Thread: Bear 1995-2009 (Joey's sister)

Bear 1995-2009 (Joey's sister)

Hey, My name is Jessica and you may have heard about Bear already from my brother Joseph, But I wanted to make my own post. Bear was a cute and cuddly cat. He was only 13 years of age. Born on December 31st of December 1995, Or January 1st 1996. I was about 1 years old when he was born, So I don't remember watching. But what I do remember is growing up with him. He was so beautiful, as well as my cat Sylvester who I found under a car across the street when I was 5. Bear had one blue eye and one yellow eye. He had pure white fur and curls on his underbelly. A pink nose, pink insides of his ears, and pink paws. A white ball of fluff he was and still is. My little angelic kitty. He will always be my baby boy, And I love him with all of my heart.

But on a Tuesday, October 20th we had some bad news. My mom took bear to the vet with Joey because we thought he had some type of gum disease. He couldn't eat much food and he had teeth falling out. When they came back, The mood was different. I had just came back from looking for my dog Cruise who I finally found after hours of searching. My mom told me. Bear had cancer. A tumor in his jaw had spread into the bone. It was practically impossible for a doctor to remove. They would have to take his whole jaw off and we didn't want him to live that way. So my mom brought him home for a few days so that the family could spend more time with him and say our goodbyes. During those days I was constantly taking pictures of Bear. I wanted to capture every moment we had left together.
    This was the last picture I took of bear. This is in the room he was put to sleep in when we were saying goodbyes to him and kissing him. (My mom's holding him in this)
    Then came Saturday, October 24th. We had to put him to sleep. I stood in the room while my mom held bear in my old beach towel. I gave him lots and lots of kisses and held him in the comfort room before it was time. I love him so much, and still miss him. I cry every night in thought of him. But I now know that he's in a better place now.

Healthy Bear pictures...

October 24th, Earlier in the morning.-

I love you,
    Rest in peace BearBear.

Dear Jessica,
    Thank you for your special post about your cat Bear. He was a beautiful cat, and how wonderful that you had to opportunity to grow up with him!!! I admire your courage at the vet when you put Bear to sleep. You know that he had a very serious condition, that would have caused him great pain. Bear is in a very good place, strong, handsome, healthy, and free of all pain and fear. Bear will always be with you, he knows how much you loved him, how sad you are that he is gone, and he know what you did for him, was done out of love. Bear will always live in your heart and in your memories of him. Sleep softly, dear sweet Bear. Take care, Love, Sandra
    Nine is Fine!!

Thank you for your condolences Sandra. Yes, He is in a better place now, and It helps to hear that. I love Bear and miss him very much and appreciate your reply.

Jessica.

I read and replied to your brothers thread (I posted the Rainbow Bridge story). But reading your words brought tears to my eyes all over again. It is so obvious how much Bear was a part of your family and how loved he was and still is.
    While it is very difficult without him, just keep the memories of him alive and it will help make the transition a little easier.

RIP Bear
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Jessica,

I'm sorry to hear about Bear. The loss of a fur family member is always really hard. Keep his memories close to heart and know he is in a better place, pain free.

Lots of to you and your family.

Amy

God bless Bear, rest in peace

And Now Bear has his Wings of Silver and Gold and is with the Awesome Animal Angel Army in the Wilderness Exploration Corpswhere the rugged Awesome Angels go to explore where the Parks and Habitats are to see if the Awesome Angels would like to camp and picnic there.
    It means communing with Nature and trying out the various Restauarants, Snack Bars and Hotels to test them out.
    Its a tough job, but Bears the Right Cat for the Job.
    Big Bears got the Right Stuff!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS