Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Ashes...What do you think?

Ohhhh....ok....thanks for explaining it
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

I personally have never cremated my pets before. We have always buried them. But I think its completely up to you to do what you feel is best for you and your pets, and what you are most comfortable with.

Finally picked up Casey's ashes today. Have been trying for a week to go there and everytime I started tearing up. It has been two months. I was okay today. Been thinking of her a lot lately.

As it turns out they put her ashes in a beautiful rectangular wooden box. I am going to place her wooden box on my entertainment center in my family room along with Kit Kat's and Herbert's urns.

I was lucky that my niece was visiting when Taz was ready to come home. She picked him up for me. He is also in a little wooden box. And the box has a nice scrolly etching on the top and a small plaque on the front with his name and The "D" Family under it.

It does get easier, but there are always things that bring back a flood of memories and that flood usually releases out the eyes.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We have Anika's ashes siting on a shelf with a picture frame my husband bought me for x-mas to put her picture in.

I think we will probably do that for the rest of our pets but I'm not certain. A box came with Anika's ashes and it was very pretty. The reason we chose to get her done was because we rent and have no place to bury her. We could of buried her at my mom's place but I wanted to have Anika with us.

happylab... you can use pet cremation urns for your vet.... there are huge range of it...and available in different range... actually before a year.. i lost my parrot...he was so much talkative... i always enjoyed to talk to with him..... no pet can take place of him... so for his memory i make a memorial stone urn... and now i have another one...but he is learning... but not gud as previous one...

yup...i think you can choose three different boxes ...which are smaller in size...keep with photograph.. cremation is the best idea to keep ashes...

yeah...it's wrong...i do not agree with it...because you will unable to differentiate your own pets....that is you can plant three trees...of different nature type...it will be easier.....
    One of the best ways to cherish the memory of a lost love one today is via the purchase of Urns.

Keaton appears to just be a spammer. Notice the crafty sig and mostly nonsensical post.

I have my old dog in a nice box urn with her photo on it and carvings in the wood. We were renting so couldn't bury her and would have hated leaving her behind once moving.

I donated Stewie's remains to the vet school because I couldn't bear dealing with it and hoped it would help others.

Kamena(an ill-fated male that died from shipping stress) I first buried in the woods. It felt like the funeral Stewie never had. A few months later I dug up his mummified corpse and decomposed him in a back yard cage then cleaned the bones. I hope to get them mounted eventually(articulated) but till then they are in a lovely heart fabric box.

Kat died last year and was buried under the picnic table as it was one of her favorite places.

How the remains are dealt with is really for the living so anything goes long as it makes you feel better.