Thread: Confounded by kitty

Confounded by kitty

I'll try to keep this short-ish We have six cats that live together in the house; four adults, two kittens(4 months old). All of the adults have been together for over a year, and one of them, Lyle, is our "nanny" cat.
    The adults had co-habitated in a large room until August(long story) but now have the run of the house. The two "fighters" continued to do so after getting more space, so we decided to try Feliway. While we were waiting to make the trip to get it, one of the other cats decides to start peeing on my bed and another spot in the same room. We have put her in "time out", changed the sheets, clean the boxes more often, and got bigger boxes(she's a big cat) I now have to pack up my pillow and top covers each morning, and spread bed pads over the matress The confounding part is, after she pees on the bed, she comes up to me and gets super-affectionate for a little while. In fact, she has become more friendly towards me in general lately(she's always been a little stand off-ish) We've had the Feliway diffuser just under a week, and are going to try a litter box in the room, too. I'm trying to figure out other ways of discouraging this behavior, and why she's doing it in the first place. Has she suddenly decided I'm "hers" and is staking her claim? or is she mad at me for something I don't know about? One of the "fighters" likes to rest on that bed, too. Maybe she's showing her anger at that cat? She's never been a pee-er before, and this has only been going on a little under a month.
    Too many pets? What's that?

Maybe with her it is a UTI. Vet checkup might find the cause easily!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It worked!! Apparently, she wanted a litter box in my bedroom. I guess she didn't want to use the one in the babies' bathroom(the next room over). She doesn't care for the babies and did not want to use the box in the room that smelled like them. Ever since I put a litter box in my room, the bed has stayed dry.

She probably wanted her privacy...just like all of us!

Glad it was easily fixable!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Glad the problem has been solved!!!! See how easy that was???

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wouldn't it be nice if all kitty issues were so easily fixed