

And about this winter.... YES California has been FREEZING! (Well, freezing for CA, that is)
    http://petoftheday.com/smiles/PetTalk_heart.gif
    Keep up updated!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)