Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a huge favor from all of you.

I need a huge favor from all of you.

I don't usually ask for things but.....

And it does not involve CHOCOLATE!

Please go for all your annual tests, prostate, mammograms, blood and x-rays.

Don't hesitate! Don't put them off and don't think any ailment 'will go away' on it's own.

The next thing is to If you have an idea as to what you want to do with your possessions after you depart the planet-get your things in order.

It's sounds morbid but it's probably the best for everyone that you know and love.

-----------

Medicine is WAY more advanced now that it ever has been -some discomfort now is better than any pain and complications you or your loved ones may encounter later on.

Do it for yourselves and your loved ones.

Thanks.

Well that was so Sweet of you to think of us & to ask of this medical favor.. I sure will.. Many Thanks for the reminder..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

That's good advice, Richard. Unfortunately, I haven't done what I should, yet. Will try to sort things out soon, though.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Randi.

Do not let anyone talk you into a prostate check!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Richard - what prompted this? Are you trying to tell us something, or am I reading between the lines? You just didn't think of this out of the blue - did you?

And at my age - how I hate being reminded - since it makes me take note of my own mortality!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Way to go Richard, an excellent post and request. I do hope all is well with you and that nothing serious prompted this.

When I turned 40 (3 years ago) I went for my first mammogram which was supposed to just be a baseline for future reference. No so, they found a lump. It was as close to being breast cancer as you can get without actually having cancer. If I had waited till 50 for my first mammogram I would have had full blown cancer by then. The lump was removed and no further treatment was required. But I faithfully go every year for my mammogram. Yes, they pinch a bit, but I figure a wee pinch once a year is better than the potential outcome I could have had.

Get em done!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Richard posted some sad news in the prayer thread.

Your right and I need to do all that stuff and I don't! Thanks for the reminder I will get off my behind.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Had my annual squish-o-gram yesterday, so I need not even think about that for another year. Thanks for the reminder, Richard. Flu shots, too if your doctor recommends one! It only hurts for less than a second!

Richard - I'm so sorry. I hadn't read the prayer thread and did not know that your mother had passed on.
    She's at peace now, and I hope you can find peace in knowing this. You have my most sincere sympathy.
    God bless you both.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Richard - what prompted this? Are you trying to tell us something, or am I reading between the lines? You just didn't think of this out of the blue - did you?

And at my age - how I hate being reminded - since it makes me take note of my own mortality!
    Richard's mother died today. She had been suffering from cancer.

Paul and I have lost two women we knew this year to breast cancer. I think of them, and the cancer-vivors I know, when I am driving to my yearly squish-o-gram.

Amen, RICHARD.

Back in Dec 2006 I went for my annual checkup. Somehow, I missed a year - I am normally really good about these things - but anyway, I was sent for an ultrasound.

In March of 2007 had a stent put in one ureter as my left kidney was almost completely cut off. On May 22, I had a hysterectomy.

I HAD NO SYMPTOMS!!!! What I had was a 1 3/4 lb benign (thank God) fibroid tumour.

Again - I HAD NO SYMPTOMS! If you feel good, this is the PERFECT time to get things checked, before something has a chance to really settle in.

Please get your checkups. I and all PTRS and many people love you. Please check up on yourself.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Great advice, RICHARD! Right now I'm being treated for a variety of ailments, atrial fibrillation, diabetes,beginning Parkinson's all of which is being controlled by medications. My medical history reads like War and Peace! So therefore I echo RICHARD's advice.

I know where this is coming from.

My doctors and I are right on top of my medical "condition". I do have regular mammograms, regular dental appointments, regular bloodwork done and now that I'm "mature" ......the doctor checks for colon cancer.

Men, don't be afraid to practice TSE, testicular self examination. You can contact your doctor or any ACS to find out about it.

As Nike says "Just do it!"

As for my Estate, well that's all taken care of, isn't it Karen??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Please go for all your annual tests, prostate, mammograms, blood and x-rays.
    What a timely thread since I had my mammogram this morning.....OUCH! Better to suffer a couple of seconds than to be walking around in ignorance. Richard I commend you for posting this because men usually don't take very good care of themselves. My hubby avoids the doctor at all costs and I can't even tell you the last time he had a physical or blood work. I have quit nagging. It only makes him mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    My hubby avoids the doctor at all costs and I can't even tell you the last time he had a physical or blood work. I have quit nagging. It only makes him mad.
    Pam - please be the biggest nag that you can - so what if he gets mad - he'll get over it and maybe even thank you one day.

My brother suffered a massive stroke at the age of 59 and never worked or walked or lived any kind of normal life after that. He passed away from complications (pneumonia) at the age of 64! He looked like the picture of health - however he had high blood pressure, but refused to take any medication that the doctor prescribed. He said he was "just fine" without it!

How I miss him!!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013