Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fister is on the edge again

Fister is on the edge again

As many of you know, Fister tends to get bladder problems frequently. The last few days, he's been licking his behind quite a lot and today, he's had difficulties peeing - and dripping next to the box. Some of us knows what that means! I'm not panicking yet, but I got some "Romefen" tablets for him at the vets (antibiotic and painkilling) and have given him 5 mg yesterday and 5 today. Will speak to the vet tomorrow about whether to continue or bring him over for an Xray.

One thing I've been thinking about is whether it would be a good idea to boil the water he drinks, as our tapwater seem to contain a lot of calcium - I have to put his glass in vinegar once a week to get it off.

Niina, was it Romefen you gave Casper recently? I'm afraid to give him another half now before bedtime, as the dosis should be 1 mg pr. kg a day.

Well, please keep your fingers and paws crossed for him!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh my

Randi, I surely hope Fister gets better soon and doesn't have to have that nasty operation!

Have you ever considered the RAW meat diet? You may want to look around on the internet. From what I have read, kidney and bladder problems often clear up when you switch them from dry/canned food to RAW MEAT. I would certainly look into it.

Keep us posted on dear Fister boy. We all love him SO!

((((((((((((((((((((FISTER)))))))))))))))))))))))) )))

GET WELL SOON!

Here is an interesting article. There are many.

http://www.belfield.com/article4.html
    Last edited by sasvermont; 10-07-2002 at 03:52 PM.

Oh, oh, oh!!! Fister I will be thinking positive plumbing thoughts for you! Please, please... get going guy!

Does he need liquids? Did you see my post about clam juice?

GET WELL FISTER....

Poor Fister!

Does he take any meds everyday that help acidify his urine? I know that my friend who has these problems with her Shi Tsu is doing this and has been well for a while now. Maybe you ask your vet about that? I think Boots is as well?

I would definitely boil his water or even give him bottled "Drinking Water" (has most minerals taken out of it). Is bottled water very expensive there?

Please send him my love, I’ll keep him in my prayers.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest

Re: Fister is on the edge again

Originally posted by Randi

Niina was it Romefen you gave Casper recently? I'm afraid to give him another half now before bedtime, as the dosis should be 1 mg pr. kg a day.
    Sorry to hear about Fister's problems... Keeping fingers and paws crossed here for him.
    No, we didn't give Romefen for Casper, we gave Clamoxyl (it's antibiotics).

Keep us posted on how Fister gets along!

Thanks all!

Sas! I'll do anything to avoid that nasty operation! I have not heard about the raw meat solution. That would be HEAVEN for him! It's actually the only time he just can't keep himself on the floor in the kitchen! Have to keep an eye on him until the meat is on the pan!

He's been getting Hills S/D for about 6 months now and I've just bought the C/D (vets recommendation), but he's only had it once so far.

Sara! I saw your thread and was thinking if that would be good for him - I'm sure he's love it! will have to check the contents of Magnesiun, Calcium and Phosfor.

Oh, if he could have all the above, he'd think it was X-mas everyday!!

NoahsMommy! I thought of another solution for the drinking water just now. It may be a good idea to give the water you put down your iron (demineralised I think)

Niina! Oh yes, Fister also got these one time. Thanks for posting, I know your duvet is calling for you too.

I'll aks my vet all these questions tomorrow!

Thanks for your concern all of you!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

did you visit this site, Randi

http://www.belfield.com/article4.html

This sounds so easy, doesn't it!

Clam Juice Continued...

On the bottle it says one tablespoon has 0 fat 100 mg of sodium and 1 g of protein. Interestingly...it is a product of Holland!

ok, thats what I was remembering, I knew there was something wrong with Fister...anyway I hope he gets better soon, sorry to hear he is not well.

have you tried buying bottled water for his water dish?

Good luck with Fister, Randi. Hope he improves soon. Fingers and paws are crossed for a quick recovery.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

We are all sending Fister chin scritchies and head bumpies from our home!!

Naomi, Bassett, Tilly and Nutmeg

Ah Fister - come on guy - we can't have you sick again. I sure hope that the meds help and you are feeling good again real soon.

I was up real early this morning! Only to find out that Fister had been dripping some more outside his sandybox and also a little on the kitchen floor. He had made some poo in the box and some outside.

I was the first on the line to our vet and we're taking over in one hour. When I put the phone down he puked on the floor next to his sandy box Poor little guy! He's definately not feeling up to a trip to the vet! He's retired to under the wardrobe now, where he usually has his morning nap. Hopefully we can get him out and into the carrier!

He was out 3-4 hours the other evening, perhaps he found a few "treats" - we saw him go over to the park, wonder if he found something there.

Will post an update later today! Please keep all fingers and paws crossed!

the c/d should do the trick. I had at least 4 cats with various stages of urinary problems until I started feeding the c/d to all. It has now been YEARS problem free........
    Just as an extra added precaution, the cats get bottled water.

Poor Fister.

Hope the vet will get him straightened out quickly, Randi. Let us know how he's doing.

Logan