Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question of the day - November 14th!

My allergies have grown and gotten worse the older I've gotten. It stinks. I am allergic to all things green outdoors but that doesn't stop me. I can live with the hives. I am allergic to apples, oranges, tomatoes, strawberries, pretty much anything that's acidic. I try to have them in very small amounts, if at all. I've also just learned I am VERY allergic to smoke, spending 5 days with my parents who both smoke like chimneys just about put me over the edge.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

My only known allergy is codine. I was out walking the dogs today and
    someone was burning leaves.(A no no in the city) I love the smell of burning
    leaves, but now I'm so stuffed up , it's hard to breath through my nose.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Horses, cats, nuts, penicillin.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Okay, with food allergies, do yourself a favor and do NOT eat things that cause you to have an itchy throat and ears, etc. In time, it can lead to a life-threatening anaphylactic reaction. That's the kind of reaction I know have to almonds and pistachios - and that is why you will never see me without an EPI pen. KBlaix, tell your husband to just inform everyone that he has a "tree nuts" allergy. He might be able to have peanuts, but no nuts that grow on trees, sadly.

Some of my other food allergies lead to either diarrhea or a 12-16 hour vomiting spree. Those are awful, painful, annoying, exhausting and uncomfortable, but my "tree nuts" allergies could literally kill me.

I miss things like orange juice or a nice ripe strawberry, or a nice piece of fish for dinner, but am grateful for what I can still eat. And it is a small price to pay to stay well.
    I've Been Frosted

Sulfa and Keflex( which I just found out by a very itchy, head to toe rash). cilantro (sorry Richard), peppers, cucumbers (upset tummy).

I've been Boooo'd!

i am allergic to any vaccine that is egg based, That pretty much leaves out everything, I went through 6 years in the Navy without a single shot. It also leaves out shots like for the flu.

i'm allergic to novocain which is an old anesthetic used for dental work, Before they developed the present modern anesthetia I had to have all dental work done without any deadening.

Latex

Big time allergic to cats (sorry PT cat people!) I sneeze and sneeze and blow up like a balloon.

Dust is bad for me oo. Penicillin gives me a rash.

I'm also allergic to my day job. . .

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Metal touching my skin for a long perid of time and some meds.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I'm allergic to penicillin and I get hives from insect bites. I break out from latex - I'm not sure if it's an actual allergy or just a sensitivity from years of using latex gloves during direct patient care (I'm a nurse).
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Okay, with food allergies, do yourself a favor and do NOT eat things that cause you to have an itchy throat and ears, etc. In time, it can lead to a life-threatening anaphylactic reaction. That's the kind of reaction I know have to almonds and pistachios - and that is why you will never see me without an EPI pen. KBlaix, tell your husband to just inform everyone that he has a "tree nuts" allergy. He might be able to have peanuts, but no nuts that grow on trees, sadly.
    When we was little he was diagnosed with a peanut allergy. He eventually out grew that allergy. (He had a reaction on an allergy test. On another test, years later, he had no reaction.) He does try to avoid all nuts, but sometime accidentally comes in contact with one.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla