Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Phred...

Dear Phred...

I went to the grocery store to try and find something for Elizabeth (that the raccoons won't eat.) I was looking at the sardines --- (do you know how many kinds of sardines there are!!!! And I've never eaten ONE!!!)

Anyway...sure enough I found clam juice. It was in the juice section. It is surprisingly low in sodium so I bought some to have on hand in case I ever need to get Edwina to drink.

Seems easier than draining a can of tuna!

Interesting. I have some clam juice for this recipe that I never did end up making...can you just give it to them like a little bit of milk? Will they eat clams? I have two cans of clams, to go with the clam juice..all using up cupboard space. If it would make a wonderful treat for the babies, I might do it!

Are these the ones you mean, Sara? Or the smaller round ones?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dad turned *green*...

Originally posted by Randi
    Are these the ones you mean, Sara?
    Dad sed ~
    Jest affore he turned a phunnie *green* color...
    We dont think he'z a klam fancier...

He sez he axkt atta store fur klam juice anna klerk gave him a phunnie look...
    He took that for a "no" and quit lookin.

We'll send him into a Big store next tyme.
    Then he <mumbel'd> sumpin bout the klam juice better not *stink* or the juice anna Kat would boff be onna frunt porch!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I'm not real good at sea things . The juice comes in a bottle. I have seen recipes that said "clam juice" so I looked for it at the grocery. The bottle says something about...for use when you need authentic fish flavor (not sure when that would be???? but I'm not much of a cook...) It was next to the other juices that don't need refrigeration...like grape juice!

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I'm not real good at sea things .
    ...but I'm not much of a cook...)

You an Dad have Two things in common .

We'll send him back inna store - an tell him to try lookin wiffa eyeballz *open* this tyme.

I feel kinda green along with Phred. I've seen a juice called Clamato here. It's a combanation of clam juice and tomato juice. It sounded awful to me but I'm not a sea food lover anyway. I don't think I've ever seen clam juice alone. If you give it a go Phred, let us know how Bootz likes it and if it smells. I'll keep an eye out for it, just in case I have to 'water' one of the boys.

I can assure you that if you make a dish using anchovies, your cats will go crazy! Here's a few recipees with them.

Sorry, they disappeared, but you can find them!

http://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/reci...ch/default.htm

http://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/

http://seafood.allrecipes.com/directory/1551.asp

Or you can try Olives with anchovies in the middle! They are really tasty! - Just ask Nita, Sirocco, Nelix and Fister!
    Last edited by Randi; 10-07-2002 at 05:12 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

ok who is Phred? I have seen this name mentioned before.

Or you can try Olives with anchovies in the middle! They are really tasty! - Just ask Nita, Sirocco, Nelix and Fister!
    Yum! We had pasta with tomatoes, olives with anchovies and chilli - delicious!

I haven't seen clam juice over here. Look forward to whoever tries it out first!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Or you can try Olives with anchovies in the middle!
    Dad sez < >!

"Why wood ya wanna ruin 2 gud Olivez by jammin a
    *ded phish* inna midel??"

Dad thinks wun lil ded Anchovie kan rek a WHOLE Pizza!

We dont think da Kat is EBBER gonna see an Anchovie!

I have to laugh at this thread...........coming from Ohio I never even saw a fish - until I moved to California. Well, maybe a trout or two my Dad caught.........and we never, ever had fish for dinner. (I am from a meat and potatos family..rice? what was that?)

But I am right up there with you all about anchovies.........those hairy little buggers - why oh why would you even think of eating one?

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Why wood ya wanna ruin 2 gud Olivez by jammin a
    *ded phish* inna midel??"

Dad thinks wun lil ded Anchovie kan rek a WHOLE Pizza!

We dont think da Kat is EBBER gonna see an Anchovie!
    LOL! I hate anchoves myself, but a tiny lil bit in the middle of an olive is yummy! Gotta get the spanish ones, though!

I had invited some friends over for dinner a few weeks back and they wanted to know where I'd bought these olives - so I told them. The next time I went to the Cheese shop where I got them, the owner said: Someone came in yesterday and bought the 10 cans I had! Arrgghh!! - So I'll have to wait for the next delivery.

14. It's a Landlubber Thing

Even though we didn't eat meat on Friday when I was young I did NOT eat any type of fish until I was 30 years old! (My poor mother -- eggs, cheese, pastas -- she was so creative!)

A friend finally convinced me to try white fish and I liked it! But anchovies, clams, oysters, tuna....I'm turning green too.

Isn't this funny? I didn't know anyone didn't like seafood!!! I could live off of it....but no anchovies, please, and I am not a big clam fan either (found that out when we were in Massachusetts last summer). But an oyster, fish, shrimp, scallops.....YUM!!!!!!

Happy dining, Boots. I'll bet you will love your clam juice if your dad can stomach the smell!!!