Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **Update On Buckley, We will loose him See last post

**Update On Buckley, We will loose him See last post

This is a two part post. One asking for prayers for my lab, Buckley. I have posted on Dog of the day, but usually I am here on the cat side. Short version of Buckley's story is that he was attacked by one of our other dogs and had horrific injuries especially to his chest. His chest became very necrotic and he has lost the vast majority of his chest. Our vet attempted Tuesday to reconnect some of his chest, but due to his injuries and his excessive skin not in the right location, she was limited in what she can do. She told me today that she can do no more and will refer him to a vetinary teaching school to see if there is anything that can be done, but is not very confident as the area than would need skin grafting is way to large. We already lost our other dog because of this and don't want to loose Buckley also. If you would please pray for him that if they can do something we can afford it (it has already stretched our finances as he has been in the vet for almost a month and the teaching hospital would be very high). The second part of the post is showing you Jasmine, my orange rescue from my colony. Look what this skinny runt grew into. Sorry it is not the best picture but I wanted show her along with Buckley. Last year I did up dates, and Buckley decided he was her appointed guardian and still is. Enjoy those pictures and thanks guys for being there. Momtomany of the Dunn gang. If you want to understand Buckley's situation better, it is under Dog general marked with Update on Buckley.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0382.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	44366   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0464.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	363.5 KB 
ID:	44367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	399.7 KB 
ID:	44368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0992.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	44369  
    Last edited by momtomany; 11-28-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

Wow, how old is Jasmine? She's a beauty! What a difference you made in her life! As I've said in the other thread, I am hoping beyond hope that Buckley makes it through this. If there is something that can be done to help him, I'd be willing to contribute to his bill. Please keep us posted.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Please be assured that many prayers are being prayed for Buckley. What a beautiful dog he is! Please give him some get well soon pets from me?

Jasmine is an absolute doll! She looks so healthy, happy, and content because of all your love and care. Sending her lots of scritchies and lovies
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thank you for your kind prayers for Buckley. Believe me, my husband and I are hoping for a Christmas miracle.

Jasmine is a little over a year hold. We call her "Sis Kitty" most of time. She has the most wonderful personailty. Because I bottle feed her initially, she loves getting on mine or daddy's chest and makea biscuits and pretends to nurse. She is love bug one minute and a she devil the next. She plays with balls and bread ties for hours on end. She loves to play and then will turn into an attack kitty. I wish I could have got a picture of her jumping from the dining room table to a mirror with a potted plant looking box, laying in it looking out just as happy as she could be. Of the thirteen in our house, she is the only orange kitty I have. She and the last rescue before her, TJ, also play endlessly in the house.

Again thank you and God's favor on all Pet Talkers.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

WOW! What a transformation from a sickly looking baby into a lovely young lady! It's amazing what being in the right hands can do fo them!

Prayers sent for youi injured baby. How horriable!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I have no $$ to give...but maybe consider going to the media about this brutal attack. Or your vet might. Even a short spot on a newscast might bring in some donations.

You and Buckley deserve this.

Do you still have Bono?

What a terrifying thing to happen, and a long and heartbreaking ordeal. Prayers!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I remember reading soon after the fight happened, but I didn't realize this was all still hanging over you .. and Buckley! OH NO!

Prayers for all of you. He can't feel well at all, wants to be home with his humans and his dear Jasmine.

Look at that, from the wee sickly kitty with the blue icky eyes to the lovely lady! You did a great job helping her, and it sounds like she returns all that love many times over.

After a heart to heart with Claire, our vet, the very difficult decision to put Buckley to sleep has been made. I posted more info in Dog general, but the bottom line is the present surgery isn't holding. What he would have to go through would be the same as a person with burns. Multiple harvesting and grafts over a several month period with no guarantee that it would work. His organs are compromised from the sepsis. He wasn't happy today, kinda had that bad smell again, and I felt like he was looking at me saying, "Mom, I've had enough." I don't know what time Tuesday, but that will be when we will help him pass to the Bridge. Please keep the prayers going. As always God's favor on all of you. Julie

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this news about Buckley. He will be in my prayers as will you. Because of you, Buckley knew what it means to be loved and cared for. A candle has been lit for Buckley.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I am so sorry for you and Buckley. There comes a time that you have to face that keeping them here may be cruel. I had to face it with Leonardo. It is such a hard thing to do but if they are suffering with no chance of recovery it has to be faced. Know that the love you have for him will go with him.
    Lots of prayers and love for you both.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hated to hear that. It is so hard to say Good Bye to a loyal and faithful friend..

However, if you think he is telling you he's had enough, then he probably is. My son is a burn patient and I just couldn't see putting a animal through what he has been through. Humans understand what they are doing to get them well, I am not sure a animals can. Skin grafts are not any fun, they are painful but the donor sight is the worst pain.. You are doing the right thing for your faithful friend. May God Bless you for doing everything you can to help His creature He entrusted to your care, even if it means sending him "Home" and back to Him.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Julie, I am all teary, I am so very sorry it has to end this way.

I am so very sorry to learn this.

God be with you, beloved Buckley. Your family loves you so very, very much.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We are so sorry to hear about Buckley.
    Labs are such Good Dogs, such Gentle Intelligennt Dogs who love everyone are are loved in return.
    Its no wonder that they are so often used as Guide Dogs for the blind and deaf.
    Buckleys an Awesome Army Angel now and is the Guest of Honor at SW Alexanders in Squaw Valley , and will try his paws at Skiing , and then enjoy his First All Night Awesome Angel Party in a Fancy Ski Lodge.
    He will be an Awesome Angel Aide and Mentor to the Young Awesome Angels who need a Mentor.
    And will have a place for You to reunite in Love,
    One Fine Day
    Last edited by catmandu; 12-01-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry. My prayers are continuing for Buckley and you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11