Thread: Did ya forget about us?

Did ya forget about us?

I'm sure! I haven't posted in awhile because I've been so busy... I'm starting college soon and have been getting ready for that. I'm getting my associates degree in Veterinary Technology... I'm pretty excited.

Thought I would update on my pups! Springen's back is healing well (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=153160), we take him on light walks a few times a week.
    Sams Colitis is back again (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...63#post2179463), and we are unsure what to do. The vet said we may have to permanantly put him on steriods if it keeps occuring much longer. That's the last thing I want to do since it's so hard on the liver, he's just so young. We'll just keep trying different dog foods and hope for a solution.

Anyways, here's some pics of my pups! Sorry for the low quality, they were taken with my cell phone.
    Click for larger... I'm on my bro's computer and the pictures are too large to post in the thread.
    Handsome boys posing for me

Cuddly Sam

Molli (not too happy I woke her up)
    Last edited by dab_20; 10-10-2009 at 03:17 PM.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Hey, good to hear from you! Of course we remember you - and your crew! Where are you going to school? You will be a great Vet Tech, of that I am sure!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen! I'm going to the Utah Career College. After that I may go on and get my bachelors degree at Globe University in Minnesota.
    I've been doing an internship at a Vet Hospital and I'm loving it

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Congrats on going to school, it's lots of fun. I'm currently doing my pre-veterinary degree. I really enjoy interning at vet clinics too. You get to see a lot of cool things. Your pups are absolutely adorable also. I LOVE boxers. Besides my sweet dals, they're one of my fave breeds.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Good to see you and your pups! Good to hear Springen's back is healing and I hope you can find a solution for Sam's colitis. Good luck with school!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yayyy! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you are going to Veterinary (technology) school!! You're going to LOVE IT! If you need any sort of help, feel free to PM me! (I'm going through the same program here in CA). When is your start date for school? And is it year round, like me?

It's great to see your puppers again! Good thoughts and prayers for Sam's colitis. Poor guy, I know EXACTLY how he feels. I myself have ulcerative colitis, very painful.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thanks for the comments everyone

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Yayyy! I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you are going to Veterinary (technology) school!! You're going to LOVE IT! If you need any sort of help, feel free to PM me! (I'm going through the same program here in CA). When is your start date for school? And is it year round, like me?
    Thanks! I'm very excited myself! I've actually had a lot of people (Vet Techs at the hospital I intern at) discourage me from it, since I don't HAVE to go to school in order to be a Veterinary Technician. But I personally want people who are caring for my animals to have went to school, and all pet owners should want that. Plus I get the opportunity to be a Technologist with my bachelors and go into more specialized things (nutrition interests me so I could do that).
    Thanks! I'm sure I'll need help sometime haha. I start a couple classes in January, and I'll be going full time in July. Yeah, it's year round.
    How are you liking your program so far?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Yes, I totally agree with you on the certified/registered/licensed Veterinaty Technicians.

School is going well.... I have a term project due next monday.... and it consits od 3 parts: site visit, paper, powerpoint presentation. We were given 3 different topics to choose from: Labratory, Food, Exhibition, or Avian and reptile animals. I chose labratory animals, and tomorrow I am heading to UCDavis to go and tour their primate department! It's the largest in North America!!! Should be fun!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

AWwwwwwww, super jealous! Lol I have always wanted to go to UCDavis for vet school. (Even just to see it, I hear it's beautiful there) But it's hella expensive and I don't think I would get in. Lol It's my "dream" school as my professor calls it. Have fun, that sounds like an awesome tour!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*