Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noisy kids/noisy neighbors

I can relate because my arrangement is similar to KAK's.

Do you have a property manager, a landlord, or someone else who could talk to them, instead of you being the one to talk to them?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks for the advice everyone - and for your support and sympathy! Well, I guess for the time being, I won't say anything because it will soon be winter, which means I can close the windows when they are too annoying.

Talking to the landlords won't be easy, because the landlords of the neighbor house are the children of my own landlords. And they are befriended with the sister of the mother of these girls. And she - their aunt - is a former co-worker of mine, and she's living in the same house where I live, one floor down. So, as you can see, entire neighborhood is something like a huge clique, and I have to be careful to not step on any toes... That's why I haven't said something so far. It's difficult.

It was the screaming banshee she became during the "special moments" with her husband.
    LOL, the same happened here a couple of weeks ago. It was a hot summer night and obviously a couple some houses down the street forgot to close the window. I thought someone was slaughtered, and it sounded like a dog was involved, too. The next day, I asked my neighbor if he had also heard these strange sounds, and said that it was just a couple having "fun". LOL Still wondering about the dog though...

We moved out to an acreage outside of Calgary to get away from all the city crap.
    That sounds wonderful!! I would love to live somewhere where I have some peace!!

Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I lived in an apartment building in the ground floor and for the last 5-6 months I lived there a newly wed couple had the unit above.

I could not look at the gal when I saw her in the garage because I would start to laugh.

Was it her workout with aerobics? Nope.
    Was it her early morning prep to go to work? Nope.
    Was it her walking about the apartment during the day?

NOPE!

It was the screaming banshee she became during the "special moments" with her husband. There was another apartment building next door and that building made noise echo back and forth.

It was interesting and I thought it was nice that she was a religious person during that time.

She was always calling out to "god". I never knew prayer could be so intense?
    LOL when I first moved to Eugene I lived underneath a guy who was very good with the laides. Since our bedroom was directly under his we got a very good idea of exactly how good he was! He never got offended when we told him to try to tone it down later in the evenings but his lady friends always seemed to be annoyed lol.

Oh, I'm sorry Kristen! I sometimes know how you feel!
    When I was a kid, my parents would constantly remind me and my sister or any friends we had over that "We have neighbors!!"

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I can't stand noisy anyone! Kids, adults, dogs, music, whatever. I have a general noise intolerance. I will never forget the live band practices in the house next door before and after J was born. M-W-F, from 4-7 or even 8 sometimes. I was so stressed by it all. I couldn't sit in my house with my windows opened. Horrible, horrible situation. I remember calling the police (after talking to the neighbors at length about it). I remember the 'boy' justifying his position of practicing there, rather than elsewhere, "my parents are the only ones that allow it". Ya think?

He has grown up (mildly) and out, lives in CA most of the time, with a wife and kids here, and I never hear practices anymore.

I completely understand and sympathize I've been getting really annoyed lately and have been meaning to post about the exact same thing. I think you are completely in your rights to say something if the girls are that old! I haven't complained but that's because the kids here are 5-7 and it just sometimes joyful screaming from the pool area. However, there are times when it's SCREAMING for 5-6 hours a day! One of the other tenants finally screamed out their window "SHUT THE F* UP!" which I thought was a bit harsh but justified! LOL!
    I am fortunate that we have large fountains here that create "white noise" so it drowns out hearing other people. That water sound constantly is sometimes irritating as well. It's just part of living in an apartment.
    I do want to write some simple rules about apartment life. Like: Don't slam doors! Our apartments are ATTACHED and crap falls off my walls! Don't talk on your cell phone under my window after 9PM. You might as well be sitting on my bed! Don't smoke outside my screen door! (an apartment complex got sued over that one nearby..secondhand smoke hazards!)
    I've heard these are very effective. Might be worth it if you have trouble every summer. http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...ones/index.jsp

Claudia

LOL when I first moved to Eugene I lived underneath a guy who was very good with the laides. Since our bedroom was directly under his we got a very good idea of exactly how good he was! He never got offended when we told him to try to tone it down later in the evenings but his lady friends always seemed to be annoyed lol.
    OMG!! LOL Well, your complaints made Mr. Bombastic probably more pround than ashamed!

When I was a kid, my parents would constantly remind me and my sister or any friends we had over that "We have neighbors!!"
    Well, unfortunately, things have changed a lot since we were young!

I can't stand noisy anyone! Kids, adults, dogs, music, whatever. I have a general noise intolerance. I will never forget the live band practices in the house next door before and after J was born. M-W-F, from 4-7 or even 8 sometimes. I was so stressed by it all. I couldn't sit in my house with my windows opened. Horrible, horrible situation
    That sounds just awful!! That situation would have driven me mad!!!

Last night, I heard someone in the neighborhood playing the drums!! I have no idea where it came from, and who of my neighbors got a new toy, but if this continues, I will find out and call the police, if necessary!! It was already midnight when the noise stopped, and it wasn't even a weekend! How rude and reckless can some people be?!

However, there are times when it's SCREAMING for 5-6 hours a day! One of the other tenants finally screamed out their window "SHUT THE F* UP!" which I thought was a bit harsh but justified! LOL!
    Same here, and believe me, there are times when I'm very close to yelling something out of the window. But there are rules in Germany that you have no right to complain about noisy children, no matter how loud they are, or how late it is.

Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post

But there are rules in Germany that you have no right to complain about noisy children,
    no matter how loud they are, or how late it is.
    WHAT??

Good Grief - that's kinda hard to swallow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    WHAT??

Good Grief - that's kinda hard to swallow!

It's true. Sometimes cases like that are brought to court, but the judges are always on the childrens' side. Noise caused by children has always to be tolerated by others, and you have no right to complain. Quite the contrary, you even have to careful to mention that the kids' noise is bothering you, 'cause you'll be quickly labelled as a child hater.

Kirsten

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    It's true. Sometimes cases like that are brought to court, but the judges are always on the childrens' side. Noise caused by children has always to be tolerated by others, and you have no right to complain. Quite the contrary, you even have to careful to mention that the kids' noise is bothering you, 'cause you'll be quickly labelled as a child hater.

Kirsten
    So are you allowed to complain about noisy adults? If you are, it seems that something is wrong with the picture as a whole. How are kids to learn that excessive noise won't be tolerated when they become adults, if they aren't taught that is how they should conduct themselves as children???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

So are you allowed to complain about noisy adults?
    Yup, we can do that, at least after 10pm. For example if you call the police 'cause someone's playing loud music in the middle of the night, the cops would show up and tell them to turn down the volume.

How are kids to learn that excessive noise won't be tolerated when they become adults, if they aren't taught that is how they should conduct themselves as children???
    Good point. Well, obviously a study has been made saying that children these days are selfish and narcistic, and I think this may be one of the causes. Another problem is that they don't know any limits or restrictions. My parents own a restaurant, and it was only yesterday that my mother told me about a child's birthday party that has been celebrated there. The kids would have burned french fries with the candles that were on the tables for decorations. She said the smell was really bad since they have covered the french fries with wax before. She told the kids not to do so, but the parents of the kids just laughed about their pranks. Makes you wonder...

Kirsten

People just do not respect the rights of others any more. My neighbor blasts me out of my bedroom with his stereo. Our houses are only a few feet away. I have asked him hundreads of times to not play his stereo so loud. He always says, "sorry". He does turn it down then but is right back at it in a day or two.

Sometimes he waits until after midnight when I'm alseep. almost knocks me out of bed. So, I put my cd of Alvin and the chipmunks in my tvs dvd player in the bedroom and turn it up almost full blast. I put headphones on so I don't hear it very loud and go to sleep. He hates that cd for some reason. He's even left his house to get away from me! If he's still at it after Alivn, I use UB40. Seems he's not a fan of them either.

He hasn't gotten the connection that if he's quiet, we all have a nice quiet night but when he's not, neighter am I.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Good point. Well, obviously a study has been made saying that children these days are selfish and narcistic, and I think this may be one of the causes. Another problem is that they don't know any limits or restrictions.
    I'm sure that all children aren't like that, but if this is an accepted way of life there, then I hate to think of what the generation of kids now growing up, will be like in the near future. Scary thought........
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I'm sure that all children aren't like that, but if this is an accepted way of life there, then I hate to think of what the generation of kids now growing up, will be like in the near future. Scary thought........
    Indeed!

Kirsten

I also like Johanna have a low tolerance of noise,however there are times you just have to grin and bear it,I really have empathy for you though,here in NZ we have noise control and it has to be over a certain decibels before they will do anything, however i lived next door to a group of young people renting and going to university who had a party nearly every single night in the garage which is very close to our property, it was terrible and it took a real toll on my already bad health at the time,this went on for a year too,so if anyone understands Kirsten i sure do.

I love to hear children laughing and playing too, but from what you are describing it is beyond that, it is not the children's fault but their parents,who should be teaching them to be more considerate of others.

We have children across the road from us, they are pretty darn noisy too, they are fairly new neighbours, but honestly their parents are worse, they get up at around 6 every day, and make such a noise, i am an early riser so it is not such a big deal to me, but they slam their van doors, put on the radio loud and i just feel they are so inconsiderate of others trying to get a lie in at the weekends.

I have no answers Kirsten, such a ton of empathy. HUGS
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️