Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costumes - Post Yours!

That's such a cute pic of Lyra! What an appropriate costume for PT

It's not rude. We do put a lot of money into our outfits since it's our hobby and we strive for an authentic "stepped right out of the movie/comic/tv show" look.

All together the Baroness cost around $500. The Iron Man we got "on sale" for around $2,500.

I was expecting those prices, but honestly hoping for something a little cheaper. I've been wanting to get myself a commission full-body suit costume for awhile now, but I just cannot see spending so much on a costume that I don't have a use for. They are worth it, I am positive of that, but they are very expensive. I don't go to conventions or anything like that, although I'd LOVE to. The commission I want would be over $2,000 and that was just a quote I wanted a quad one, but those are EXTREMELY pricey. I'd definitely settle for the anthro one. I wanted an Anubis (like the one in Star-gate) commission done, for what? I don't know, I'd honestly walk around my house in it though, that's how cool it is.

LOL, isn't it awesome make-up? The artists said they have the most fun with skull and clown make-up. I love the way it looks.

Ohh! I've always toyed around with the idea of doing a Stargate costume. I adore Anubis.

Very rarely do we ever drop all the money for the costumes at once. Typically we piece them together, spend a little here, a little there, make as much as we can by hand (buying a kit or raw piece and painting it yourself vs. paying someone else to paint it). It can take nearly a year or more to put these costumes together.

A few of our costumes are on mannequins for display. It's like having a life size action figure.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    Ohh! I've always toyed around with the idea of doing a Stargate costume. I adore Anubis.

Very rarely do we ever drop all the money for the costumes at once. Typically we piece them together, spend a little here, a little there, make as much as we can by hand (buying a kit or raw piece and painting it yourself vs. paying someone else to paint it). It can take nearly a year or more to put these costumes together.

A few of our costumes are on mannequins for display. It's like having a life size action figure.
    That's so cool that you wanted the same costume or basic idea. Oh, I am sure it takes awhile and I think you have a better idea then I did, but I cannot make any of this stuff myself. :/ I wish I could, and honestly would kill to know how to make costumes like that. I work with costumes on a daily basis, but the ones at work are literal s*** lol. What was the most you've ever paid for a costume? and do you have any actual "fuzzy" animal type costumes whether it be a half-suit or full?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just curious, I am serious about buying one of these EVENTUALLY.

Ramanth, those costumes bring the Fawsome!! Im assuming those were formed by vacuum molding plastic. You could do like the Star Wars geeks of the 70s and 80s and make your own vacuum form molding machine if yall have the time.

Im probably not the only one who wants to see your mannequins for display.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Holy cow, Kimmy, you look AWESOME! Completely hawt, girl!!!! You've got such a lovely figure, and that costume totally shows it off....YOU GO GIRL!!! (I bet the costume makes Andy gaga lol)

I don't think I'm going to dress up, but we'll trick or treat with the kids, of course. Quinn's a bumble bee and Vince is a (hand-me-down from Quinn's first Halloween) ducky. I will have photos up shortly.

Oh and Hannah is so stinking cute! I saw that costume for sale and I considered it, but I decided to go with the bumble bee that I first fell in love with. That garden gnome is just too adorable!

And Miss Clara, you're about the cutest little pumpkin I do believe I've ever seen

OMG that is just too Crazy.. I would bet you would get hot in it.. However it may have a blower in side to cool you..
    Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    since we are talking about halloween costumes... a video on Youtube. the CRAZIEST costume ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC08Lx-zkhI

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    What was the most you've ever paid for a costume? and do you have any actual "fuzzy" animal type costumes whether it be a half-suit or full?
    The Iron Man is the most expensive costume we have currently. Boba Fett I believe comes in second. As for me, I'd say Illyria and Baroness tie for most expensive that I have.

Since this is our hobby, we are members of various costume and prop forums. Often we trade parts to complete costumes and that saves money.

We don't have any Furry or Mascot costumes.

However, my sister and mom made a Care Bear costume from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    Im assuming those were formed by vacuum molding plastic. You could do like the Star Wars geeks of the 70s and 80s and make your own vacuum form molding machine if yall have the time.
    Actually the Baroness armor is fiberglass. The Iron Man is a mix of fiberglass and styrene. We don't have our own vacuum form machine (yet) but do have access to a few.

Wow, Kimmy, you look great!

Alyssa...I LOVE the orange! That's awesome!

The little ones are adorable, as always.

I don't think I'm dressing up this year. My roomies keep bugging me about it, and we're supposedly throwing a Halloween party this weekend...but I think I may be lame and go home. I miss my family, haha.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

The Iron Man is the most expensive costume we have currently. Boba Fett I believe comes in second. As for me, I'd say Illyria and Baroness tie for most expensive that I have.

Since this is our hobby, we are members of various costume and prop forums. Often we trade parts to complete costumes and that saves money.

We don't have any Furry or Mascot costumes.

However, my sister and mom made a Care Bear costume from scratch.

Thanks for answering my questions, I really appreciate it. That costume looks GREAT, really cute and well made ! I have been researching and I am probably gonna go with making my own. If it looks like crap, oh well, it's just practice. I have alot of money in the bank and it shouldn't be two expensive! I am creative so I can find an alternative, SOMEHOW, if need be. I might eventually get a commission but I'm not opt to breaking the bank just yet.

Thank you again for your help! I see why this is your hobby, I have been searching for a "hobby" for awhile now and I just might've found it! And thanks Ash, I loved the orange the best to. I do wish they had some neon blue!

You're welcome. Good luck on your endeavours! To be honest, I didn't get into this hobby until I was 25 years old.

I loved dressing up at Halloween and making costumes, but didn't realize you could costume other days of the year too.

You're welcome. Good luck on your endeavours! To be honest, I didn't get into this hobby until I was 25 years old.

I loved dressing up at Halloween and making costumes, but didn't realize you could costume other days of the year too.
    Thank you! Really? You seem like you've been in it for years, since your mom and sister is into it too apparently.

I love Halloween too, and I never knew how much I'd love to be in a furry costume. My job is so much fun, and it's only seasonal. I can't bring those home either, so this will be a great hobby. Who knows, maybe I'll start a commissioning business, I doubt it, but you never know.

Kim is right on my own costumes and the cost. I make crap money each year, but still manage to buy costume parts as needed. Example, for the Iron Man I sold off two of my older Star Wars costumes and a bunch of extra costume parts and used the money to purchase the Iron Man.

She mentioned trading and such. For her own suits, on the open market her Sandtrooper is the most expensive she owns, but she got the majority of her Sandtrooper parts from other costumers as "hand me downs" when they upgraded their own parts, so in dollars actually spent it was not her most expensive costume to make (but in buying it new, it would be). Her Illyria would be worth some good money because it's an extremely rare costume so not many people own one, and people sometimes pay a lot of money for things like that.
    Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.

How big of a PITA is it to put the Iron Man suit on?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Not bad actually. Takes about 15 minutes or so to put it all on.
    Friend to Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Harley, Baby Crested, Mei, Esme, Jasper and Lucy Inara, along with the hermit crabs.