Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Schroeder...is up for adoption again #112

How funny that he so well matches the entryway floor! The better to trip up burglars, He's a handsome guy, and it's great that he is settling in so quickly and so well!
    I've Been Frosted

Well Hello there Schroeder.. Your so Handsome & Adorable.. Yup same color as the floor.. You looked to be settling in good..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh Moe, he's so handsome!! I'm glad that you decided to adopt him and take him into your home!

Welcome to your new home, Schroeder, and welcome to PT, we're going to be asking to see a lot of you!!!

Hi Schroeder and welcome to Pet Talk! You sure chose the very best Meowmie a handsome kitty like you could possibly have. You'll soon find out that you're in a great furever home filled with nothing but love and all the things a special guy like you could possibly want.

Concatulations Moesha! He is beautiful and looks like a real sweetheart. Could I ask you to give him a generous round of "welcome" lovies from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I loooooove the marbled pattern.. he´s so cute!!.. already made himself at home.. gorgeous boy
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Hello there, sweet boy Schroeder! Are you ever a handsome orangie! I love orangies! I like how you s-t-r-e-t-c-hed yourself out in the foyer - that makes me think you're gonna like your new home! MMmmmmmmwah!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I think you can see that he is nervous- but ready to settle at the same time
    And of course I love the cat-mouflage picture. That is hilarious.

Schroeder you are just GORGEOUS - from every angle!

He KNEW, didn't he, that he would blend into that floor?

Looks like he's making himself "at home". That is a good sign.

You are one handsome dude, Schroeder!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Thats great that Schroeder is really making himself at home!!
    Not even Michael the DreamCat and Moquelito were that comfortable than quickly!!!
    Of course My Orangies and All Of Our Owesome Orange Angels are happy that Schroeder has now found His Fuirrever Home.
    And I agree that one with his paws in the air is a winner!

That should be Schroeders 2010 Pet Talker Photo!!
    Last edited by catmandu; 10-25-2009 at 07:51 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Schroeder, you are not just an orange bum, you are a big, beautiful, orange bum!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Schroeder is so different than any other cat that I've been around. I've tried to give him toys to interest him. He hasn't shown any interest in any of them, the tunnel, the track with the ball, mice, balls with catnip, nothing. I'm going to try to get one of those fishing pole type toys tomorrow. He doesn't eat wet food. He will come running when I shake a bag of treats, but he hasn't eaten any of them when offered. I've tried 4 or 5 different brands and flavors. I'm at a loss. He seems to really want something, but nothing I have makes him happy. He is getting more used to it around here. Today I went in to his room and sat on the couch. He jumped up on it and came over to me for the first time. He walked across my lap a couple of times and actually started purring! Then he turned and bit my hand pretty hard. He didn't break the skin, but it did scrape some skin off.

I've been in contact with the rescue to see if I can get any information from a former owner about things that he likes or that would make him comfortable. The first owner, the one with cancer, hasn't returned the message that was left. Someone had him for a couple of weeks in August but had to return him because he was trying to dominate her cats. She loved him though. I have her phone number and will try calling tomorrow.

Aroara has hissed like crazy under the bathroom door. He hasn't shown aggression toward her, but he has growled at some of the other cats that are outside. Did I already post this? I know I typed it all out somewhere. Maybe it was in an e-mail. I put Aroara in the bedroom where he has been staying so she could smell him in there. I put the towel that he was on in the carrier under her food dish. She doesn't seem to notice anything with that. I am not sure he would like having a towel rubbed on him. He did not like it when I tried to use the lubglub. (A mitt used to help get loose fur off.)

I don't know what else to do to help him feel comfortable. I get really sad because it makes me miss Morgan even more sometimes. I'm trying to be patient. It kills me to think of him spending any more time in a cage where he is so unhappy. I'm hoping that he will get more comfortable and warm up to us. He hasn't really shown any signs of being the lap kitty that the rescue advertised him as. Any ideas?

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I don't know what else to do to help him feel comfortable. I get really sad because it makes me miss Morgan even more sometimes. I'm trying to be patient. It kills me to think of him spending any more time in a cage where he is so unhappy. I'm hoping that he will get more comfortable and warm up to us. He hasn't really shown any signs of being the lap kitty that the rescue advertised him as. Any ideas?
    Time, just tincture of time. Our cat, Red, who looks very much like Schroeder, came to us from the woods. We have no idea of his history. He has been with us for 6 years now, and he still mystifies me at times.

Hopefully you can get some info from his last foster mom. Other than that - just love him and let him know he is safe with you. He will come around one day. Just imagine how you would react in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Just imagine how you would react in his place.
    That's what I'm trying to do. He had a home for over two years. He has been back in the rescue since June. He was adopted but the returned after 2 weeks. (The rescue will give $75 off the $100 adoption fee if it doesn't work out and they are returned within two weeks.)

I specifically wanted to help an adult who had been returned where he'd had a home. I must say kittens are easier. They are more adaptable to the surroundings. They are more work in other ways though. I really want Schroeder to like it here and for us to have a connection, so that we can help each other.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

How on earth did I miss this thread. Congrats!!! He's such a handsome boy. I'm sure he's still trying to settle in. I sure hope that everything will work out. I think you both need each other.

All of my cats are rescues, Storm and Sky were from the Humane Society and it took Sky about 1 year to really feel comfortable in his new home even though he's a very social cat. He was found as a stray and later adopted but then he was returned because the people said that their other cats started peeing outside of the box. He was about 1 year old when I adopted him.

Sunny was from a small rescue group and his foster mom moved around a lot so it also took him a good year to really feel comfortable and realize that he wouldn't be going any where else. He was 8 months old when I adopted him. Both Pearl and Ziggy were rescued by another PT'er, K & L, in Arizona. They were both young kittens when I adopted them. Pearl fit in easily but it's taken Ziggy 3 years to really feel comfortable and to feel like she's a part of the family. Now she even acts goofy and is so much more relaxed than she used to be. She even comes to me for pets and gives me headbutts.

Try not to rush things. Cats like to come to you on their own terms. I'm sure you already know this. I sure hope that things will work out. Good luck.