Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special PT Prayers, please! Nikata is home! See #51!

I have a financial update, but unfortunately not a doggie update. I haven't heard anything about her today . I don't want to call - we're really depending on the "point" couple to do that so Jimmy and MB don't have to tell the story multiple times....I'm just worried...

Financially, though, the news is FANTASTIC! The Vet Hospital was absolutely overwhelmed by the response for Nikata. They actually had to start telling people they had too much money and that their hearts were so warmed by everyone's calls and donations. We exceeded the estimated bill by quite a bit, but she was still there at midday () so we don't know how high the bill will be. There is actually a waiting list of people to donate if needed.

One bad note, I kind of had to vent; the email I sent to ask for donations was sent to a large group, some I did not know, as it was forwarded. One person responded that he didn't think our "affluence" should be spent on an animal, we had to get some perspective, the holiday season was approaching and there were actual people in need of these funds. I was furious!! Who was this jerk?? Who did he think he was?? Anyway - nuff said, just had to vent, sorry.

Anyway - prayers continue - waiting for a good update. Thanks y'all!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thanks for that update Maggie, but sure wish you had some news on Nikata too.

As for the jerk who responded to the request for donations - well...............
    I guess I could say some not too nice things about his response, but that wouldn't help Nikata any, would it? What a shame people like that can't shut their mouth and not say anything, instead of of being so damn sanctimonious!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    One bad note, I kind of had to vent; the email I sent to ask for donations was sent to a large group, some I did not know, as it was forwarded. One person responded that he didn't think our "affluence" should be spent on an animal, we had to get some perspective, the holiday season was approaching and there were actual people in need of these funds. I was furious!! Who was this jerk?? Who did he think he was?? Anyway - nuff said, just had to vent, sorry.
    Forget this person, you have enough to worry about right now. There will always be people who feel that way.

I am still praying for Nikata. I hope you hear some good news soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quick further update - I spoke to a friend who spoke to MB - Nikata is still at the hospital and will be there until Monday or Tuesday. She's showing slight signs of improvement (unspecified, but OK), but the important thing that makes me so happy, THEY'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT PUTTING HER DOWN ANYMORE!! BIG WHEW!

I also found out we made the staff at the vet hospital cry with our response.. Hey, what can I say, this group's been family for more than 25years!!

OK-gotta go, I feel much better, we're expecting dinner guests soon....Have a good evening y'all!!

OOH - Coop just got off the phone with Jimmy - Nikata can roll over!! Happy dance!!

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm late in reading this but will be sending up prayers just the same.

{{hugs for all}}

one more quick update before church - the vet is calling it TEMPORARY PARALYSIS! More happy dance!!

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That is wonderful news!!! Hopefully she will get to go home soon too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Keep those great updates coming!

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Sorry to be so late to respond, but, fresh prayers coming from us!!

I talked to MB just a bit ago. Nikata is doing really well. One leg is responding, the other not so much, but OK, we'll get there! The vet is no longer recommending Nikata going to a neurologist - doesn't feel it's necessary . She's got a catheter in which gave her a UTI (of course), but her poo control is good. MB thinks the urinary control will be fine when the UTI is done. She's looking into getting a cart for a temporary basis when Nikata first gets home. It is just so much more positive - she said the xrays show the damage between the 4th and 5th vertebrae; compressed disc.

Thank you all so much for the prayers and thoughts! You're all wonderful! I'll update when they pick up Nikata.

​GO RAVENS!!

Yay! So good to hear the happy news! Keep on improving Nikata!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

YAAY! Keep on going, Nikata!!!!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I don't even know if I responded to this thread yet, but I have been reading it. While I don't "pray" I have been thinking good thoughts. Pet Talk never fails with their out pouring of well wishes. And more often than not it works!!
    I look forward to hearing more great updates.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Update:
    Nikata is due to be picked up between 2 & 6 today - she's really going to be picked up this time. The left leg is stronger than the right; this hasn't changed. She's still on steroids to reduce inflammation; the catheter will be removed before they take her home, and they'll be instructed how to help her go. She can sit on her own, but not fully stand yet, but it's just a matter of time, we hope!

She has been in over a week. I don't know the total of the vet bill, but I know we (their friends) have paid over $1000 of it. There is still a balance of $370, which distresses me some, but we relieved a lot of the burden, and that's what I have to concentrate on financially. I'll stress to them we will continue to help financially, emotionally and physically as time goes on; we'll keep praying for the best outcome!

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers; I know it helped! You're all great, caring people!

Yay Nikata!!

​GO RAVENS!!

What great news!!! So glad she's coming home and on the mend. Keeping the good thoughts going.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21