Thread: hello and question

hello and question

sayin hello to everyone, im new here. i have what i believe is a red color point apple head maybe siamese. anyways i have a question why is this kind of cat so hard to find just the red point alone is. and im sure thats what he is ? lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0930092240_0001.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	44356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loving it.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	44357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 13.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	44358  

Hello and welcome to Pet Talk. You have a nice looking kitty there. I am not an expert by any means on Siamese cats, but I think I have seen some others post about kitties with similar coloration to yours. I've often heard them referred to as flame point Siamese cats. There may be a thread in the Cat Breeds section here on the forums, or you could do an online search and see if is what your kitty looks like. Either way, I'm sure you'll get other more helpful responses. But I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Yes, a lot of people refer tp them as "flame point" instead of "red point," but he is handsome either way!
    I've Been Frosted

very handsome indeed! I have noticed that flame points aren't as common, but I honestly don't know why

i was on another site and someone tried to say hes nothing but a dom.st.cat. please all white big ears M on face kink tail. nothing about this cat can e shown as anything else but siamese. if someone can point out to me othwise please cuz im new and tryin to fig him out.

I have a friend that has one and she is BEAUTIFUL.. We call her a flame point although she came from a shelter. She is about 4 or 5 years old now. This is her..

Yetta (is her name)

The red on her back has spread and darkened a lot in the last few years. She has lovely blue eyes.

Your baby will be a beauty when fully grown.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by monkaz82 View Post
    sayin hello to everyone, im new here. i have what i believe is a red color point apple head maybe siamese. anyways i have a question why is this kind of cat so hard to find just the red point alone is. and im sure thats what he is ? lol
    Your kitty is beautiful. She looks Siamese to me because of the longer narrow face and ears. I call those flame points, but yes they aren't very common.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I don't think they have to be pure siamese to have the markings and there are other pointed cat breeds. I have seen litters of kittens on Craigslist that had tabbies, blacks, tortis and "siamese" all in the same litter, with the mom being an ordinary looking shorthair.

But the bottom line is if you tell others he's a Siamese they shouldn't have a reason to say he's not, unless they knew for sure one of his parents wasn't.

Ok now that I'm paying more attention, I noticed you said he had a kink tail. I've never personally seen one, but from what I can tell this is a strong Siamese trait. So if he's got one that's a pretty good indication of his breed. I don't recall ever seeing a kink tail myself and I was reading on the 'net that a lot of modern breeders were trying to breed that out of their cats, as well as the cross-eye that Siamese used to be known for.

Welcome to PT. He's a very handsome Flame Point Siamese Mix most likely. He's going to get more orange points on him as he matures and for the Flame Point it takes about 2 years. My RB Starr was one and he also had a kink in his tail and tabby markings on his head,tail, and legs. Here are a few pictures to show you how he matured.

Name:	Sue's Foster Kitten-Flamepoint Siamese2-3weeks old-cropped 200pixels.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	44361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starr-Sue's Foster Flamepoint 009-redeyefixed.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	44362   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starr&Pearl-8-29-05 036-Starr closeup-cropped.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	44363   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Cat Pics-5-28-07 154-Starrcropped&resized.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	44364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Cat Pics-5-26-08 082-cropped&resized.jpg 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	44365  

love it! such great color. yes kink tale cross eyes talker the whole thing sometimes the color on his back shows up(the red)but again hes only 9months.
    Last edited by monkaz82; 11-29-2009 at 12:46 PM.
    Meeya and Binks

I have had dofferent Siamese , and theres no doubt in my mind that your Handsome Cat is a Siamese.
    I had the same doubters about My Pouncer My First Cat who was the result od an accidental liason between a Siamese Show Cat and the Little Tortie next door,
    Welcome to Pet Talk , and how old is your Flame Point Siamese and whats his name??
    Please dont be a stranger we want to see more photos.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

he is Binks and fig about to be 8months. my boyfriend found him at work in july(about 4months ago said the doc)he was under the trucks at Kohls. very friendly to everyone (main reason i let him come to my home). iv had a dog, bird, rabbit, hamsters, fish. No cat. whole fam very allergic. Cept he comes this thing that no one seems to be bothered by. so now i am a cat lover, tho i still dislike the ones that hid under beds all day lol. Binks is my kid, lays on me at night, follows me everywhere, bathroom and all. even tried to feed from me, sorry i dont give off cat mike as much as he wished lol.

Name:	tub.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	44375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	siamese.jpg 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	44376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 20.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	44377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blanket (2).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	44378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awwww.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	44379  

Meeya and Binks

here is binks 4months ago at about 4months when we found him look how dirty his ears are as was the bottom of him.

Name:	4months so dirty  poor kitten.jpg 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	44388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first pic of binks.jpg 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	44389  
    Meeya and Binks