Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dear Phred...

Do any of you remember the Dilbert book where due to a typo Scott Adams agreed to 'verify your clam'? It became a running joke through a couple books: how to face identify a clam so it could be verified, etc.

Have Phred's clams been VERIFIED? No wonder he's in Triffid danger. Can Smokey and Cinder verify a clam to protect their home??? Inquiring minds want to know...
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by Logan
    LOL!!!!! Corinna!!!! That is too funny.........I always heard that oysters were good for that......that's what we believe in the South, anyway!!!!
    Are oysters and clams da same thing? Oysters got pearls but do clams? If clams had pearls too they may be good for something after all. Though I'm not sure I'd like a necklace made from clam pearls. 'Course there may not be any difference. Isn't it amazing that oyster spit on a grain of sand can make a pretty pearl?

OMG! Triffids atta Ranch ???

Originally posted by Randi

“I whipped round to find a triffid towering only a few feet behind me...
    I heard the sting whistle as it slashed out at me...

HALP!

We gotz sum purdy Nastee Lookin thingeez growin inna yard...
    Could they be the dredded T R I F F I D s??

Have they been noted fur *attakin* lil Dawggiez on late nite outiez??

Inquirin myndz Need ta Knowe!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Clams and oysters are two different species of Mollusks. Clams are in shells like the shell gas emblem. Oysters are in a really different shell the two taste totally different. I like oysters broiled in butter but I agree on clams YUCK!!!! My family loves them though. I leave when its clam bake time.

Re: OMG! Triffids atta Ranch ???

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

HALP!

We gotz sum purdy Nastee Lookin thingeez growin inna yard...
    Could they be the dredded T R I F F I D s??

Have they been noted fur *attakin* lil Dawggiez on late nite outiez??

Inquirin myndz Need ta Knowe!!
    I tink day eat ebby ting...
    dawggiez, katz, hoomanz...
    I don no how to stop em. maybe puttin salt on dar tails.... no, wait, dats how you catch a birdie....
    ARGGGGGG!!!!

Dear Phred ...

I can quite understand your concern about Cinder & Smokey (not to mention Boots the Shadow). The only information I could find regarding dogs and Triffids was this:

”Along the way, stuff blows up, airplanes crash, and these weird looking plants kill a dog. Bill does a doubletake at this dead dog and wonders what's up, but then decides the dog is just sleeping something off and leaves with his child-bride”

On the other hand, there is apparently a way to beat them, and this is where you, Phred, with your special skills, can help save the world:

”Back on the other side of Triffid County, Phred and Karen are burning the midnight oil trying to find a way to beat back the menacing plants, and accidentally find a way when Phred turns a fire hose on them that's connected to sea water. Salt water destroys Triffids! We have lots of that! We're saved!”

So perhaps you’d better do something about those “weeds” before they do something about you!
    On the other hand, if the worst comes to the worst, the Triffids do make everybody blind, so you can at least use Cinder & Smokey as Guide Dogs!

john

PS. It’s interesting that SEAWATER does them in, does all this really have something to do with Edwinas’ clam juice after all?
    Last edited by Randi; 10-30-2002 at 06:38 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

bwahahaha!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

salt on a birds tail? salt water against the mighty triffids? Well it does work to dissolve slugs so maybe we're on to something here. Here he comes to save the daaaayyy, the mighty Phred is on his waaaaayyyyy..........................Laurie

Connie just reminded me of this thread...

Phred, perhaps if water-mollusks aren't to your liking you might try the alternative......

MOUNTAIN OYSTERS?!?!

*GAG*

hmmmmm Zip, first the shadow, then triffids....I wonder how many even have even HEARD of mountain oysters and... agreed
    *UGH ACK YUCK

Zippy Kat do you mean Lamb fries????

*Aggggghhhhh* ~~Yucccccckkkkkky~~

- - sICK bAg- - Please............................................ ..........too late!!

Lynne

Originally posted by Randi & John
    Triffids...

”Back on the other side of Triffid County, Phred and Karen are burning the midnight oil trying to find a way to beat back the menacing plants, and accidentally find a way when Phred turns a fire hose on them that's connected to sea water. Salt water destroys Triffids! We have lots of that! We're saved!”
    Uhhhh, Dad sez we still gotz a problem...
    Saltee Waddur is a lil scarce here in O-HI-O . Dad duzint tink da FD has enuff hose to lay a supply line frum da Oshun into the back yard.

PS. It’s interesting that SEAWATER does them in, does all this really have something to do with Edwinas’ clam juice after all?
    Seawaddur an Klamz is more 'related' den Mountain Oysterz an Triffidz iz!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Leave you guys alone for just a few days and look what you have done to this thread!! It has been reduced to a discussion of MOUNTAIN OYSTERS

15. "Lambs fries"....I always thought there was a bull involved in mountain oysters??????