Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Game system do ya'll like the best?

Which Game system do ya'll like the best?

My brother is gonna get one of those Nintendo DS game systems for Christmas. He's been wanting one for a while now. I tried talking him into asking for a Wii-I've been wanting one of those haha!! But he's got his mind set and doesn't want a Wii :[ Anyways I was just wondering if any of you have a Nintendo DS or a Wii and how do you like it?
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

*tech geek warning below*

I am a video game dork, so this might be a wee lengthy. I have a Nintendo DS, I got it in 2008. A year later they came out with DSi which I believe the only difference is that the DSi has cameras, MP3 capabilities, and the like. I love my DS, it's fun and portable. Graphics are fabulous and there's so many games to choose from. It's pretty inexpensive too. I paid about $179.00 for mine. I'd reccomend the DSi though, the firmware might be updated and you get more for your money.

I've had some experience with the Wii, I liked it, but not enough to get my own just yet. It's fun though, it's sorta like virtual reality. It's not portable though, lol. Xbox is better in my opinion because there's Xbox live and all that. I've heard the Wii breaks very easily too, but I don't know how true that is. My ex dropped his Wii off a giant TV and nothing happened to it.

I guess I'd say personally I'd choose the DS because I have experienced it. Both products are relatively good and fun in their own ways. There are flaws to both however and I am sure people have other opinions such as the wii is better. JMO, hope I helped you some.
    Last edited by Alysser; 12-08-2009 at 03:44 PM.

We have an XBox 360 and I still have and occasionally play my Nintendo 64. All I really play on the Xbox is Rock Band and DDR.

Niņo & Eliza

I am not into video games at all, never have been. That being said, I love my Wii. I like that it is more interactive. I have "My Fitness Trainer" that I use multiple times per week, as well as the Wii Fit, and Outdoor ADventure. Other then that, I play Guitar Hero, MarioKart and NasKart. That is about it.

Seeing how my favorite video game is a 10 year old PC game, the PC is my favorite system.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Oh I forgot, I love Minesweeper, but I play it online since I have a mac.

Niņo & Eliza

oh cool! Thanks ya'll for your opinions ;] My mom went and got him the DS the other day, so hopefully it will be cool...

Allyser, you said we should get the one w/ the camera and stuff, but she just got him the regular one--it was alot cheaper! haha!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I think wii is pretty cool. Although I don't have any gaming systems as of right now. My brother took the Playstation II to college, along with our Super Nintendo, as well.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I wouldn't suggest the Wii or the Nintendo DS. I do not have experience with them, however a friend who has the latest everything in the gaming world does.

The 360 and the PS3 are the gaming systems that have the biggest selection of games coming out. Can't go wrong with that. The Wii is dropping in price drastically though, so if money is a part of the equation, I'd say go for that one. Dunno how much the DS is, but it's older than the Wii, less games and less sophisticated.

I think I've got all the facts right, but I'm a PS2 gal at heart.

~Zeki

I don't understand tiny screens. Nano pets were bad enough, why would you want to play a whole game in pixels?

I do like the wii fit games that I play at my friend's house, but my favorite is still classic nintendo. I could play DragonSpirit for hours. Unfortunately all I own right now is a gamecube and Animal Crossing. Which is great because animal crossing lets you play 10 original nintendo games including Mario Bros and Wario's Woods.
    Last edited by IRescue452; 12-08-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    I think wii is pretty cool. Although I don't have any gaming systems as of right now. My brother took the Playstation II to college, along with our Super Nintendo, as well.
    AWW he took the ps2 and the SN? not fair! lol... my fav. is actually the super nintendos too-i LOVE mario and donkey kong!

Quote Originally Posted by Zekiirah View Post
    I wouldn't suggest the Wii or the Nintendo DS. I do not have experience with them, however a friend who has the latest everything in the gaming world does.

The 360 and the PS3 are the gaming systems that have the biggest selection of games coming out. Can't go wrong with that. The Wii is dropping in price drastically though, so if money is a part of the equation, I'd say go for that one. Dunno how much the DS is, but it's older than the Wii, less games and less sophisticated.

I think I've got all the facts right, but I'm a PS2 gal at heart.

~Zeki
    hmmm....yea he has a ps3. Actually I don't like it much-I don't think the games are as mich fun on it as on the ps1 and the ps2. I've only played the playstations tho I've never had any other game system-

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452 View Post
    I don't understand tiny screens. Nano pets were bad enough, why would you want to play a whole game in pixels?

I do like the wii fit games that I play at my friend's house, but my favorite is still classic nintendo. I could play DragonSpirit for hours. Unfortunately all I own right now is a gamecube and Animal Crossing. Which is great because animal crossing lets you play 10 original nintendo games including Mario Bros and Wario's Woods.
    Yea, that's kinda what I thought...the screens are so small and that's what I don't like it either. Animal Crossing..is that fun? I've always wanted to play it but never have.

Animal Crossing is fun, though its considered a "kiddie" game. I have the action replay cheats so I don't have to wait to build up my house and belongings, but cheating ruins the challenge of the game. I only try to use cheats in one of my towns so I can play the original nintendo games right away. It can take months to get them without cheating. I haven't even plugged my gamecube in since last winter though.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    hmmm....yea he has a ps3. Actually I don't like it much-I don't think the games are as mich fun on it as on the ps1 and the ps2. I've only played the playstations tho I've never had any other game system-
    Unfortunately, due to the competition between the PS3 and 360 producers, several games are not made for either, or only one of them. It's a pain.

I wish I had a PS3, but only for the few games that actually do catch my interest. The PS and PS2 had great games, definitely agree with you there.

~Zeki
    Last edited by Zekiirah; 12-10-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: HTML coding.