Thread: What it's like when cats like their medicine *video*

What it's like when cats like their medicine *video*

I was in another thread talking about cats taking their medicine. I didn't want to hijack the thread so I made this one instead.

Sassy had a UTI back in September and had to take antibiotics for it. She LOVES Amoxidrops, so getting her to take her meds is a breeze. I wish all the cats were so easy

If I did it right, here's a video of her taking her Amoxi during feeding time.

Sorry the cats look kinda raggity right now. They all need a bath but the last couple times I've given baths I've had horrible athsma attacks, so I've been putting it off.
    Last edited by Catlady711; 11-11-2009 at 11:52 PM.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

They don't look ragity to me! They look like purfect papered pets!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    They don't look ragity to me! They look like purfect papered pets!!!!

Aww, thank you.

They look raggity to me. When the long haired cats have that 'separated fur' effect (noticable on Josh's neck) they are due for a bath.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Wow! It's not too often you see cats nomming down their meds, unless they're compounded with tuna flavor or something!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Wow, she was lappin it right up. I don't have any problem getting mine to take their meds either but it was trial and error figuring out how to do it. They all but beg for it every night... I get theirs in them by using can food as a treat and I put it in their "treat". Giz is so use to the taste of her heart meds that sometimes she won't eat her "treat" if it isn't in it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That is adorable! I cannot believe she actually likes the meds. I have given that to several of my cats and it is always a struggle. One smell and they are off and hiding.

I just noticed...are they all eating out of the same bowl? That is cool. Mine would kill each other. I think you definitely have a special touch with your kitties.

You are so so lucky. With us it is always a problem. I usually ware as much as they get.
    GILL & Crew;

Well My Senior Kittyzens are all on Meds now.
    I could only pray that they will tolerate thier Meds, let alone actually love them as much as thier Whiskas Temptations.
    If I may ask what Meds are those, that theyu really like them???
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That is amazing!! I've always had to fight to get meds in my cats. Then again, I've never tried to just let them lick it like that. I've always been forceful thinking they wouldn't like it. I guess next time I'll try this approach first.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Mine have never liked any kind of liquid medicine. Both Storm and Sky love pill pockets so if they have pills to take I put them in these and they think that they're getting a treat. I think that you have gorgeous cats.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I just noticed...are they all eating out of the same bowl? That is cool. Mine would kill each other.
    Actually it's a cake pan. I couldn't find a flat bottomed pet bowl big enough for all their heads. So I went to a cake pan which works great. I just replace it if I see any teflon flaking. Only the 3 'foster failiures' eat together like this. The rest have separate bowls of their own. Although Pooky sometimes will eat with these 3.

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    If I may ask what Meds are those, that theyu really like them???
    That is Amoxidrops that Sassy is lapping up. And no, it's not flavored with anything. She's the only one I don't have to fight to get antibiotics down. The rest I do better with pilling them, but it's not a walk in the park like Sassy is. lol