Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neko could use some good thoughts

Neko could use some good thoughts

Neko's not feeling well. He has an anal abcess (which he normally gets about once a year) I know the drill and it's easy to take care of.

The part that worries me and is different this time is he hasn't stopped vomiting since Friday night. He vomits all his food up. Thought it was the clavamox, so I stopped it but he's still vomiting food. So Hec's off to the store to get him some pepsid.

If that doesn't work, he'll go back to the vet. I'm just worried that something else is going on...
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Of course Our Prayers are coming for Neko, and we are so sad that Our Dear Old Friend is not feeling well.
    Neko was one of Our Furst Friends when we first came on Pet Talk years ago, and we are hoping and raying that Your Vet can help him throuh his illness.
    Neko is such a Great Cat
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Unfortunately, the vet I had for the last 12 years decided to move to Florida, so I am now putting my faith the in dr. who took over the practice. I can only hope that she is as good as Dr. W was......
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Thoughts and prayers going up for Neko.... hope he feels better soon!!

Sending good thoughts Neko's way. Get well soon, baby!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Prayers and good wishes and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9259107) for Neko, that all is well very soon.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for Neko.

Poor baby. Happy thoughts and prayers for him!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I hope he does better. Sorry he is under the weather.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear this. I sure hope that he'll start feeling better soon. I do know that my Storm became very sick when he was on Clavamox and I even had to take him back to the vet. The vet said that some cats do become sick from this antibiotic. Maybe this is still the cause and he just has to get it out of his system. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear this. I sure hope that he'll start feeling better soon. I do know that my Storm became very sick when he was on Clavamox and I even had to take him back to the vet. The vet said that some cats do become sick from this antibiotic. Maybe this is still the cause and he just has to get it out of his system. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))
    That's what the vet kinda thought too, but the strange thing is, he's had clavamox more times than I can count! with no problems.

He wouldn't take his pepsid last night. He is impossible to pill! Big man knows how to spit it back up so now I'm going to crush it up and give it to him that way- I hope it will work.
    I love my furkid Neko!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Prayers and good wishes and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9259107) for Neko, that all is well very soon.
    Thank You so much! I lit one for him as well
    I love my furkid Neko!

It's always scary when a vet leaves or retires. I was heartbroken when mine retired but I found my current vet and he's wonderful, so keep the faythe. In the meantime, we'll send up prayers for Neko that all will be well quickly. Perhaps talk to your vet about Convenia. It's an antibiotic by injection that lasts for two weeks, very convenient (obviously, thus the name).
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prays coming for Neko that his new vet will treat him as good as the other vet and he'll be healed up in no time.

Melissa

I hope Neko is feeling better soon. I also hope you have good luck with the new doc.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)