Thread: filtered water

filtered water

one of my cats had crystals in her urine some time back and the vet said tap water is not good, it has too much calcium, that can cause crystals and bladder problems. I only give my cats filtered water now, too bad because 3 of them used to love to drink form the faucet

Now my cats get bottled cold water..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

if your cats like drinking moving water from the faucet, they'd probably enjoy one of the pet fountains filled with the filtered water. My cats drank a lot of water when I had the fountain going. I just got tired of having to fill it up all the time a I can't seem to find any larger ones here locally.

I use Brita water for my kitties. Many years ago, I had a roommate...she had two cats, I had one. I had a huge room as a bedroom, so kept Dave in there (the cat). I would let him out occasionally though, and he would make a beeline for the other cats' water dish. I told Dave he had water already...my roommate then said that she used filtered water. She said cats like it - it tastes more like rainwater cause there isn't any 'people additives' in it.

There are generic pitchers and filters now...some pitchers that are in great shape can be found in second hand stores. I just wash them with hot water, soap and some bleach, and rinse well. They work great.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    if your cats like drinking moving water from the faucet, they'd probably enjoy one of the pet fountains filled with the filtered water. My cats drank a lot of water when I had the fountain going. I just got tired of having to fill it up all the time a I can't seem to find any larger ones here locally.
    I tried that, spent $50, it was a no go!

I use Brita as well , its the best I can do for My Dear Thirtsy Found Ctas, especially my Three Seniors!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Our tap water has lots of chlorine in it. My very first cat ever, Amber (RB Mr. Amber Cat) refused to drink it. So I would get spring water for him and I . . . used the tap water! After a bit, I realized that was nuts, so I bought a Brita. I use that for everything now.

Chestnut and Crystal still enjoy it from the tap.

I've always given the cats filtered water; I assumed that since I hated the taste of our tap water, probably the cats did as well. They love their filtered water and it's good to know it's better for them. (But Sassy still drinks from the faucet occasionally!)
    Gin

I invested in a Drinkwell Fountain with a 6 cup reservoir. They love it and it automatically filters the water.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I've used a Brita pitcher for years now, for me and the cats!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery