Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Schroeder...is up for adoption again #112

Welcome home Schroeder. There's a few of us starting new lives these days. I know yours will be full of love. Enjoy dear kitty.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Welcome too your new home Schroeder. just remember play nice.
    GILL & Crew;

YAY for Moe and Schroeder!!!!! So happy for you both!!!

Obviously he is adjusting to being here. I kept him in the room with me last night. There were plenty of smells for him. He smells everything and you can hear him sniffing. It's funny. He was sticking his feet out under the door. Aroara had been sleeping on the couch and saw them! She didn't go over to investigate but carefully watched from her spot across the room. At the moment he is out investigating the rest of the house, smelling everything.

He slept in the same spot Morgan would sleep last night. He's eating and drinking and using the litterbox. He has that scared look in his eyes still. He will let us pet him and will even come over for a walk by rub. I think that once he realizes this is home he will settle down and become the snuggly boy that everyone tells me he is. He is curious. I think that is a sign of his intelligence. He wants to know everything around him, very much like Morgan. That's something that reminds me very much of Morgan. He wasn't trusting of everyone, but he'd size you up first. I'm sure Schroeder will come around. And eventually learn his name and when we are talking to him.

I'm trying to get information about his two years in his home before having to be returned. The lady I talked to yesterday didn't know much about her and thinks that she has died. I don't think that she called him Schroeder because he doesn't seem to recognize that name. But the rescue organization said that is the only name they have for him on his file. I like the name, so once he learns it, we'll be ok. I'll post more pictures in a while.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

I think that Schroeder will be a Happy Cat with you and Cats do have a way of working things out when they are in a new home.
    I wonder if his previous Guardian was sincere when she said Schroeder was that dominant, or whether she gave him enough time to adapt.
    It doesnt always happen over night.
    Michael , Miquelito Golden Rod and The Orange Angels say you can never go wrong with Owesome Orange!!!
    ORANGE RULES!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I just think he is such a handsome guy! I can't get over it!
    I am so happy you two found each other. I think it was meant to be.

I was going to ask you about his name, but you already answered that for me. I like the name Schroeder too.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Congratulations on you and Schroeder finding each other!

Now, I've never tried this, but it's been suggested on the board before.

To get Schroeder used to Aroara's smell, take a towel and wipe it all over Aroara and put it under Schoeder's food/water dishes.

Take another towel and wipe Schoeder down with it and put it under Aroara's dishes.

They'll get used to each other's smell and learn to associate it with good things -- food!

If you try it, let us know how it works.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

My Mac is an Orangie a supervisor at a previous job poofed and gave to me because she thought I needed a cat. That was several years ago, and I have been a crazy cat lady ever since. I still have Mac, he's my cat and the greatest thing on four legs! And yes, he has green eyes. Green-eyed orangies are wonderful! Enjoy handsome Schroeder and give him kissies from me!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post

To get Schroeder used to Aroara's smell, take a towel and wipe it all over Aroara and put it under Schoeder's food/water dishes.

Take another towel and wipe Schoeder down with it and put it under Aroara's dishes.

They'll get used to each other's smell and learn to associate it with good things -- food!

If you try it, let us know how it works.
    Oh I have not read that idea before. I have heard about the letting them smell things that the others have touched but not about putting it under their food dishes! I'm going to try that. I will report back.

Congrats on the adoption!

Very happy for you and Schroeder!

Melissa

Schroeder was one anxious kitty last night. He had the big dilated eyes that they get when they are nervous.

He wanted out of the bedroom to explore what was on the other side of the door. So when Aroara when outside this morning, he was able to check things out.

He found the cat perch.

And a bookcase.

Then he found a place to hide right out in the open! It is so funny because Morgan always matched everything here. The carpet was gray. We just had some tan carpet put in a month or so ago along with this in front of the door.

A close up.

Another close up.

And upside down.

This is the end of the couch he sits on. Next to him you can probably see the furpile. That is Aroara's spot. Morgan was always on the other end.

I know this one is a bit blurry, but I liked it.

Catmoflage--you're doin' it right.

I think Schroeder approves of his new domain. What an expressive face he has!

my goodness is he ever handsome! Hope he fits in well and we can see lots of pictures of him in the future

What a gorgeous guy! And already settling in, right at home.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery