Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changed Dog Food - they LOVE it!

Thanks Ellie, when I went back to read it more I saw that. And no fish either, which is what Sugar would need. Hmmm, I may give that one a try!

Ellie, one bowl isn't going to tell you much other than will they eat it. Spanky, as a white dog, is going to have many of the same issues and reactions as my crew, due to the white coat / face lets you easily see the tearing problems. I do hope you give it a 3 week try, with no grains at all, not even in the treats. I'd love to hear what you see if any difference!

I have to laugh. The one ounce sample, with 10 cats? Not going to work for me, lol, I'd have to just take the plunge and BUY it. What we get ourselves into, eh? LOL

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Thanks Ellie, when I went back to read it more I saw that. And no fish either, which is what Sugar would need. Hmmm, I may give that one a try!

Ellie, one bowl isn't going to tell you much other than will they eat it. Spanky, as a white dog, is going to have many of the same issues and reactions as my crew, due to the white coat / face lets you easily see the tearing problems. I do hope you give it a 3 week try, with no grains at all, not even in the treats. I'd love to hear what you see if any difference!

I have to laugh. The one ounce sample, with 10 cats? Not going to work for me, lol, I'd have to just take the plunge and BUY it. What we get ourselves into, eh? LOL
    I bought the 4oz pkg for the dogs so it would be good for a few meals. My concern is - will they even eat it? If they do, then I'll get the big box. They love chicken, so I'll try it out that way to start, and then do other protein too, to give them variety.

Actually Myndi has more allergy issues than Sparky does. She's not as bad as she used to be - she had horrible dandruf - huge chunks - and constant scratching if I didn't get her a pred shot. She still gets a shot maybe every 3 or 4 months. Sparky gets the itchies, but not as much as Myndi - and he has that goopy eye gunk like Marlin does - and that beautiful pinky/brown fur on his legs and belly from licking!

Hopefully, their finicky little butts will gobble this up!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 10-09-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Use ground chicken. Lightly cook / brown in on the stove top. If it is already thawed, it will just need a minute.

Or use skinless boneless breasts. Boil them, break it up into their bowls. I'm telling you now, they will LOVE this, lol.

My dogs are my kids, they deserve homemade dog treats

Good decision not to buy in bag if you're not sure if your dog would eat those. In our case, we have three dogs: Meylie loves to eat fruits and she can live without meat. The other two Boyboy and Meimei loves to eat anything..as in anything. That's why we need to sweep and sort everything that these two can easily get from the kitchen floor. As keeper of this wonderful "kids", I really need to make sure they are getting quality dog treats everyday. So as their mom, I research ingredients that will be good for them and erase from my list those that aren't. Reading dog-related articles became my hobby since I took Meyli then added Meimei and Boyboy in the family. Now, I am a happy and inspired mom to three dogs. I was so inspired by this dog-related articles I've red from a site that truly cares for dog owners like me. It's good to know that they also sell quality, homemade dog treats for our "kids".
    http://woofgangbakerylakewoodranch.c...h-and-wellness

Its a good food, but try to ease off cooking the meat so much. Cooking is just a preference to us and it reduces the nutrients. Cooking "lightly" might also make more bacteria as the slight heat might cause it to reproduce but its not enough heat to kill it. You shouldn't feed a cat on a regular diet of cooked meat at all.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton