http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nphotos/sli...um-speaks.html

'I can't take it!' cried Kadhafi interpreter: report

Fri Sep 25, 3:42 PM

NEW YORK (AFP) - If Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi's rambling, podium-hogging speech at the United Nations tried the patience of many UN delegates, spare a thought for his simultaneous interpreter.

Libyan leader Colonel Moamer Kadhafi pounds his fist on the podium as he speaks during the United Nations General Assembly September 23, 2009 at UN headquarters in New York. Khadafi's interpreter managed to hang on for the first 75 minutes of Wednesday's epic before crying: 'I just can't take it anymore!' reported the New York Post. Photo:Stan Honda/AFP

The Libyan's interpreter managed to hang on for the first 75 minutes of Wednesday's epic before crying: "I just can't take it anymore!" reported the New York Post daily.

Spotting the emergency, the UN's Arabic section chief, Rasha Ajalyaqeen, took over for the final 20 minutes.

"His interpreter just collapsed," a colleague was quoted as saying by the Post. "This is the first time I have seen this in 25 years."

Speeches by heads of state to the UN during the annual, week-long General Assembly are meant to last a quarter hour maximum.