Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Saga: New Moon

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I love the opening night crowd. My 17 year old was rolling her eyes at all the squeels when Jacob and Edward took their shirts off, I thought it was hysterical!
    That was one of my favorite things about the experience! I love the fact that, despite how jaded people can be, "little girls" still squeal over "little boys", I think it's wonderful! It made me giggle and I even squealed a couple times myself, simply because it was ok to do it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I probably sounded shallow and I am as far away as a person can get for being shallow.

Back in the day, it was Dark Shadows--dating myself terribly.

Maybe this older lady needs to go see the movie and find out what I'm missing!! Huh?
    I don't think you sounded shallow at all. Dark Shadows...I think Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are working on retelling that story on the big screen, if I'm not mistaken.

And, the movies are fun, so are the books. They are not life changing by any means, trivial and total fluff, but I LOVE them. Don't get me wrong...I love important books and movies as well, but I love a good fluff story almost as much, given my frame of mind at the time. If you feel like it, and are in the mood for it, give 'em a shot.

I really think my attraction to the Twilight series and even the new tv show, The Vampire Diaries, is the bad boy turned good thing. Even in "real life". My husband was the guy I wouldn't date in school, because he was a bad boy. But, he has a good heart and has outgrown a lot of that. BUT...I do like the thought that there is still a little of that rebel in him.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Kari, I believe you're right - but I really meant look-wise. I just do not understand the claims that he is "the most gorgeous thing to grace our eyes" as it said in magazines. He is not appealing to me in the least bit, that's just my opinion. I don't really like "Edward Cullen" either, I find him really really really creep and stalkerish lol. I've gotten into a few popular obsessions like Harry Potter and POTC, but it's just grown off me to like what everyone else likes because it kills it for me. I personally like weird things that alot of people my age don't like Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Wars, and old sci-fi, old cartoons (looney tunes), and newer cartoons like spongebob lol. I am just a kid at heart and I always will be.
    It's all good! I do think he's good looking, though, too. Like I said earlier, he is too thin, but I love his bone structure (that sharp jaw line is nice)...I like his hair and his eyes, too. Edward is a great character, and I love his loyalty and devotion to Bella, even his need to protect her, almost to a fault. However, with that being said, I could not date someone like that. Most of the characters in movies or books are nothing like the kind of man I actually love in "real life."

I'm sure I followed the crowd when I was younger, but I don't care what's in or out anymore. I think it's normal, especially for younger people, to want to fit in, and sometimes that includes jumping on bandwagons like the Twilight saga. Nothing wrong with it, in the long run. If I like something that's "in", it's not because it's "in". But, along the same line, I'm not going to dislike something just because it's the "it" thing. I think that's just as goofy.

just Saw it and I think I drooled a little.. hehe..

woo hoo shirt off.. lol

awesome werewolfs..

I too am not that fon of Edward.. although some shot made him look really nice.. but just some.. so hot.. and I totally fell for the character... I was saying in my mind yes yes (at the end).. haha..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Am I the only one who thought that the scene in the elevator in Italy was one of the funniest things EVER??
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim View Post
    Am I the only one who thought that the scene in the elevator in Italy was one of the funniest things EVER??
    I honestly can't remember what happened, do you mind describing it (if you think it's spoiler material, send me a pm!)? I am curious now and can't seem to picture the scene!

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I honestly can't remember what happened, do you mind describing it (if you think it's spoiler material, send me a pm!)? I am curious now and can't seem to picture the scene!
    ok.. now I´m too.. please pass on the info.. hehe
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Haven't seen it yet, but I want to. My friend asked me to go w/ him to see it lastnight-and when we got there they were sold out!! They were sold out of the tickets for 8 & 9. They had some for 10, but instead we just went to see The Blind Side at 9. It was a really good movie. But nope, haven't seen New Moon yet...but I def want to!!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Walk through the dark creepy halls of Volterra with the dark creepy vampires in dark creepy robes.... Then climb on the elevator that is surprisingly well lit and squeeze in lots of creepy looking vampires. THEN watch the elevator move and listen to the cheesy elevator music. Apparently even vampires can't escape the horrible muzak that plagues elevators everywhere....

Maybe I'm just crazy but I thought it was hilarious.

talking about that scene. Don't worry, no spoilers unless you feel spoiled by knowing that at one point they are all together on an elevator
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnhh-lSGmDk
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I remember the elevator music, now. Everyone laughed, it was funny. I didn't think it was roll on the floor funny, but I did snicker.

Caught it twice on Friday. It was okay and many scenes I liked, but I think I enjoyed Twilight better.

Loved the werewolves and Alice.

If I had to pick a side, I was more of a Team Edward while reading the books, but the movie version, I'd have to say Team Jacob. Kristen appeared to have much better on screen chemistry with Taylor than Rob. Not sure if that had to do with them or the directing. It's just quite obvious that the number of times she smiles around Jacob far outnumbered those with Rob.

And if Kristen continues to concentrate on Rob's nose/chin area with such intesity that she looks like she's going to pop a blood vessel, I just may have to rip my hair out.

During the second viewing there were definitely groups of 'Team Edward' in the audience. During the scenes where Jacob and Bella nearly kissed, you'd hear squeals of "No! No! NO!!". The rest of the audience would snicker.

Regardless, it was cheesy fun. And yes, that elevator scene was genius.

Looking forward to Eclipse.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

It was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. It's not great, it's not awful, which is pretty much what I thought of the first one. I won't go on opening night again - the screeching and giggling all through the movie was highly irritating - but I'm glad I had the experience this one time!!

I saw it again last Wednesday; it was better the 2nd time. I thought I would like it better the 2nd time because the same thing happened with Twilight as well. Edward was better the 2nd viewing somehow lol

I am hopefully seeing it again Friday night .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    Caught it twice on Friday. It was okay and many scenes I liked, but I think I enjoyed Twilight better.

Loved the werewolves and Alice.

If I had to pick a side, I was more of a Team Edward while reading the books, but the movie version, I'd have to say Team Jacob. Kristen appeared to have much better on screen chemistry with Taylor than Rob. Not sure if that had to do with them or the directing. It's just quite obvious that the number of times she smiles around Jacob far outnumbered those with Rob.

And if Kristen continues to concentrate on Rob's nose/chin area with such intesity that she looks like she's going to pop a blood vessel, I just may have to rip my hair out.

During the second viewing there were definitely groups of 'Team Edward' in the audience. During the scenes where Jacob and Bella nearly kissed, you'd hear squeals of "No! No! NO!!". The rest of the audience would snicker.

Regardless, it was cheesy fun. And yes, that elevator scene was genius.

Looking forward to Eclipse.
    What did you think of Alices clothing Kimmy? i was not at all impressed lol. I loved the Were's as well . And Jasper was so much better this time round woohoo.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*