Thread: Insanity?

Insanity?

We're refiinishing the downstairs thanks to all of your encouragement. Its a major mess!!! I am questioning my sanity at this point. Did we tackle a project too large?

Dust is EVERYWHERE, including places I never even saw dust before.

The dust Blizzard of 2009:

Mikey asking me if we plan on cleaning up soon

That was two days ago. We cleaned up the dust downstairs.... upstairs is still mighty dusty We'll worry about the dust upstairs once I get things under control downstairs.

First coat in progress:

This is the laminate I was aiming to match color-wise

Cameron never misses a photo op, so he jumped in as I was photographing the color comparison of laminate vs. stained wood.

I took today, tomorrow, and friday off to stain. My whole body hurts! I got blisters on my TOES!!! We locked the cats in the room with Callie all day. Nobody fought, but Mikey DID get out a couple times (NO idea how he did!) and every time Mikey got out, Callie took advantage of the open bedroom door

I'll probably be doing the second coat at 10:00 tonight --- hence the insanity concept Everything is drying nicely. I even have the bedroom door open to give the kitties freedom before the second coat goes on. It dry enough for them to walk on it without ruining it.

LOVE the color!!!! I'll have to see how you did it, so I can do mine in the future!

It's looking great! And Cameron is well-trained, "the camera is out, so she must want a picture of me!"
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kim ~ You guys are doing an amazing job!

After we sheetrocked, mudded, taped and sanded this summer -- I'm still finding dust. If you have window screens, don't forget to hose them off. I couldn't figure out why the mountains looked so foggy and cloudy until I realized there was about a pound of dust on the screens.

I'm glad you decided to refinish the original floors. They look great.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Wow...what hard, hard backbreaking work you are doing! But it is going to look fabulous! Are you wearing dust/surgical masks?

And Cam - he looks SO grown up compared to the last time I saw pics of him. How old is he now?

Hope you get some rest soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Excellent work!You will have something to be proud of for many years! Not to mention it's always good to learn a new skill! Please wear a mask so you don't get sick now or later on! Good job!
    Claudia

Great looking job! The floor looks way better then the laminate.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

You are doing a fabulous job! I know that you won't be sorry once it's done. What's a little dust here and there. . .

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

I LOVE hardwood floors! I think they are the prettiest floors ever! I can't wait to see the end results when all the "dust has cleared"! LOL!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    I LOVE hardwood floors! I think they are the prettiest floors ever! I can't wait to see the end results when all the "dust has cleared"! LOL!
    I don't think all the dust ever clears.

It's been over 2 years since we had some drywall and ceiling work done in here, and I'm still finding dust from it in the darndest places. Don't know if I even want to think about refinishing the wood floor in the family room.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Look good so far! Once you are done and everything is back in order and the dust cleared you will be so happy that you went through this!

I had my downstairs bathroom redone about 3 years ago. I had to use the upstairs bathroom for about 4 months while it was being renovated and I questioned the mess too but now that it is done I love it!

Han gin there! It really does look fantastic! Remember, this is what, a week, 10 days of aggravation, for a floor you get to enjoy for YEARS! Plus, you get to tell folks, "we were insane, we did it ourselves!" LOL

The floor is looking very nice

It's looking fantastic!!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21