Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please flame me now :(

Please flame me now :(

Mikey almost killed himself about 15 minutes ago, and it all would've been my fault. I wasn't watching him like I should have been. He was under my bed, nothing unusual. Little did I know he was chewing my phone charger, I DON'T GIVE two poops about my phone charger I am just glad he is alive! It was plugged in, he chewed through the insulator and the wires were right there. If he had chewed one more bite before I caught him he would've been fried. I am such a stupid person. I feel beside myself right now thinking what could've happened if I hadn't looked at the time. I was to the point where I almost cried...I am so shaken right now.

The charger no longer works because he chewed the connector but honestly, I don't give a rats butt about that. Luck was on my side! I feel so dumb, please yell and flame me now.
    Last edited by Alysser; 10-26-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Alyssa, I don't think anyone will "flame" you. Things like this happen. I don't know that it would have been enough power to be fatal. Sure it probably would have hurt like hell. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I'd like to think about it.
    You are a good dog mommy (or sister). I've been in similar situations several times. Not all were life threatening, but they sure made me feel bad. We learn from these things. It was meant to be that you happened to see him when you did. Now you'll be more careful about things like that in the future.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Boys will be boys...we can't watch them 24/7. Thank goodness you found him in time. Stinker.

How old is he? If he is young he will outgrow it. I really wonder how bubba made it through puppyhood alive to be honest, he chewed everything he could

By the way I would never flame you...stuff happens, just learn from the experience and move ahead.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Naahhh, you aren't a bad mummy. It happens to the best of us. At least you caught the pup.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

RB Dazzle chewed through more cords than I care to think about, and lived through it all. I eventually rubbed Vaseline on all the cords to stop him.

You can't move all of them out of reach, floor lamps, etc, not without making life awkward.

BTW, using Vaseline means all -- and I mean ALL -- the dust bunnies will gravitate to those cords.

No flaming here, been there. I'm glad Mikey is alright, that's all that matters now. Layla chewed my fish tank pump and light cords in half one time, don't know if she pulled them out of the wall before she chewed them or not. Hubby was supposed to be watching her while I showered, she was just a puppy.
    My cat Sassy chewed my answering machine cord in half when she was PO'd because I brought Missy home and also used to pull lights out of the sockets on our Christmas tree while it was turned on!
    We all try to be careful, but still things happen, like I said, at least Mikey is ok.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Nah, don't worry too much. It happens. Like everyone said, the important thing is that you caught him in time!

Maybe you should have named him Suddenly. If you turn your back for a nanosecond, there is "suddenly" a puppy where he's not supposed to be! Ah the joys of puppyhood

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

This brought back so many memories...

When Frisk was a puppy he chewed all the way through the cord of a plugged-in electric pencil sharpener. Then, when he was going through another stage of chewing he nearly chewed the cord to the N64 in half. He didn't stop there; he did the same thing to all the controllers. That is only the tip of the iceberg! Its a wonder he didn't kill himself, but he always walked away unscathed.

I guess what I am getting at is that I don't think there is a single person here that can justifiably flame you for a complete accident. If so, I deserve a good flaming, too!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

God watches out over our little pups.....especially our little boy pups!! No one would have blamed you because we have all had instances with our pets and/or kids where trouble could have happened. Don't worry about it!!!! You're a great mom!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Honestly, when I thought of it later, I don't think he could have died from the shock, but who knows? Thank you guys, I still feel so dumb for not simply watching the stinker though He definitely scared me though, and I am glad he didn't get hurt. At the moment, I was just caught up and of course, thought of only the worst.

Oh don't you worry! Boy puppies are such trouble. Hank is just a year old and he gets into EVERYTHING, he will chew ANYTHING that he thinks is interesting to him - socks, t-shirts, hats, jewelry, bones, magazines.. they will outgrow it eventually, but sounds like Mikey is just like Hank - just very curious!!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

You can't be all eyes all the time. No one can. Thank goodness no one was hurt.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Rocky and/or Zeke ... the two most recent puppies ... chewed through the TV cable in two rooms, the electric blanket cord and the cord for the heat/massage in our very expensive Lazy Boy recliner. Everything was plugged in at the time, and they obviously didn't get shocked enough to discourage their bad behavior.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Let's see....things Lady got into as a pup.....

Glasses (2 pairs)
    an entire pan of brownies
    A videotape
    Countless boxes of kleenex
    Unknown amounts of paper towel
    TP
    Zip loc bags (a whole box)
    plastic wrap
    a book
    Skunks
    A loaf of bread......
    A steak knife

Even if you watch them constantly, they get into things.

There's no such thing as puppy proof, you just do the best you can.

It happens.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.