Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bear 1995-2009 (13, nearly 14)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I don't think you ever need to question whether you did right by helping him to RB. In the pic of him wrapped in the towel - he looks very tired and weary - and ready to be free of his aliment. You did the right thing.

And the pic with the "cross" - very poignant.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I miss him too.

Good job on this thread Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I don't think you ever need to question whether you did right by helping him to RB. In the pic of him wrapped in the towel - he looks very tired and weary - and ready to be free of his aliment. You did the right thing.

And the pic with the "cross" - very poignant.
    Yeah, he hadn't started to look like that exactly until the last week really. Before then, he seemed relatively himself.. like everything waited to happen drastically after we took him in to the vet.

Still, one of the sadder things.. the picture is still somewhat precious to me. :/

I see my younger sis posted another thread.. I think she meant to just post it in here though.

I'm so sorry to hear about Bear. He sure was a handsome boy. Now he's painfree and playing up at Rainbow Bridge will all of the other cats including my Pepper and Starr. RIP sweet boy.

I am very sorry to read this. I haven't been able to bring myself to post here, although I've tried several times. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I had my Morgan put to sleep. He too had an oral cancer. His was a tumor on his upper jaw. I still have tears thinking and talking about him, but it is getting easier each day. I miss him terribly, and I'm sure you'll deal with similar feelings grieving for your dear kitty. I hope you can find some comfort from the words and thoughts posted here and in the happy memories that you carry with you.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

And we hear that Bear had a Great Time at Hawks Cay Resort near Ducks Island in Florida , and is already taking up with a Lady Cat Angel!!

And hes made Lots Of Awesome Angel Friends
    And has a Place in mind where You will All gather again.
    One Fine Day!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I liked the latest post, made me quite happy - I imagine he's having a fun time, and I'm glad.. I'd rather he be happy than to have kept him in his state he was in longer.

I payed a little visit to his grave, it's odd to imagine he's under that mound of dirt - well, that his body is at least. It was a good spot though, thinking about it.. we put him right next to a tree, one of my mom's favorites, and that little rock I found for his headstone seems to work out quite nice. (We have random stones in our backyard.. Sort of as a design, holds up dirt too. We're built on a hill I suppose is why.)

We've been helping Sylvester get over his grief about it - he's been more cuddly, but you can tell.

Thank you again, the replies have helped a lot.. and I appreciate them. I showed some to my family, including the Rainbow Bridge poem - and the Candle, which I just thought was very nice.

To Moesha - I'm sorry to hear, as well to everyone else that is here.. It's sad to see them go away, especially like that.. but every cause it own is as depressing as the next. Thank you for bringing yourself to add a post to this as well though. -hug- I'm sure Bear and Morgan have met already though, he's a docile friendly one.. So his added sweetness and kind nature is a plus to all the rest up there.

Love you Bear, and Sylvester I think says hi as well.. (he's laying on my left arm as I type.)

bah, but I really do hope our other Kitty gets over his sadness soon..

Sadly it does take time.
    I think Our Cats are closer to each other than a lot of people, even family as Our Cats dont have the baggage that we have with other people.
    They love more unconditionally , and more deeply.
    I know My Juke Joint Joseph misses His John Hnacock a great deal.
    Maybe one day you will see a Cat who needs a home badly, and Sylvester will have a New Friend.
    I think Bear would like that , and Bear would be thier Guardian Angel, the way My Found Cat Angels are here!
    Thier Love is Furrever
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I wrote a note to your sister on the thread she posted on Bear. This special cats become such a part of our lives, and no matter how long they live, it is never long enough. In May, our 17 yr old Norton was put to sleep. Barry and I talk about Norton and all our cats that are at the Bridge. Memories are a great comfort. Take Care. Sleep softly, sweet Bear.....
    Nine is Fine!!

Your Bear is a sweetheart.

I just posted about my Squeak and the emptiness in my heart hurts so much.

I have a black long haired Bear that my Squeak used to clean constantly and maybe she can be buddies with your Bear now.

I hope my Squeak and your Bear are running around chasing bugs together along with everyone else's babies.

Much love and comfort to you and your family...