Thread: Gato is sick ='(

Gato is sick ='(

Gato's cystitis has flared up again, and it's pretty bad this time. Right now, he's laying on his side in the hallway, and he won't let anyone touch him. He's been running around the house like crazy all evening and has been in and out of his litterbox every few minutes..
    The last time his cystitis flared up like this, he almost died.....My mom is taking him to the vet, but I'm still worried about him...

<edit>He's also been over-grooming, mainly on his belly and at the base of his tail. His belly is almost bald now, and his tail is heading that way too, but we can't figure out why. Any thoughts?</edit>
    I my Bianca~

find me on deviantART at Loki-GodOfTricks

My Oscar did that when he has cystitis...I think it was because that was where it was uncomfortable, and he was licking it to try and make it feel better.

I hope dear Gato is not blocked! A couple of kitties here have had their bladders go into spasms, and are on amitryptiline for their problem. This drug is used for the same reason on humans!

I and others here have had very good luck feeding our cats grain-free dry food. It apparently keeps the urine pH where crystals do not form. Also - I use filtered water; someone here posted that if your area has hard water, minerals in it can be a factor in crystals forming.

Sorry to overwhelm you with stuff - prayers that Gato is treated and is back home with you soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda