Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiri (9/1993 - 9/30/2009)

Kiri (9/1993 - 9/30/2009)

I first saw Kiri in a Denver shelter when she was 3 1/2 months old. What a gorgeous kitten she was! A brown tabby with dark, dramatic circular markings. She was a shy little girl, but I was able to coax a purr out of her, and she came home with me. I adopted Kacey (who was the same age) at the same time, and the two of them were best friends from the start.

In her younger days, Kiri liked to unroll the toilet paper from time to time, but she really wasn't a mischief maker. She loved to sit in my lap, and she didn't like to be disturbed while doing so. She would rest one paw on my knee, and if that knee moved she'd sink in a claw just a little, just to let me know that I shouldn't plan on getting up anytime soon.

She also had a funny way of meowing. It was kind of like a yodel: meeeow-ow-OW. She stopped doing that as she got older, which was too bad because that meow always made me smile.

When she was 13, in the spring of 2007, Kiri's kidneys suddenly failed. She had no history of kidney problems (or any significant illness), and her favorite food at the time was on the list of foods that were contaminated with melamine, so I've always believed that the food caused her kidney failure even though the vets couldn't confirm it. She wasn't expected to survive.

But sweet, shy little Kiri turned out to have an iron will. Her kidneys started working again, and after extensive hospitalization, IVs, subQ fluids, and force feeding, she recovered. She never gained back much of the weight she'd lost, but inside that frail body was a mighty tough spirit. She handled the move to Illinois with no problem, and accepted the addition of a new kitten (Caly) to the family.

When Kiri suddenly came down with a respiratory infection, I took her to the vet immediately, hoping that prompt treatment could ward off any complications. But despite antibiotics and fluids, she didn't get better. She fought that illness with all the strength she had, but it just wasn't enough.

And so I had to let my brave lady go.

I loved her so much. She and Kacey were my lifeline on a number of occasions. I'm so grateful that I had another 2 1/2 years with her after her kidney episode, but no amount of time would have been enough.

I think it must have been a joyful reunion at the Bridge between Kiri and Kacey. I'm sure he wrapped his paws around her neck and gave the top of her head a good licking, just like he always did, before they settled in for a good cuddle.

Farewell for now, my beautiful Kiri. I'll never forget you.

Sweet Kiri you will immediately recognize Tigris at Rainbow Bridge because he wears such a dark necklace just like you and he could be your brother.
    You will leave big pawprints in the heart of your meowmie.

Beautiful Kiri, I am so sorry that you had to leave us, but I think that your reunion with Kacey would be very joyful.
    Rest easy sweet girl and watch over meowmie for us. She misses you so very much.

Kiri, I wish you didn't have to go but your little body said "Enough". Take your rest and then enjoy your new life at the Bridge. In the meantime, please take a moment to rest your paw on Mom's knee as you used to just to let her know that you're still w/her in spirit and that you're doing alright. RIP, pretty girl and peace to your mom.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry for your loss. You were a much loved kitty, Kiri.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

So sorry to read that Kiri has left us. Play hard at the Bridge, dear Kiri!

Rest easy Kiri

What a sweet story and tribute to your special girl. It brought tears to my eyes, for sure.

We have all lost some pets and it is never easy. We all feel your pain, really. When one more passes to the Bridge, we relive the death of our own.

I hope you find comfort in the memories and I also hope you find a place in your heart for new kitty some day.

RIP Kiri

Kacey has already taken Kiri to the Hotel on the Amafli Coast where Kiri will be fitted with Wings of Silver and Gold , and then Kacey and Kiri , once they are reunited will join Our Awseome Angel Army on an afternoon on the beaches and a big Fiesta tonight at the finest ristorantes!!
    And then a Big Awesome Angel All Night Party in a great Hotel where they have a court yard made for An Awesome Angel Picnic.
    Then Kacey and Kiri willjoin forces to find just that right place where You and Your Fur Companions can rendezvous when you are reunited in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Kiri sounds like she was an amazing kitty. I'm sure her and Kacey are happily reunited and feeling so good at the bridge together.
    I am so sorry you had to let her go.

RIP Kiri
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you all for your kind words. Kiri was such a sweetheart. As is so frequently the case with cats, everything happened too quickly. I hope she knew how much I loved her. I know she missed Kacey, so there's some comfort in thinking of them together again.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Kiri was such a beauty and I know that she knew that you loved her and you did everything you could for her. Now she's with Kacey again so she sure won't be lonely at the Bridge. RIP sweet girl. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry for your loss, it's so sad when one of our beloved angels have to go back to heaven

Big hugs to you
    RIP sweet Kiri
    astrid

Kacey and Kiri are just waiting for Meowmie to come and join their party! What a reunion that will be! You still love her and she loved you, so you just know they are saving you a seat!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

14. What a wonderful picture you painted in words of your beloved Kiri...

She loved to sit in my lap, and she didn't like to be disturbed while doing so. She would rest one paw on my knee, and if that knee moved she'd sink in a claw just a little, just to let me know that I shouldn't plan on getting up anytime soon.
    I smiled when I read that.

Godspeed Kiri.

Rest in peace, beautiful and beloved Kiri.

My very deepest sympathy to your family and friends (furry or not).
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery