Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a little kid still somewhere inside?

a little kid still somewhere inside?

there must be something that everyone still likes/likes to do, that you did as a kid and no one thought about it then but you would be embarrassed to do now? come on, there has to be something?

I like merry-go-rounds. I used to take my neices and nephews on them when they were little, now they are grown, and I am too embarrassed to go on one by myself, I sure do miss it! I always said oh well the kids wanted to go so I went on with them...hehe I guess I will have to wait for the next generation to go on one with them, thing is I may be too crippled by then LOL, even now I am not sure I could pull myself up on one of those things anymore.

Well I'm only 21...I don't know if you meant this for older people or what LOL but with Halloween comin up I enjoy picking out my niece's costume and getting her prepared for it. I actually miss dressing up and going from door-to-door getting candy I'd still do it if I didn't feel too old!!
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    Well I'm only 21...I don't know if you meant this for older people or what LOL but with Halloween comin up I enjoy picking out my niece's costume and getting her prepared for it. I actually miss dressing up and going from door-to-door getting candy I'd still do it if I didn't feel too old!!
    LOL well kiddo I am 27 years older than you.

anyway I meant anyone that is an adult, wanting to do the things they did as a child. you are still young, go ahead and dress up, go get candy, even tho you are an adult you are still a "kid", 21 is not too old. have fun going door to door bring me some candy LOL

when you are older you may wish you had gone with your neice. I remember something I read that Cher said once..."you won't regret the things you did, but you will regret the things you never did."
    Last edited by allmycats; 10-07-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Hahaha LOL!!! Maybe I might do that
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

ok remember I want some candy too

I really like watching cartoons sometimes.

by merry-go-rounds you mean like a carousel, or the things on the playground you spin yourself? I like carousels, they're probably the only ride that doesn't make me puke, LOL There is a certain artistic beauty to the carved animals too.

I still like to play jacks. I'm definitely not as good as I was then, certainly not as quick, not the same hand/eye coordination but it's still fun.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I really like watching cartoons sometimes.

by merry-go-rounds you mean like a carousel, or the things on the playground you spin yourself? I like carousels, they're probably the only ride that doesn't make me puke, LOL There is a certain artistic beauty to the carved animals too.
    lol you made me laugh I meant the carousel, the horses but I know what you mean, I did actually like the playground merry go round as a kid, BUT I would kill myself on one of those now, I wouldn't even try it!

Quote Originally Posted by allmycats View Post
    lol you made me laugh I meant the carousel, the horses but I know what you mean, I did actually like the playground merry go round as a kid, BUT I would kill myself on one of those now, I wouldn't even try it!
    LOL, there's one at the Falls and I got on it the other day and let my brother spin me around on it...he got me to going sooo fast lol, but it was lots of fun

Life is no fun if you have to be an adult 24/7/365.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Life is no fun if you have to be an adult 24/7/365.
    so what do you do ?

I like watching kids cartoons on Saturday mornings at work. For some reason the Emperors New School and The Replacements always make me laugh

Trust me, I am thankful I have a job that allows me to do this lol.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I still like stuffed animals, and will buy one if it really tickles my fancy. I especially like the fluffy dogs and cats. The window seat in my bedroom is piled high with an assortment of different ones, and there are some smaller ones in a basket on the nightstand.

And I still love to ride the ferris wheel - the bigger the better!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I LOVE to swing on the park swings. We got a swing set this summer and I was bummed because the plastic seats are molded to fit kids' butts, not mature adult butts

And I kid you not -- I want to do cartwheels in the worst way. I just will not do it for fear someone sees a slightly overweight woman falling in a not-so- graceful manner

I was at the store last week and bought Circus Peanuts for Cameron because he's obsessed with the color orange. I ended up eating every last one BEFORE they even got home. Hubby was laughing at me in the car -- I kept making yum-yum noises and repeating "tastes like childhood"

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by allmycats View Post
    so what do you do ?
    He probably plays cops and robbers and is armed with all his guns.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~