Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TELL ME ABOUT RARE BREEDS

shais_mom
    I think that dog is a Bull MAstiff but I 'm not sure. Its' head looks sort of different

Adore,
    Thanks very much for the info. I was also considering a Leo (to go with my GSDs), but from what you've told me, I think I would be comparing the Leo with my GSDs. I guess I'm spoiled by the GSD breed and nothing else will do! Thanks for your help! Nonetheless, Leos are beautiful!!!

------------------
    ***Save a life, ADOPT***

Here our two breeds,thier not that rare,but they still are rare. The Shiba Inu,this is one of the most attractive little wolf dogs.playful,independant,small. The Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever,which I (hopefully!)will soon be getting!personality of the Golden retriever,easy to train,and smaller!It's red,with usually a little white.It's an adorable,great hunting dog!

If you want RARE RARE the heres the Klee Kai.I was looking into these mini huskies and found out theres only 500 in the world!

We have had a Klee Kai, Star, as Dog of the Day, see http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/2000/April/30.html

and a couple "tollers" Ginger http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/1999/September/24.html and Marsh, http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/1999/August/10.html and when Plume http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/1998/February/26.html was Dog of the Day, people wrote in telling her owners she was probably one, too!

[This message has been edited by Karen (edited March 29, 2001).]

[QUOTE] The Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever,which I (hopefully!)will soon be getting!

Just saw your post and had to reply. I live in Nova Scotia and definately know about the Toller. In fact, a neighbour of mine owns two and they have just had puppies (8 of them). They are so sweet. Two of the puppies are black and white, 1 is chocolate brown, 2 are golden and the other 3 are a mixture of colours. The parents are pure-breds and the mom is golden colour and the dad is red!! Hope you do get a Toller and bring a bit of Nova Scotia to the states!

Ohh my gosh! your do close to my house!I live in Doylestown! Ohh my hearts beating ,Im almost crying!Ohh my gosh! when I get my Toller,I'll have to show my dog to you! please reply!:-)

[quote]Originally posted by Sadie's Mom:
    Hope you do get a Toller and bring a bit of Nova Scotia to the states!
    Tollers are going even further afield. Sadie's Mom. A tibetan spaniel breeder here in australia has just got her first lovely Toller puppies. She is now going to breed Tollers as well as tibbies. After a lot of research on Tollers, she decided they were a lovely breed. We're all looking forward to watching them grow up.

Hey TollsettFC! When you get a Toller, contact ME! I live in Glenside Pa, not too
    far from YOU!
    Dog Fancy Mag usually profiles these rare breed dogs every month. Most recently the Karilian Bear Dog and the Pharaoh Dog among others. Not rare, but I LOVE Newfies!!! Recently met a Great Pyr puppy..to die for!! I have my hands full with my good ole GR/Yellow Lab mix, Cody, who, in himself is a rare breed!!!! He's really somethin'!

Originally posted by Angels3:
    Tollers are going even further afield. Sadie's Mom. A tibetan spaniel breeder here in australia has just got her first lovely Toller puppies. She is now going to breed Tollers as well as tibbies. After a lot of research on Tollers, she decided they were a lovely breed. We're all looking forward to watching them grow up.
    Glad to hear that the Tollers are going 'down under'! It is really amazing how breeds from one area move all around the world.

Forgot to mention, the neighbor across the street just got a Finnish Spitz! Ya don't see that every day!