Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please keep Kiri in your thoughts.

How is Kiri today?

Quote Originally Posted by kb2yjx View Post
    How is Kiri today?
    Thanks for asking about my little girl. She's still at the vet's, and I can't visit her today because the clinic is closed. She'll be watched, though.

Yesterday she was the same. Still not wanting to eat, although she sniffed the food a couple of times. She's obviously uncomfortable, and yet she's still fighting this thing. The vet said that she's been up and meowing on a couple of occasions, and he was encouraged by that. He's going to try yet another antibiotic.

She may have an intestinal disturbance in addition to the respiratory problems--she's got a lot of gas and has vomited a couple of times. I left a message for the vet this morning to tell him that one of my other cats (Gatsby) is showing signs of an intestinal bug, although neither he nor anybody else is having respiratory issues.

I hope poor Gatsby doesn't get a bad case of whatever this is. He's already on antibotics because of his ongoing URI problem, but starting yesterday he hasn't eaten as much as usual, he's thrown up twice, and he's had one bout of nasty diarrhea. Despite that, he's acting like his usual affectionate self, so I'm not frantic yet. If he's not over it by tomorrow, off he goes to the clinic where Kiri's hospitalized to see whether they can figure this out.

I'm glad that Kiri is still fighting and I sure hope that she'll pull through. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I'm sorry to hear that now Gatsby is showing signs of illness. Do your cats all eat the same kind of food? If so then maybe it has something to do with that. Prayers and positive thoughts are also on the way for Gatsby.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Do your cats all eat the same kind of food?
    No, Gatsby has been eating s/d dry and c/d canned prescription food since early August because of his urinary tract issues. He has his own room, so he doesn't have any access to the other cats' food, and they don't have any access to his. Kiri and the others eat Pinnacle, Merrick, Instinct, and Homestyle. So I don't think that food is the culprit.

So far Gatsby isn't having serious problems. I suppose it's possible that his current antibiotic is causing an upset tummy, but he'd been taking it for several days without any trouble.

Prayers continue for Kiri, and now will add Gatsby, too!!! HUGS!!!!!!!

My brave girl is losing her fight.

Barring a miracle, I'll be letting my darling Kiri go tomorrow. Antibiotics aren't having any effect on the infection, and B-vitamin and steroid injections haven't done anything to stimulate her appetite. She's fought so hard, but she's so tired. I can't ask her to do more.

My sweet tabby girl. I'm just heartsick.

I am so sorry to hear this.

PT Prayers for a miracle...a real miracle. Your poor baby, and poor you.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll also be praying for a PT miracle. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Oh no, I hope it doesn't come to this but if it does, we'll be w/you every step of the way in spirit. You're doing right by Kiri either way. (((HUGS)))
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry- but you will know whether it is time or not.
    Hugs!

LES

I am so sorry to hear this. I have only been through this once and I don't know how I'll handle it when I have to do it again (hopefully many years from now).

You and Kiri are in my thoughts. And I hope Gatsby is getting better.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Darling Kiri is at the Bridge.

My brave and beautiful tabby girl was PTS late yesterday afternoon. She just couldn't fight anymore. Her passing was extraordinarily peaceful.

I'll post her memorial later today. Right now I need to go cry a little more.

I am so sorry to hear this
    Now there will be a tabby reunion at Rainbow Bridge as Tigris and Peony will be standing there with some catnip for sweet Kiri.

I'm so sorry. {{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry about precious Kiri.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb