Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA--baby's face burned into devil mask needs home

GA--baby's face burned into devil mask needs home

So much for naysayers claiming that cats aren't in danger during Halloween season. I'm glad that her medical expenses have been covered by donations and I know that she'll go to just the right home. I suppose it's hopeless to wish that the perpetrators of this crime will be found and punished.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I really hesitated to click on that link. OMGOsh, that poor, poor baby!

I am glad that the update says she is recovering and playful now.

Good news on the financial front

The last line in the 1st paragraph choked me up a bit:

Now that she is feeling better, Sweetie has turned out to be a feisty and lively little girl! She loves playing with the staff of Alpharetta Animal Hospital and her foster mom, who visits her every day, and her favorite activity is to wrestle with a little toy mouse sent to her by a kind benefactor. She loves attention and we find it especially touching when she butts her little injured head against people's hands for some TLC.

SWEETIE'S MEDICAL EXPENSES UPDATE

Thanks to the generosity of concerned people in Georgia and elsewhere, we now believe we have enough donated funds to take care of Sweetie's immediate and long-term vet bills. THANK YOU to all contributors! We welcome additional donations, which will be dedicated to "Sweetie's Fund" and used to help with medical expenses of other animals who are victims of abuse or neglect, or have other extraordinary special needs.

REWARD FUND UPDATE

We now have enough donations to be able to offer a reward leading to the arrest and conviction of the people (we believe there were at least two) who hurt Sweetie! That reward will be officially announced next week.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    The last line in the 1st paragraph choked me up a bit:
    I know, it's amazing, isn't it? You'd think she would never trust a human again, sweet girl. How could anyone resist giving her plenty of lovin' when she head butts for it? Talk about tugging at the heartstrings.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I don't have the guts to click into the picture. I've seen too many abused animals and it really gets to me.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

They are only looking for an adopter in the Atlanta Georgia area, just so folks know. And I bet once she grows up more, and her long hair fills in, the marks won't be nearly as visible.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so glad this baby pulled thru and has a bright future ahead with little lasting issues. I hope when they find the people responsible for this they burn their faces, too!!!!

I doubt that the perpetrator's of this crime will get more than a slap on the wrist. They never do. I hope Sweetie finds the best furrever home that ever was!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

OH my I shouldn't of clicked the link. Poor girl. I'm glad that she is playing well now and is getting better.

My prays are going out to her.

Melissa

UPDATE! She found her furrever home!

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/pspp.html

Sweetie Pie, the 8-week old kitten who was deliberately burned with an acid-like substance on Halloween, has been adopted! Two volunteers, including Allison Wenum (responsible for bringing Sweetie into our rescue/adoption program), recently picked up Sweetie from Alpharetta Animal Hospital where she had received loving and expert care for several weeks, then drove to TK Thornton and Kirsten Hagman's home in Woostock, Georgia.
    TK and Kirsten were among the many kind people who offered to adopt Sweetie after learning of her plight, and we decided that they and their three cats would offer a perfect home for this special kitty. Sweetie apparently thought so too, because within a minute or two of arriving at her new home, she began exploring, playing with new toys, and meeting her new human and kitty family members. She barely looked up when we left...she was simply having too much fun!

Sweetie Pie playing at her new home:

Her new mom and dad on the right:
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Her little face is SO cute!!! Even if her fur never grows back, that is a adoreable little face she has and like Boo's crooked ear, that is all the more character she has and all the more reason to love her even harder! It would not bother me a bit to have a cat like her..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

the ironic (and sad) thing is that all of this actually helped her find a home. If she was an ordinary healthy black fluffy kitten sitting at a shelter, most people wouldn't give her a second look. But now that she's been on Tv and is "famous", everybody wants to adopt the "devil cat".

Thanks so much, Catty!

Tail, that's usually so true, isn't it??

Well, whatever the reason, she'll have a good home w/lots of love and good vet care. It's tragic that she had to go through that to get it, though.
    Blessings,
    Mary