Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Luis "Boog Boog" Tribute added #24

Morgan Luis "Boog Boog" Tribute added #24

I thought I would update the other thread here. Some of these details are more for me to be able to remember than anything else.

Morgan did very well for several days. I was glad that I stayed home from Florida to be with him. Those were excellent days for us.

Last Wednesday I had to go dog sit. I just basically went over a few times to walk him and then spent the night there.

I got up Thursday morning I got up before 5 to come home and be with Morgan for awhile. He sat with me, and we had our normal quality time together. I had to do that so early because I that morning I had to be at the house I cleaned at 7:30. I went back and took the dog back out for a walk. Then I went across town to give the cat I was watching his insulin. I made it to work on time too! That afternoon after walking the dog again, I came home. Morgan and I took a very good 2 hour nap snuggled together. He was not eating or drinking very much.

Friday after doing the running back and forth between the dog sitting house and my house, I did my normal stuff. I did pick up some more Torb pain medicine and a variety of wet food. He ate and ate! That was so good to see. At the vet's office they reminded me that the metacam was a good pain medicine. So Friday night I gave him the metacam.

Saturday he just picked at his food. He would eat but only the smallest amounts. Saturday evening, I gave him more metacam and then he ate significantly more. It wasn't a lot, but compared to what he had been eating, it was significant. Shortly after eating, he threw it up. I did not want to have to drive him to the ER Vet, but I would not let him be in pain or suffer. After a few minutes, he calmed down and seemed good. This entire time, he was still acting like himself. He'd come sit with me and knead on my belly. He'd played with some of his toys. But he would walk over and look at his food or his water like he wanted it and then just walk away. I knew then I wasn't going to let him get any worse. I didn't sleep at the dog's house Saturday night. I went over there at 11PM and 5AM to walk him. Morgan started to sleep next to me but ended up sleeping on the floor behind where I was sleeping. I could hear his little breathing sounds. Around 4 he came up and cuddled with me. When he left, I went to walk the dog.

I woke up Sunday trying to decide if I needed to take him to the ER Vet or if we could wait until Monday and have him go where he knew the staff. Sunday wasn't bad. I didn't give him any more metacam. I'd just given him the Torb pain medicine. He wouldn't act like he was in pain. When he'd eat mostly, something bothered him. Sunday night he ate and drank a lot.

I went to sleep pretty well Sunday night but woke up around 2 AM. Around 2:15ish Morgan came in and fell asleep on my purring away. He was there for about half an hour or so. Then all of a sudden he took off out the door. I didn't know what was wrong. I was hoping he wasn't in pain. I waited several minutes and was just about to go back to sleep when I heard him back in the room crying. I jumped out of bed and turned on the light. To my utter shock, he had a dead mouse in his mouth for me! It was the strangest thing ever. He had caught a mouse his first week here with me when he was only 6 weeks old. Over the years, I had received a couple of mice as presents. I just couldn't believe I got one this morning.

I hope this helps remind me that he was never suffering. He was always Morgan. I still knew that every day he would get worse and never better. I refused to let him suffer. He was always a dignified, elegant cat. I would not let him lose that dignity, just so I could keep him with me a few more days. He did eat and drink some this morning as well. It wasn't anywhere his usual amount would have been, but he wasn't hungry.

I held him in my arms, wrapped in his gray blanket that we got with Fresh Step points and held him on the way to town. (In searching for that thread, I just realized that we received that blanket 2 days short of one year ago. How ironic!) I knew that my mom would want to go, but my dad also came to the vet's office with us. Once we got there, things were very peaceful and dignified. I would have wanted nothing less of Morgan. He just went to sleep laying his head on my arm while my mom used his "lubglub" to brush his fur.

I left his blanket with him. I'm having him cremated. I've never done that before. I'm not sure if I will want to keep his ashes or not. I've thought about planting a flowering crab apple tree and sprinkling them around it. But he was never outside. So I don't know. I do know that I'm going to have Glacier make me a memory bead or two. I think I may use some ashes for that. That way no matter what I end up doing with the box, I will always be able to have him with me in a way.

I keep telling myself that with time the sadness subsides but the memories last forever. Those memories will be precious ones for sure. Unlike many of you, the "rainbow bridge" doesn't bring me comfort. I believe that death is like a deep sleep. One day people will wake from that sleep and be resurrected so that we can be reunited with them, I just don't know that animals have that same hope. So for me, my comfort comes from knowing that Morgan is not and will never suffer and that his memory will live forever with me and those that loved him, and that he loved in return. I was able to make some paw prints in clay of his front feet. I loved his front paws! Especially when he would reach out and touch my face with one of them.

I've never been able to come up with words to describe him to submit his story for being a Cat of the Day. Perhaps that is because to me he was a Cat of a Lifetime. I will at least try to put together a tribute to post here with his "story" including how he got his names. I don't know if I've ever shared it on here before. The blanket link has some pictures of him. Here are a couple more. When I post his tribute, I'll pick a few more to add. He certainly had my heart, and I know I had his also.

May 6, 1998 - October 5, 2009
    Last edited by Moesha; 10-16-2009 at 06:03 PM.

I believe that Our Awesome Angels do have many many places where they go after thier time on Earth is over.
    Some go to Malls to be near people and the food court.
    Some go to schools and playgrounds to join the children in play.
    Some go too hospices to be with the Elderly.
    And some join the Awesome Angel Army spanning the globe , and seeinng all there is to see.
    Morgan Luis is with the Awesome Angels , and "Boog Boog" now has his Wings of Silver and Gold and after his initiation meal the Beach Cookout
    they are visiting the Killington Childrens Centre to be with the young people!!
    And then Morgan Luis " Boog Boog " will find a place where you can all be together years from now when its time to be together again.
    One Fine Day
    Last edited by catmandu; 10-07-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry to hear about Morgan. I know how special and close to you he was.

Rest In Peace Morgan
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so very sorry, Moesha.
    Keeping you in my prayers.

Moesha...I am so shocked and saddened by this. I thought his "medicine mush" would help, and he was eating so well Sunday night...

But I am reminded of the passing of my mom's cat Pyka (he was one of two Lilac point littermates that belonged to my late sister). He had had surgery for nasal cancer...and they didn't get it all. Mom was syringe feeding him at home (much to the surgeon's surprise - they said he had to have a tummy tube in because Orientals were "impossible" to syringe feed...little did they know about the love and bond between a cat and his Mom!). However, he never to eating on his own...and Mom and I decided that there was no point in waiting for the inevitable when he was really really sick and miserable. He was PTS on my birthday in 2007, a little over a year after my sister died.

I think it was the same with Morgan...why wait until he is truly suffering? I was so so hoping he would thrive.

Thank you for the pics...what a gorgeous grey boy, with those yellow eyes and thick velvety coat.

As I have quoted elsewhere: "Sometimes God takes our loved ones home to heal." - Carrie R., Colorado

Morgan, you are healed and whole and catching mousies for your Mom at the Bridge - and you will meet her in a wonderful place One Fine Day.

Moe, I truly hope that when we pass from the earth, we see all our beloveds again, including our furbabies. It just wouldn't be Heaven without them.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

These are very sad news.
    But I am still so glad you got that quality time to say good bye to Morgan.
    The only thing that helps a little is to know that we did not let them suffer
    Just like Tigris he enjoyed some special things- like bringing you that mouse.

This is a bad year for Pet Talk kitties. May he play happily at Rainbow Bridge.

My very deepest sympathy to you, Moe and all the others who love him so dearly, on the loss of your beloved Morgan. What a wonderful, special cat! Thank you for posting those sweet pictures of him.

Rest in peace, dearest boy, you are greatly loved and greatly missed.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry. Morgan will never leave your heart. Such a sweet, handsome boy!

Rest well, Morgan. You left your meowmie with many special memories.

I've been looking for information on Morgan since we got home Saturday night, and didn't have a good feeling when I didn't see it...I'm so sorry. I know only too well how you're feeling. As I've posted, my RB kitty Jamara had a very similar condition. She was also solid grey.

Morgan, sweetie, rest in peace - pain free. Moesha, peace to you and all who loved Morgan. I'm so sorry.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    LES - I just can't express how bad I feel for you Moe. Morgan is at peace now, and loves you for your last act of love and kindness bestowed on him. It's always a brave, yet heartbreaking decision to help them leave. May you find comfort knowing he no longer has to face the ordeal that he had ahead.

RIP Morgan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh Moesha, I can only say how bad I feel about Morgan's passing. He was such a lovely boy and I know your heart is sore right now. You said something very important and that is that he wasn't suffering and that his trip to the Bridge was peaceful and dignified. I'm so glad that it transpired that way. It made it so much easier for him and for you. RIP, dear Morgan and peace to you and your mom, Moesha.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my dear, the Bridge most definitely exists, or at least a place that our beloved pets go after they pass. Our dear Kitty came to me a couple of months after she died and foretold the deaths of both my boyfriend's mother and his precious cat, Tomas. I saw her in a vision while I was driving. We had been having some problems and she told me, I can still hear her voice, "Stay with Mr. Tony. He will need you in the near future as he will suffer two great losses. Do not leave him, please!" I heard this as clear as day and four months later, both his mother and Tomas passed within a day of each other. Yes, I do believe they live on and watch over us. Morgan will watch over you and love you still from where he is. Of this, I am sure. This may not happen with people, but I know animals go on. Love to you and may you feel peace.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

13. What a plush and lovely boy - your Morgan! Godspeed....Morgan Luis - you were so very, very loved - and gave so much in return.

I am so sorry to hear of Morgan's passing.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Morgan

I'm so sorry for your loss. Morgan is a beautiful kitty, and you did all you could to help him. They always seem to rally at times, and then it gives us hope, but there is a time when they let us know the end is near. Rest in Peace sweet Morgan.

Ann