Thread: Home sick today

Home sick today

I should be at work but am home ill today. My stomach is so upset and I keep burping and having cramps, also very tired.
    This made me think of the H1N1. So many people in our town and the area are coming down with it.
    Hubby said Metro in Cleveland turned away 60 people and told them to stay home.
    Who is getting the vaccine? I know I will get the flu and the swine flu one both.

Oh, I hope you feel better soon.

I will likely get both vaccines when I have my annual physical in November, if my doc thinks I should. She usually makes sure I get the flu shot, so I am guessing she will recommend I get this one, too. I was hospitalized for asthma twice as an adult, and even thought that was quite a while ago, I don't want to repeat the experience because of some flu bug!
    I've Been Frosted

First, I hope you'll feel better soon!

OK I'm curious here... my sister and BIL have both got flu vaccines for years, yet they seem to get some kind of flu every year and generally seem to have a poorer health. They are about ten years older then me.

I have the impression that when you get all these vaccines (or antibiotics) your immune system will weaken. Isn't it better to just eat healthy and stay away from people coughing - if you can?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sorry to hear you don't feel well. We here in Indy have more reports
    of school closings every day. The Newscasts run reports from State Health
    Dept. advising ways to protect ourselves & when to seek treatment.

Hope you recover quickly.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

OK I'm curious here... my sister and BIL have both got flu vaccines for years, yet they seem to get some kind of flu every year and generally seem to have a poorer health. They are about ten years older then me.

I have the impression that when you get all these vaccines (or antibiotics) your immune system will weaken. Isn't it better to just eat healthy and stay away from people coughing - if you can?
    I don't know if that's true or not, but I've never gotten any of the vaccines because I hate being around needles and I really never get sick. I have a sore throat ever so often or a headache-but I seriously cannot remember the last time I had the flu or a virus.. I think it just kinda depends on the person and how strong their immune system is. Some get sick easier than others I suppose.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*