Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Phred...

This post is so funny!!!! I like the clam- arr-ea !!
    Many old timers posting on this thread.

2. Sorry Phred. Guess it wasn't a success! But what a slippery bottle of calm juice!

Makes me think of a time right after I was sent on assignment to Mexico. I was invited out to dinner one night by a co-worker and her husband. We went to a very elegant restaurant. Although I spoke Spanish my knoweledge of foods was -- like my diet at the time -- limited to beef, pork, and chicken. I ordered accordingly. My friend's husband ordered a dish with which I was not familiar. Very elaborate preparation tableside -- lots of garlic and who knows what all else. Served on toast points. As a guest I had to try it. I made all the correct guestlike comments..."How interesting!" "Very different taste!" all with the correct level of enthusiasm.

Finally someone figured out how to get through my thick gringa head -- "It's fish that makes electricity!"

She became, and still is, a very good friend. They frequently entertained me in their home. And often, as a special treat just for me since I had enjoyed it soooo much, he would make eel.

Thankd goodness for certain alcoholic beverages!

Glad to hear boots is drinking again. I was getting concerned we had a cat get FUS and have to be put down . Please check magnesem
    level in cat food.
    I think any time Phred and the gang get a thread going it gets fun . Been missing these phunny ones, we used to have lots of them. Has anyone heard from Carrie, I haven,t seen her in a while Maybe I missed them as I didn't have much time this summer to read the board. Thank goodness for todays active threads, never could have kept up at all. Good to see so many "old timers".

LOL! - Sara, speaking of blunders when ordering food and other stuff in spanish, I had taught John a few sentences and as we were sitting in a cafe in Spain about to order coffee. As the waiter came, I said: You can do that John! This is what came out - "dos cafe con carne, por favor"! The waiter was falling apart laughing, but got the meaning.
    I did a similar one years ago in Spain. I wanted to buy a certain box of colourful soaps, so I went in to a country shop to try and get them there, as I was running out of time. I asked for jamon, instead of jabón.  The aged shopowner - and alone in the shop, came out with a huge ham for me. I kept trying to explain and his face lightened up! The next thing he presented for me was washing powder. It turned out he didn't have the soap at all.

John here... and by the way Phred, one must not generalise about clams, it's just like with people, there's always an attractive one out there somewhere!

Please Phred, be gentle with me!

Hugs and kisses from
    Carla the clam

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

A voice from the fridge...

Carla, da Klam, sez...

" Rejection is Sooo hard to take...

Won't sumbuddie paLeeze take me out of this cold jug
    an send me ober to the local Klam Rescue? "

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Re: Klam Juice reception = Rejected by All!

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Sad to report, but the Klam Juice Trials resulted in a major defeet... NO Takerz atta Ranch!

He fixed a fresh kuppa plane wadur - Kat jumpz up an startz slurrpin like he hazint seen wadur fur a week! Dad slopz in a shot a Klam Juice. Kat *puffz da Tail an goez ober an startz lickkin da fawcit...

Toozday da Kat had a selekshun ~
    Wun kuppa plane wadur;
    An wun kuppa Klam Chowdur...
    Toosday nite da vote wuz kast - plane wadur half gone; Klam Chowdur still full to da brim!
    Boots Kat is NOT a Klam Fancier!

Soooo... Ennebuddie out there innerestud inna slitley uzed buckit a Klam Juice!?? Prolly *FREE* to a gud home!
    LOL!!! Sounds to me that the clam juice worked great. Just keep it on hand and give Boots the option of it or water and he'll start drinkin water like a fishy.

Oh ROTFL - I leave this plaice for a little while and the running aMucK starts!!! Well done all of you - it's been so funny reading this thread from the beginning.
    As long as Boots is drinkin' his wadder like a good Kat - we're all happy. xxx

Lynne

Breaking news!

Clams Not Really Happy, Say Experts

OSLO, Norway (AheadOfNews.com) - Marine Biologists at the prestigious Clam Study Center have determined that the expression "happy as a clam" is apparently not based on actual clam psychology.
    Dr. Lars Nilsbokken, head Marine Psychobiologist at the center, says that clams are rarely happy in most environments. "Imagine that you have no eyes," he says, "and that you have no arms and legs, and that there is a constant battering of waves that prevents you from hearing well." He hunkers down and holds his thin hands above him, wiggling his fingers. "All you've got is a big mouth, and a foot."

"Now imagine that there is a psycho after you, who is hundreds of times larger than you, and has a sturdy shovel. You can't run, so you try desperately to hide, but you have to be at the surface of the sand to eat. At any moment, you may have to dig for your life, using your one foot." Dr. Nilsbokken's Reebok wiggles frantically in sympathy.

"So the answer is 'no', clams are not happy. Clams are neurotic, fearful, desperate, and lonely." Nilsbokken adds, "If you want happy, I recommend cats. Cats don't need anyone else to be happy, and sometimes, even if you don't want them to, they'll come over and be happy with you."
    Last edited by Randi; 10-24-2002 at 06:00 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So, when your hands are feeling a little "clammy" does that mean you are unhappy?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Randi
    [B]Clams Not Really Happy, Say Experts
    "So the answer is 'no', clams are not happy. Clams are neurotic, fearful, desperate, and lonely." /QUOTE]
    Plus clams stink!!! No wonder they are lonely!

And lets face it - their ugly - the weren't hit from a twig off the ugly tree - the whole darn thing fell on 'em!! No wonder their unhappy - would you want your daughter to marry one? No! I rest my case!!!!!

Lynne

A face only a mother could love? Aly would probably want to foster it
    Laurie

Originally posted by lbaker
    A face only a mother could love? Aly would probably want to foster it
    Laurie
    You priceless, Laurie!!!! Hehehe!!!

14. Dr. Lars Nilsbokken, head Marine Psychobiologist
    Psychobiologist

So this is a guy who psychoanalyzes marine life??????????

Imagine getting stuck next to him at a dinner party. "So Dr. what's new?" "I'm working with an interesting patient. It's a clam with agoraphobia!"

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

Psychobiologist

Imagine getting stuck next to him at a dinner party. "So Dr. what's new?" "I'm working with an interesting patient. It's a clam with agoraphobia!"
    Sara! How funny!