Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of kitty is he?

What kind of kitty is he?

I recently brought home a foster kitty from the shelter that I intend on adopting once he is all healed up. He got hit by a car and had a big open wound on his leg. I believe he is a siamese mix of some sort, but have been unable to find anything online that looks like him.

I also am trying to come up with the perfect name for him, but have been unable to find anything that just fits, you know? He is Oliver for now (the name the shelter gave him) but I just don't think it suits him. Any input would be much appreciated.

I just signed up so I don't know if I can post pictures yet, so I will just give a brief description for now. He is mostly white, his entire under belly and all four legs. On his back he has random big spots of lightish brown (like cola), some of them with VERY faint tabby like stripes in them. He has a big spot on top of his head, kind of looks like a hat he has a bit of white on his ears, his face is completely white with the bridge of his nose being brown and spilling out onto his face just a little bit. His tail is all dark brown except for the very tip, which is white.

Here is a link to his picture: http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/q...ice/Oliver.jpg

Very cute, but not enough of a pic to tell, really. Description could be a lynx point siamese mix; see if you can post a more thorough picture of the coloring.

Welcome to PT!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'd say snowshoe mix, but he's cute whatever he is. My Toby is a snowshoe and he has some very light striping on some of his darker brown parts (legs and head). You can see a few stripes on his front leg in my signature pic

I think he needs a "car" name, given his history. Something cool like Dodge, Freeway, or Bumper. When people ask how you got his name you can tell everyone your adoption story.

More pictures

I like his nose spots

You have some handsome boys there Did you get them at the same time?

I would also guess snowshoe mix as the most likely, but the fact that all his spots are on top and his underside and legs are completely white makes me wonder, since snowshoes have the point coloring with white mixed in. He's white with chocolate mixed in.

Here's some pictures of my other baby, just to share He's the seal point. The lynx point we had for a while, but had to get rid of because she was the DEVIL. lol He's older & bigger now, and a lot darker, but it's hard to get a good picture because his face is SO dark it blends in with everything.

yeah I got both of my boys at the same time, but they are not related (Havoc is younger). The Humane Society had them both listed as snowshoe. Toby originally came from a breeder and certainly looks the part, but I think Havoc is a Siamese mix since I can't find any official info anywhere on lynx pointed snowshoes. I love 'em both no matter what they are. Toby's rather hard-headed and obnoxious sometimes but Havoc is a real sweetie.

Sounds like a typical siamese I was just wondering because I got my boys seperate, so could use some advice on how long it might take my kitty to get use to the new guy. They don't seem to mind each other much, no hissing or growling, but my current kitty seems less enthused about his new friend lol.

He's beautiful! I love his face How about the name Smudge?

XXXXXXXXXXXAll our children have paws!
    XXXXXXXXNewman, Lexie, Molly, Emma, Billy,
    XXXXXXXXJess, Jinx, Midge, Sofie, and Tiger

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge:
    Our kitties, Simmy, Duke, Blackie, Mama Cat, Riley, April, and Chloe.
    Our dogs, Shilo, Misty, Nikki, and Shadow.
    We miss you. Play gently until we meet again.

I would say Siamese/Domestic shorthair mix, given his face shape, and his markings are classic "black and white DSH" of the type we always called "cow kitty" and the browning of his markings and his blue eyes are Siamese.
    I've Been Frosted

Awwww he's a "Heinz 57" and a handsome one at that! I like the name Smudge.

So he's a mutt kitty lol. That's sort of what I figured. Smudge is a cute name, and even goes with Seraph.

On another note, they are getting acclimated with each other well enough, however, I have noticed something that I am unsure about. They don't really play together yet, but Seraph was never much of a player anyways.

They will start to groom each other, and then Oliver (Smudge) will bite onto him, usually on his throat if it's visible, but on his back as well. Seraph never really makes much of a fuss about it, so I don't think that it hurts him (there was only once I heard him cry out) so it doesn't seem aggressive, but it doesn't seem playful either? He just bites on and won't let go. I don't know if he's trying to get him to play, trying to establish dominance, or what? There's been absolutely no hissing, no growling, no signs at all that they dislike each other, so this is rather curious to me. Anyone have any ideas?

I replied in your other thread.

(formerly Krazyboutkatz) Thank you, KAK, it's great to be here. Everyone is so nice! I just can't get enough of the pics of everyone's cuties!!!!! And, as you can see, Karen worked magic and changed my name. Here's a pic of my Nikki.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Why is the image of Nikki small?