Hello, Everyone! Not sure if anyone ehre will remember me but I used to post fairly often when I first found this site about 2 years ago and then life got busy and my time on the Internet became very little.

I have 2 cats, Molly is 6 and Ozzie is now 2. We just adopted a Golden Retriever from the Humane Association 5 weeks ago. He's a fabulous, mellow dog who really likes cats and is very gentle with them. Problem is, Molly & Ozzie still won't come around him long enough to discover that he won't eat them! We are still having to take turns separating them all to have time out and about around the house. The dog gets put in my son's room during the day for an hour or so in the morning and again in the afternoon and then he sleeps in there at night. During this time, the cats will come out from under my bed. Otherwise, if the dog is out and about, they won't show their faces at all!

What can I do? I've had a few people say to just put them all in a room together for a day and let them figure it out for themselves but I don't want to terrify my poor cats! WDYT?