Thread: Long Over-Due Update....*PICS*

Long Over-Due Update....*PICS*

Hello PT friends.

I have been away for a long time and I apologize, but I had some family things going on....my family has lost 3 loved ones in less then a year. I needed some time just for me....though with all these animals and my kids....that is NOT possible. Dave and I have had a really rough first year of marriage, but these furry faces make us feel so much better....that and hugs from our boys!!

Here are some pictures of Scruff and the gang.

ENJOY!!!

Our Handsome Scruff just before his 5th birfday!

Scruff snuggling with our foster kitten, Burnie.

Scruff dozing off on our bed.

Scruff - begging for a treat.

More in next post.........
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 09-30-2009 at 12:40 AM.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Do you all remember Piglet???http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=151201 (in case you don't.)

Well, here are some pictures of him as he has grown from March till today. As Scooter's Mom said in that thread.....he has become a foster failure! We love him SOOOO much! We had him online and at events for months, and nobody seemed to be the "right" person.

He is such a good boy. He know the hand signals for "sit", "come', "stay", and "off". I swear some days I think he is NOT deaf... Enjoy the pics.

3 months - trying to raise donations at an adoption event.

3 months.

In his favorte bed....he still tries to fit in there - even at 50lbs!!

Piggie and Scruff

about 4 months with his big brother Scruff. They are INSEPERABLE!

Right around 5 months - His normal sleeping position!

Pigs at around 6 months.

Pigs at around 7 months

Pigs at around 8 months.

More in next post......

www.rornfp.org

Pigs (about 8 months) with our foster cat Burnie.

And Piglet Today.......around 9 months old. We think he is a Boxer/Staffie or Boxer/Bulldog mix. He weighs about 50lbs and is very short and stocky. Very muscalur though. I love him to pieces...I tell Dave, "he's not a dog, he's my Pigs - Boxer/Pig mix!".

Still fits in his small puppy bed!!! And he LOVES it!!

MY FAVE PICTURE! Pigs and Scruff....best buds!! Look at that tongue on Pigs!!!

Remember Butch? http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=148291

He is still with us and more than likely will not go anywhere, but here. He is our third canine kid! He is so scared of men that he pees himself...even now after over a year of working with him...he will only allow Dave, myself, and the boys to be close to him. He is so playful with us and really happy here....so, here he will stay. He has to be crated when people are over, as he is very, very leery of humans...and who can blaim him with all the abuse he went through. Here are some before sugery and after pics.

November of '08. You can see how bad his eyes are from the Entropia.

3/09 - It took a while for us to be able to afford his expensive surgery, but here he is the day after his surgery.

4/09 - A month and a half after surgery....he is so scared now that he can REALLY see!!

And my Butch today.....look how much more relaxed he seems. He loves us...and he is my left hip!! LOL!

Well, I hope you enjoyed the pics of our pets. I will post some rescue pups later this week. I am back, hopefully no more long MIA runs for me!!!
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 09-29-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Add picture of Pigs! :)

www.rornfp.org

Awwww!! They're all so adorable. Each in their own way.. but so cute! Butch reminds me of Eli.. in more than one way. He too is scared of men, but not so much he'll pee. Poor guy. Thats just awful. And Mr Piglet.. I remember the original post. He's so cute. And Scruff is so handsome as well. Much love for your three pooches and the little kitty.

And hugs to you, losing three loved ones in one year. That has to be so hard.. It's good knowing your animals are there to support you. I know mine are for me. =)

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Piglet is adorableeee!!! Is a dalmatian mix? Oh hecks, they're all ADORABLE!!!!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by Seravieve View Post
    And hugs to you, losing three loved ones in one year. That has to be so hard.. It's good knowing your animals are there to support you. I know mine are for me. =)
    Thank you Seravieve - it was very hard, but you are right, our fur-kids helped us get through it, along with my two legged kids!

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    Piglet is adorableeee!!! Is a dalmatian mix? Oh hecks, they're all ADORABLE!!!!
    Thank you MonicanHonda - Piglet is actually part Boxer and well, we are not sure! Maybe Bulldog or Staffie. Scruff, who looks more Dalmatian, is actually a Great Dane/Pointer Mix. Butch is a Boxer/Collie mix. Weird combos for my 3 boys!! But I love 'em!!

www.rornfp.org

I can see the pointer in Scruff. Such a cutie.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Its so nice to hear from you and your gang.

Its great to see that your pups are doing so well. That picture of Scruff and the kitty is too cute, and it is crazy how little Piglet has grown into such a big, handsome boy! Butch sure is handsome, too. I am glad he is now an official member of your family.. it sounds like he belongs there.

You are an amazing person for helping out so many animals. I wish more people were like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Its so nice to hear from you and your gang. Its great to see that your pups are doing so well. You are an amazing person for helping out so many animals. I wish more people were like you.
    Tracy -- What Oyster said! HUG, HUG, HUG for Scruff, Piglet and Butch!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good to hear from you! Your pups are adorable.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thank you everybody. It is really nice to be back! I felt so bad for being gone for so long, but I really was having a rough time. Days are still a blur at times....but everyday gets better. Last Monday (9/21) was Dave and my one year anniversary, and last Sunday (9/27) was one year for Dave's mom....we can't believe it's been that long since she passed.

Our pups really help us get by sometimes. Especially Piglet....he is so comical and the love that him and Scruff share for each is just amazing. Scruff will lay by Pigs and lick him constantly, and Pigs will do the same. Piglet is never far from our site....he always has to see us. The vet and some dog trainers say that is normal for deaf dogs. He adores us all and we really love him too. Butch is getting so much better. Today when I let him out of his crate (he is crated at night, as is Piglet), he was so excited that he actually jumped on me! Nearly knocked me down...he is so strong. He weighs about 85lbs...big boy!

Thank you again for all the nice comments and the "welcome backs"! It warms my heart to have such good PT friends!

www.rornfp.org