Thread: Worried about C.B.'s tumor

Athens, GA USA is where I currently live.

Worried about C.B.'s tumor

My two eldest cats who are brothers are 17. One of them, C.B., has a tumor in his face, between his eyes but nearest to his right eye which is very affected by it. It's very swollen, sometimes bleeds, and the tumor affects his sinuses, though the nosebleeds are not nearly as bad as they used to be. His vet seems to think nothing can really be done for him, but I've been referred to a clinic where he can be seen by an oncologist. It may be possible that radiation can at least shrink the tumor to make C.B. more comfortable. Has anyone had a cat with this experience? Would radiation affect my other 4 cats? Thanks for reading this and also for any response you might like to share. C.B. is such a sweet, loving, affectionate cat, I don't know how I could bear to lose him.
    There are no ordinary cats. - Colette

Sorry that I can't impart any knowledge that may help but please know that I will be saying a prayer and sending good and positive thoughts both for your dear C.B. and you.

Prayers and good wishes coming for dear C. B. You've got nothing to lose by trying the radiation and if it works, C.B. will be very thankful!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I don't have any experience with the situation you've described. I know that KittyKatherine posted a thread about her dear Sydney who had a tumor on her face. Her's was cancer and she went through several rounds of chemotherapy treatments with good success. I don't know anything about the radiation though. I hope you find something that helps your boy be more comfortable.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.