Thread: update: havent been here for a while!

update: havent been here for a while!

well lets see... I will just jump rught in lol:

Misty got spayed in April..turned out she had been developing Pyometria and was spayed just in time and was put on anti-bitics for 2 weeks. then in October she broke her canine tooth.reeally really badly, she was put on Anti-biotics for a week, her tooth was pulled the following week, the more antibotics for another week. then within 2 days of comming home she developed an inflammatory mammery tumor. ya so back to the vet for the millionth time, and that vet put the fear of god in us, I spent days crying at work, having no idea what to do, because she made it out to be a life or death thing, she was like we need to remove it($500) test it ($200) then go back in a remove anything we missed(another $500 at least) and we needed to do this right NOW! I was crying and fretting and researching, then decided to go see my usual vet and talk to her about it. my vet took the whole situation, examined her, and what not, then she disagree'd, while we may want to remove it later, after all the surgerys and stress she has been under lately, putting her body under MORE stress is not a good idea! she gave us advice on how to build her body back up and relieve the stress on her system. she said to keep a diary, tracking the exact size and shape of the tumor every week so that we can see truley how fast it is growing, and go from there. whew..ok so that my update on Misty!

Rusty has been having issues of his own..he was diagnosed with Dengerative Disc Disease, and he is not doing that well. Ripley has it too, but he had 2 bouts of a few bad days a few years ago and has been fine ever since, Rusty though, he gets so amped up that he keeps hurting himself more. doesnt matter that I keep him leashed and crated at all times, and that he gets only gentle leashed walks, he still gets so amped up that he manges to pull off stupid stunts and shortly after crawls up to me like "mommy it hurts" he was on Prednizone in October, then he had some REALLY bad days again this month so the vet gave him some more Prednizone until Jan. I am not sure how long he is going to last, he is only 6, but he looks and acts eons older like Happy and Perky(9 and 10) already.

Perky Ruptured the CCL in both her knee's several months ago, the vet put her on Metacam..which almost killed her. several drugs and lots of time and rest later, she is now walking fine, although her back legs to still look a bit funny when she walks!

Happy is dong wonderful, nobody would ever guess she was 9 years old, she's healthy as a horse, no more white hairs then she has at 8 months lol. and not only that but she has gotten so great with other dogs, that she is my fav. dog to take to work with me at the kennel..oddly enugh my formerly "dog aggressive" dog is now the only one that will actually play with all the strange dogs!

Electra..I have totally given up on showing, and given up on her former co-owner ever getting me her CKC papers. I am sick of dealing with that woman, and Electra will be spayed soon. I will also be having a blood panal run, as she has been acting strangly, including periodic random attacks on my other dogs, about a week ago she jumped out of sleep mode and tried to tear Perkys throat out, but has been acting totally normal ever since. soo we will have a panel run, see if there is any physical reason for it first.

Ladybug is doing great. her back legs are not getting any better and she is falling down more often, but it doesnt seem to bother her any, she just collapses with a grin and gets right back up and contunues on. she has so much energy its still hard to believe she couldnt hardly move only a year ago, she easily keeps up with my BCs. but the shedding! good grief! how do you people with more then one Collie type dog deal with it? I swear, I brush her for 3 hours and the hair is STILL flying out in clumps! and if I dont keep all the hair out of her she gets itchy really fast and wont stop rubbing on everything!

nothing to Report on Ripley lol, he is still the same old Ripley!

I have lots of news on my other critters, but I will save that for the other pets section!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Wow, what a long update. Good to hear from you, we'll keep Misty in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry to hear about all those problems!!! But you're an angel to those doggies for taking care of them all! Lol I'm glad a few are doing great, and I hope Misty beats this...
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Oh Shayna i am sorry to hear about the poor dogs and their problems . Sending lots of positive healing thougts everyones way {{Hugs}}.

It is good to hear from you though .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*