Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one excited for the holiday season?

Am I the only one excited for the holiday season?

I cannot even tell you how happy I am for the holidays this year, I LOVE this time of year. The atomsphere is amazing, everyone seems so happy. I love the snow, the decorations, the family and the memories... I am so excited lol, I don't think I've ever been this happy for the holidays. My parents think I am going nuts lol . I've been listening to christmas music all day.

Now-a-days I know christmas seems all commercialized, but honestly, I don't look at it that way. I stick to the old time christmas songs, my family, and our traditions. The snow and the decorations and the atomsphere of the times isn't exactly as commercialized.

Am I the only one this excited for the holiday season? Come on guys, help me out here, don't make me out to be the only psycho LOL.
    Last edited by Alysser; 04-11-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Ha ha Alyssa! I'll join you! I love fall, the cooler weather, the leaves and Halloween! Next comes the warm cozy feelings of Thanksgiving, complete with lots of good food. And last but not least, I love snow! Christmas will be here, all the church activities, decorations, lights, the tree, more food and family and friends! I'm ready!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yes, I can honestly say that I'm very excited for Thanksgiving (best day of the year) and Christmas! I just really wish that everyone still went to my Grammy & Papa's house in Waukegan, IL. My most favorite place IN THE WORLD! I don't care of noone else is going, I'm determined to find my own way there.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Christmas?!? I need to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving first. Then I will possibly think about Christmas. Yes, it is all too commercialized for me. I enjoy my family at the holidays. I guess I haven't really enjoyed Christmas since my husband left me at Christmas time 2001. My kids are adults now but it was a tough time for me and I am way over the fact that he did leave me for someone else.

It is good you are excited for the holidays.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Christmas?!? I need to get through Halloween and Thanksgiving first. Then I will possibly think about Christmas.
    Same here. It is WAY too early for me to get excited about Christmas.

Alysser ~ Better pace yourself so you don't get burnt out by December.

That being said, don't let anyone Bah-Humbug you and dampen your enthusiasm.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

LOL, I am sick of October even if it is my birthday month. This year I am not into halloween, I'm working Fright Fest anyway (which I did make by the way ). Halloween is just getting old to me..I wouldn't really want to go trick or treating this year even if I wasn't working. Thanksgiving is just a blah holiday to me. I just want the atomsphere of CHRISTMAS, I love when I start hearing the songs on the radio!

LOL, thanks Annette for not making me look totally left out. I love all this things associated with the holidays and such too.

*LabLoverKEB*, that sounds fun! I always wanted a big family get togather around the holidays, I've never had many too many people at my house for Christmas. I hope you get to got this year!

Happylabs, I am sorry that happened to you honestly. I can see why you are not as excited. Remember you always got your PT friends on the holidays

I don't think I'll get burnt out by December, that'd honestly suck if I did.

YES....

Christmas is my FAVORITE time of year. I just LOVE it

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I look forward to all of it!

I love Halloween. I make some sort of mask, but spend the evening handing out candy (and dog biscuits) to the children, admiring their costumes and just seeing folks!

I love Thanksgiving, we spend it with Paul' family, and though we don't live that far apart, we rarely gather in the same place at the same time. And there's not much I don't love about Christmas - and this year, like last, we'll extend it by a week or so, to give my Nephew time to get home from the Navy, and Lady's Human and his gang to head East - coordinating it all is my sister's gig, and she loves the organizational side of things far more than the rest of us anyway!
    I've Been Frosted

And, now Alyssa.. you have an adorable widdle boy who is celebrating his first Christmas!

I love the holidays for the decorations and songs. But like I said last year, without my parents and other family members around, if I don't find somewhere to go, away from the house, I'm a miserable, unhappy, sad, depressed you know what.

Christmas Eve is no problem, I have a lot of places to go, with kids, too, so that's fun getting them stuff. But waking up Christmas Day is awful. Maybe I'll get over it eventually.

I've been Boooo'd!

Im actually kinda ticked this year. This is the third year in a row I dont get to do my Guinness injected turkey.

If I was still a part of the punk scene Ild just do a Punk Rock Potluck Thanksgiving at my house and have a bonfire with all the kids that have no where else to go.

The plus is my brother is coming home for Christmas, hopefully that means [WHITEPOST]stripclubs[/WHITEPOST] skiing. This might be the first time my older brother out skis me. [WHITEPOST]Actually out skiing me, he has the thing for stripclubs.[/WHITEPOST]

This Would have Been A White Post but, So Not To Cause Any Butt Hurt Here It Is: Im not a big fan of strip clubs but, my brother is living in Chicago, so he likes the strip clubs here.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I look forward to it this year maybe not as much as I did last year because my Rocky and Jenny won't be with us but I am gonna try to enjoy it because that's how they would want it!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

same here ....

I love halloween... it's fun and full of candy and now that we have hannah it's even MORE fun. she's a female garden gnome this year... so cute. I love handing out candy and seeing all the adorable costumes. I love taking hannah trick or treating and I LOVEEEEEEEEEE carving and painting pumpkins. and pumpkin seeds? MMMMMMMMMMMM

thanksgiving. LOVE IT. get together with family have a great time and have an AMAZING meal. good times all around. I'm always sad when thanksgiving passes.

but christmas... that is my MOST favorite time of year. christmas carols, decorations, presents, food, lights... it's WONDERFUL. the only thing that makes christmas better is a WHITE christmas. I just love it. it brings me such a powerful joyful feeling that no other time of year gives me.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I use to love the holidays when the kids were little. Now it just seems like work. I hate to sound like scrooge.

I do love the fall and lighting candles and the leaves falling.

We had a horrible storm here last tuesday and lost our big fig tree so its been an abrupt start to fall.

With my baby going off to college next year I am sure I will love christmas again because I will get to see her.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Yes, I am super excited for Christmas, always am! This year will be extra-special because it's Lyra's first Christmas.

I always wait till the weekend after Thanksgiving to put up the tree (to me that is waiting...), and of course by Christmas it looks a bit raggedy from the cats variously pulling down ornaments/sitting in the tree. We go on a train ride every year (though last year we went to the Nutcracker Ballet instead), and this year we will be going up Pike's Peak again on the cog. We really don't do presents for the adults- last year we did a gift exchange (we put our names in a hat and spent $20 on the person we got and didn't reveal who it was till we exchanged gifts) that was fun so we will likely do it again this year (it is just us, my mom, and my brother's family usually). But, I really love buying gifts for the kids. And this year my mom will be here for 10 days- at Christmas AND New Year's!!

So yes, I'm excited too!

I am too.I love christmas.I have presents picked out for my family already.I have my christmas cards and am already writing them out.Can't wait to see my favorite christmas movie-It's a wonderful life.Can't wait to buy some candy canes.
    I am also exicited for thanksgiving.My cousins are coming.I don't really care much about halloween.Never really have.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010