Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Totally stupid pointless thread

A Totally stupid pointless thread

I guess this thread is just for all the random thoughts we have during the day that sometimes you are just dying to say. I know I can't be the only one with random thoughts.

My current thought....

Ever been driving down the road and pass a single shoe in the middle of the road? WHERE did that shoe come from? how did someone not notice they lost a shoe? I mean a hat I could understand. it could have blown out the window. but a shoe? and it's actually a very common sight. How does this happen so often?

I know... totally stupid. why do I care where a shoe came from. but it's just so ODD.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Actually I passed one of those on the offramp from 83 this morning! One work shoe.

My current thought is I really spent way too much time on here today instead of concentrating on work....oh well!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

LMAO!! I have had this same thought. Sometimes I'll see a shoe then a little further down the road is the mate. Where DO they come from?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Actually I passed one of those on the offramp from 83 this morning! One work shoe.

My current thought is I really spent way too much time on here today instead of concentrating on work....oh well!
    HAHAHA yes I also passed a shoe today. looked like a brand new loafer.

you can make up the work tomorrow

I always tease whomever i´m walking with.."hey..you dropped a shoe there..."

haha..

I think that´s why socks go missing too.. lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Do you think the socks and shoes are tryign to run away together? or run from each other? Maybe they belonged to someone with bad foot odor and the shoe jumped out?

I don't know. I have lost shoes before too. how does it happen? I have one ugg boot where did the other one go (I suspect Teddy had something to do with it's disappearance)? but I don't think it's laying in the road

but that is another one. WHERE do the socks go? I've bought hannah three 12 packs of socks... and I can't find them after one wash. I can barely fill one pack with the pairs she has left. where did they go?

I heard somewhere something about them getting in behind the washer bucket (don't know what that is actually called). don't know how true that is but maybe if my washer ever dies I will crack it open and check

hahahaha.. that could be it...

I too have lost countless socks... can even fill one bag.. just like you.. wonder were they went.. must be a sock party somewhere...lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

same here. we have piles of single socks lol. I can bare to throw them out just in case I ever find their partner one day.

It's one of those things we will never have the answer to I guess.

I mean you never lose a pair of pants or a shirt in the wash do you?

Yeah where the heck are those socks????? Sometimes if I buy a colorful pair I really like I buy two pairs just in case half runs away
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Ever see sneakers hanging from a telephone wire? I see them all the time and wonder how they get up there. Rumor has it that it's a sign that it's a drug area.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Ever see sneakers hanging from a telephone wire? I see them all the time and wonder how they get up there. Rumor has it that it's a sign that it's a drug area.
    Yes I have. I always just assumed it was some cruel joke. Like kids used to do. steal your shoes tie the laces together and throw them over a telephone wire. and while I have never actually witnessed kids DOING this I have heard it's one of the mean things they like to do.

but I have also heard about the area marking thing. it's like claiming their territory or something.

very weird either way. like how did that come to be? "HEY this is my turf so I'm gonna throw a pair of my shoes up there and then everyone will know"

odd

AND

why does everything look better in the dressing room mirror than in your own mirror when you get home and try on the same outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    Ever been driving down the road and pass a single shoe in the middle of the road? WHERE did that shoe come from? how did someone not notice they lost a shoe? I mean a hat I could understand. it could have blown out the window. but a shoe? and it's actually a very common sight. How does this happen so often?
    I figure as long as there is not a leg attached to the shoe, it's okay

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Around here it's a sign the seniors are getting ready to graduate. Happens pretty much every May . . . . first they throw the caps, then the shoes

AND

why does everything look better in the dressing room mirror than in your own mirror when you get home and try on the same outfit?
    I think the mirrors in dressing rooms are magic!!

A solution for the missing Hannah socks. Get a net bag like this to wash her socks in. Scroll down a little on the site to see what I'm referring to. I have one I wash my bras in. Not that the washer eats my bras, LOL.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

AND

Thats what I want to know too!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!